PDA

View Full Version : Misc F*CK Intel...

~The_Duke~
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I swear to go this is the worst motherboard\hinksink design ever created...

There is a metal thing on the bottom of the motherboard that the hinkseat set up screws into. Well when you put the bastard on there it shorts out the CPU power...so the computer cuts off after a couple millisecs. I had to wrap this god damn metal thing in an anti-static bag to get this thing to work.

:2up: FUCK Intel...

v3rd1g0
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
this thread is worthless w/o pics

~The_Duke~
05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Least you could have done is used the smiely lol hold on a sec I need to try out the card reader anyway :)

v3rd1g0
05-07-2006, 10:18 PM
i couldn't find the smilies haha XD here lemme do it again
:ttiwwp:

~The_Duke~
05-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I didnt want to take the mobo out of the case again so I just drew pics with panit lol cas I am a lazy SOB

v3rd1g0
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
what in the world haha

ReCkLe5s
05-08-2006, 12:28 AM
i dunno what he's tring to do .. but he needs a professional to install it thats for sure

~The_Duke~
05-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I dont think you can get a pro install for $90...This is the jerry rig spare parts machine from hell...I am surpised it even boots up let alone runs windows lol

4dmin
05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
ummm sounds like your heatsink isn't properly seated or on the wrong way ;)

wantboost
05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
if it shorts off in a couple seconds it is the overheat protection kicking in (its on the bios). which means it isnt installed right. and if you didnt know that you should have someone install it be4 you fry everything

wantboost
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
ummm sounds like your heatsink isn't properly seated or on the wrong way ;)
didnt read that be4 i posted. ^^^ :goodjob: . oh btw dont say fuck intel just cause you didnt install it right. if you would have gotten an amd it prob. would have been fryed by now

~The_Duke~
05-08-2006, 03:02 PM
The funny thing is that I did install the hint sink and the lil metal thing correctly. I looked on the intel website to make sure...and BTW the reason I am running this isnt because I want it is the only thing I got...and for $90 dollars of computer I am not going to spend extra money to buy another heatsink or mobo. I am going to cut apart a anti-static bag and screw the bitch on there. It isnt over heating, because the thing works fine when you take that metal thing of and just hold the hintsink\fan on there it works fine. Aslo when I had the motherboard out of the case sitting on an antistatic bag and turned the machine on it worked fine.

I have had nothing but shitty products coming form intel. All the Intel chip sets I have owned have broken with in 8 months of buying them. The processor dont proform well and they over heat like a bitch. Intel products suck ass.

wantboost
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
^^^ i have a 2.8 northwood overclocked to 3.56 on fans, overheating? i think not. and you must be buying budget mobos cause ive had mine for 2 years running that overclocked speed and it still hasnt fried.

wantboost
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
also built over 70 computers and intel is deff more stable than amd. if you dont skimp on the mobo

note: speaking generally in the paragraph above

~The_Duke~
05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Intel must not like me or my family then...because my father, bother, and I have had horrible luck with anything that was produced by Intel...I will never buy anything else Intel. I will use AMD stuff from now on.

4dmin
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
JUST WORD OF ADVICE SOME PROCESSORS ARE PICKY ABOUT HOW THE HEATSINK GOES ON... EVEN THOUGH ALOT ARE CIRCLE/SQUARE AND LOOK LIKE THEY ARE ON PROPERLY I WOULD SWAP THE DIRECTION TO SEE IF THAT FIXES YOUR PROBLEM... SOMETHING ELSE TO LOOK FOR IS MAKE SURE YOUR BOARD IS SECURELY BOLTED TO THE CHASIS, THAT COULD CAUSE A SHORT.

systems today are too fucking picky i remember back in the day runnin a k6 out of a old brief case and running it through a power invertor in my car to run MP3/video (this was long before computers were in cars) ;)

~The_Duke~
05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I tried the hink sink every which way. Even tried putting on new thremal compound and a different kind of compound. I tried loosen the screws tighten the screws, I tried it with all the mobo standoff's screwed in, with out the stand off's screwed in, I tried it out of the case. Oh I spend enough time and thrown screw drivers on it. My solution was what worked. I figured that would be closest thing to having it lied out on a table set on top of an anti-static bag which was which worked 100% of the time. I put the stupid thing in the case and it wouldnt work. I do agree that the newer stuff is very very picky about certain things.

green91
05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
make sure you use thermal paste. it does work.. even in my own computers ive seen crazy temp drops just from using good paste.

~The_Duke~
05-08-2006, 07:18 PM
make sure you use thermal paste. it does work.. even in my own computers ive seen crazy temp drops just from using good paste.

Oh yes it does...there was old paste on there so I took it off with some rubbing achocol and put some of the good stuff on there and it ran better.

On a seperate note, I dont really care what you guys say because I built a computer for $90 dollars and some spare parts. :tongue:

v3rd1g0
05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
i built a computer out of spare parts and stuff i found at good will.... i have you beat lol. also i got a 2.3ghz computer for free once lol :-D gotta love rich girlfriend parents. "our computer is slow so we bought a new one, u want the old one?"

~The_Duke~
05-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Well you suck...lol

I bought most of my parts from this half asian dude that goes by the name of nemesis (jorge I think is the correct spelling) lol.

v3rd1g0
05-09-2006, 01:36 PM
hahaha nice