PDA

View Full Version : I cant Believe its been 2 years today

The Ren
05-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Since my car accident.. I thank god for everything I have every day and it really amazes me when I look back at the pictures.. how I survived it...

quickdodgeŽ
05-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Since my car accident.. I thank god for everything I have every day and it really amazes me when I look back at the pictures.. how I survived it...

Wrong section for this post, ma'am. Reps to you. Just don't check your reps for a couple of days. Later, QD.

Julio
05-07-2006, 09:38 AM
post pics.. my wreck was 12 years ago.. glad to be hear also.

The Ren
05-07-2006, 04:28 PM
post pics.. my wreck was 12 years ago.. glad to be hear also.

It just amazes me at how far I have gotten in two years... looking at the pics.. man Im glad to be alive

Mr. Antonov
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
got any pics?

The Ren
05-07-2006, 04:46 PM
yeah.. a few

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture5.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture7.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture8.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture4.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture6.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture1.jpg

and this is her car

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/mycivicjust8u/My%20car%20accident-%20May%207%202004/Picture9.jpg

Mr. Antonov
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
damn whos fault was it?

Tasuki_Civic
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
wow...what happened and what got hurt? im still tryin to get over mine. and its only been 4 months

The Ren
05-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Well I got the ticket.. but I took her to court.. I was pulling out of a side street making a left and she was going straight.. 80 in a 30mph zone.. They didnt give her a ticket and since I was not at right mindset... the cop had to go by the book... I took her to court and after almost a year and 1/2 of fighting I won...

Injuries: 3 Broken ribs (10,11,& 12), Class 3 Laceration in my kidney, Puntured Lung, 4 pelvis fractures, and 2 broken bones in my left hand (pinky and ring finger which now has a rod with 6 screws in it for life)....

The BUCKY
05-07-2006, 05:10 PM
still glad that you are ok

The Ren
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
It feels like it was yesterday.. I still cant believe its been 2 years

ahmonrah
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
accident survivors are the shit!!! um it's been 10 months since mine, but when i watch a movie with a fiery car crash in it. i still smell the fire, gasoline and interior of my truck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol make a day for the IA survivor club....but on a real note, RIP elliot...NEGRODAMUS.

Z0_o6
05-07-2006, 05:31 PM
gosh, those pics look really rough, glad your ok

Red
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Wow! Well I'm glad your here and that you survied that shit or else I would of never gotten to know you. Never take anything for granted. :)

aaronfelipe
05-07-2006, 05:54 PM
how much did you sue for?

PhAtBoYMr2
05-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Those pictures just show how precious life really is your one lucky girl, Now you got the supra so consider the positives

Kalifornia087
05-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Damn. Puts shit into perspective.

babygurl
05-07-2006, 06:07 PM
WOW girl sorry you had to go through that....thank god you are alive :)

Master Shake
05-07-2006, 06:11 PM
damn...that car got smacked pretty good. on june 26th it will be 1 year since i got in my wreck. traffic was stopped so i stopped and the mexican behind me decided to keep goin and hit me about 60mph and i ended up hittin the guy in front of me. i lost my 95 integra special edition that day. :(
i remember when i got hit i could see my cd player in my periferal vision and seen the cd shoot out of into my backseat along with the faceplate. i got raped that day.

but yea...feels good to still be here though. glad i had a seatbelt on or my ass would've been makin out with the steering wheel harcore.

and since i respect my fellow racers, its good to know that you survived though. it was a lot worse than my accident.

TIGERJC
05-07-2006, 07:00 PM
damn...that car got smacked pretty good. on june 26th it will be 1 year since i got in my wreck. traffic was stopped so i stopped and the mexican behind me decided to keep goin and hit me about 60mph and i ended up hittin the guy in front of me. i lost my 95 integra special edition that day. :(
i remember when i got hit i could see my cd player in my periferal vision and seen the cd shoot out of into my backseat along with the faceplate. i got raped that day.

but yea...feels good to still be here though. glad i had a seatbelt on or my ass would've been makin out with the steering wheel harcore.

and since i respect my fellow racers, its good to know that you survived though. it was a lot worse than my accident.

WHY DOES RACIST or Nationality COME INTO PLAY?????

Julio
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
So the question everyone wants to ask is ( im sure )

What did they take of ?

Mr. Antonov
05-07-2006, 09:13 PM

how the fuck was he racist.. all he said was mexican.. big fuckin deal.. its like your ashamed to be called that

Master Shake
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM

what the fuck are you talkin about?
i just said that i lost my car cause i was hit by a fuckin mexican. what did you want to me say?

i WASN'T being racist...and nationality came into play cause the guy was, well, he was a fuckin mexican. he crashes into my car...jumps out and runs from the scene.

try reading it again.

Julio
05-07-2006, 09:19 PM
what the fuck are you talkin about?
i just said that i lost my car cause i was hit by a fuckin mexican. what did you want to me say?

i WASN'T being racist...and nationality came into play cause the guy was, well, he was a fuckin mexican. he crashes into my car...jumps out and runs from the scene.

try reading it again.

Why not hispanic? If he ran, how you know he was mexican ? I think that what he was saying.

Master Shake
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Why not hispanic? If he ran, how you know he was mexican ? I think that what he was saying.

i can see what you're implying.
the accident report says his name Luis Hernandez.
i dont know, it seems like a mexican to me. he had his family with him though, too. and they were speakin spanish.

i don't know. but if i did want to be racist with it, i could've. but mexican just sounded like the better of the terms.

Julio
05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
i dont know, it seems like a mexican to me. he had his family with him though, too. and they were speakin spanish.

i don't know. but if i did want to be racist with it, i could've. but mexican just sounded like the better of the terms.

There is/was a baseball playa called Luis hernandez and he was from Cuba.

So, he was speaking spanish and that makes him mexican?

Is ok, You live in Rome, Im not shocked. :lmfao:

Master Shake
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
There is/was a baseball playa called Luis hernandez and he was from Cuba.

So, he was speaking spanish and that makes him mexican?

Is ok, You live in Rome, Im not shocked. :lmfao:

whatever.

The Ren
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
So the question everyone wants to ask is ( im sure )

What did they take of ?

huh?

nightracer
05-07-2006, 10:08 PM
wow...what happened and what got hurt? im still tryin to get over mine. and its only been 4 months
Hope you fell better sweety..

Julio
05-07-2006, 10:12 PM
huh?

Bhwhaha , my bad, I never finished what I was asking.. haha my bad..

What did they take care of?

quickdodgeŽ
05-07-2006, 10:14 PM

Hmmm. I've always wondered what the people in Spain speak. Or Brazil. Or Honduras. Unless, since Spanish is the national language of Spain, then all Spaniards are really Mexicans. Later, D.

The Ren
05-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Bhwhaha , my bad, I never finished what I was asking.. haha my bad..

What did they take care of?

Well...at first nothing.. until the suit was finished I was 50 Grand in debt with med bills.. once everything was done I had all my med bills paid off.. I had money left over to buy my supra and put a down payment on my house.. Although none of that mattered to me as much as I never got an apology from the cop or the other driver... Even when the accident happened she not once got out of the car to see if I was ok..

Julio
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Well...at first nothing.. until the suit was finished I was 50 Grand in debt with med bills.. once everything was done I had all my med bills paid off.. I had money left over to buy my supra and put a down payment on my house.. Although none of that mattered to me as much as I never got an apology from the cop or the other driver... Even when the accident happened she not once got out of the car to see if I was ok..

fuc*m you alive and got the cheese.. thats all that matters :D

SampaGuy
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Hmmm. I've always wondered what the people in Spain speak. Or Brazil. Or Honduras. Unless, since Spanish is the national language of Spain, then all Spaniards are really Mexicans. Later, D.

kinda hard to understand, u saying that people in brazil speak spanish?

Nismo
05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
And I cant believe its not butter

The Ren
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
fuc*m you alive and got the cheese.. thats all that matters :D

Not to me.. I mean yeah its nice.. but what kind of a person can do that and no even apologize.. I remember sitting in the car when the firs truck arrived and I was like.. oh yay I get to get out and go back to work.. I really couldnt feel much pain yet... But I remember seeing one of the firefighters.. he had to of been young to mid 20s and the look on his face.. i will never forget.. I knew immediatly then I wasnt walking out..right then and there is when fear struck...

429bigblock
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
kinda hard to understand, u saying that people in brazil speak spanish?

i hope someone dosent think that or peter will be angry

Julio
05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Not to me.. I mean yeah its nice.. but what kind of a person can do that and no even apologize.. I remember sitting in the car when the firs truck arrived and I was like.. oh yay I get to get out and go back to work.. I really couldnt feel much pain yet... But I remember seeing one of the firefighters.. he had to of been young to mid 20s and the look on his face.. i will never forget.. I knew immediatly then I wasnt walking out..right then and there is when fear struck...

Get that thought out of your head.. .. There are some assclowns in this world.. just enjoy what you got and that you are alive..

In my book, I think is 10000000000000000000 times better then the bitch that hit you and didnt care for you..

The Ren
05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Get that thought out of your head.. .. There are some assclowns in this world.. just enjoy what you got and that you are alive..

In my book, I think is 10000000000000000000 times better then the bitch that hit you and didnt care for you..

Easier said then done.. I have nightmares all the time of replays of the accident.. for the first month it was all i could dream of...

But like I said.. im thankful I have my life and my friends..

Julio
05-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Easier said then done.. I have nightmares all the time of replays of the accident.. for the first month it was all i could dream of...

But like I said.. im thankful I have my life and my friends..

Gotcha....

When I had my Bike accident , I blacked out.. So I dont remember shit. All I remember is waking up in the hospital 2 days later.

2.3 Evo 8
05-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Personally, I wouldn't want to go through all the same BS just to barely get what is owed to you and have to go through years of torture doing physical therapy.

I have had 12 accidents total. 3 of which were within the last four years and I'm still recovering from them.

May of 2003 I was in my convertable when a 18 wheeler made an illegal turn and cut me off causing me to slide under the semi's trailor. Once I made impact under the trailor he kept driving and drug me over a curb, and finally coming to a stop.

1 month later I was in the rental car and was struck by another driver making an illegal lane change and almost flipped the car while riding on two wheels, hitting the curb an going airborne.

6 months after that I t-boned a teenage girl making an illegal turn across a double yellow line.

I just had lower back and hip surgery a year ago as of last week. I have two 3 inch titanium screws in my lower back, muscles were cut to relieve leg pain, and a bone graph transplanted from hip to back. All said and done I have lost 10% movement in my right leg, 10% movement in my neck, and 18% total body loss of movement. I use to take Morphine, oxycontin, percocets, muscle relaxers, and anti depressants for over 3 years while trying to rehabilitate. I took more drugs than that, but at the moment I can't recall all the names. I went through alot of drugs over 3 years.

The worst part of my recovering besides the pain was "extra" pain. Injection therapy sucks. 3 to 4 inch needles poking you in your lower back, neck, and spinal cord REALLY HURT.

Today I live in pain every day and just take 2-4 Aleve a day which barely helps, but it better than nothing. After a normal day of work I feel like an old man who's been beat with a 2 x 4 repeatedly. I do all that I can to rest and relax in between shifts at work.

The Ren
05-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Personally, I wouldn't want to go through all the same BS just to barely get what is owed to you and have to go through years of torture doing physical therapy.

I have had 12 accidents total. 3 of which were within the last four years and I'm still recovering from them.

May of 2003 I was in my convertable when a 18 wheeler made an illegal turn and cut me off causing me to slide under the semi's trailor. Once I made impact under the trailor he kept driving and drug me over a curb, and finally coming to a stop.

1 month later I was in the rental car and was struck by another driver making an illegal lane change and almost flipped the car while riding on two wheels, hitting the curb an going airborne.

6 months after that I t-boned a teenage girl making an illegal turn across a double yellow line.

I just had lower back and hip surgery a year ago as of last week. I have two 3 inch titanium screws in my lower back, muscles were cut to relieve leg pain, and a bone graph transplanted from hip to back. All said and done I have lost 10% movement in my right leg, 10% movement in my neck, and 18% total body loss of movement. I use to take Morphine, oxycontin, percocets, muscle relaxers, and anti depressants for over 3 years while trying to rehabilitate. I took more drugs than that, but at the moment I can't recall all the names. I went through alot of drugs over 3 years.

The worst part of my recovering besides the pain was "extra" pain. Injection therapy sucks. 3 to 4 inch needles poking you in your lower back, neck, and spinal cord REALLY HURT.

Today I live in pain every day and just take 2-4 Aleve a day which barely helps, but it better than nothing. After a normal day of work I feel like an old man who's been beat with a 2 x 4 repeatedly. I do all that I can to rest and relax in between shifts at work.

I know the feeling.. Im a vet tech.. and with a messed up pelvis I feel it everyday. Mine is lifelong..because I have to be under heavy supervision when I have kids to make sure my pelvis can handle it.. I have a scarred kidney...which I also have to have bloodwork pulled every 6 months to make sure that it is holding strong...I had 3 broken ribs.. which unfourtunatly never fully heal.. whenever it rains I feel like I cannot breathe. I have a rod with 6 screws in my left hand.. and I still, 2 years later do not have full feeling in my hand. I went through 3 Surguries on my hand alone.. then a year later I went through another surgury to remove a small 1/2 inch peice of glass from my left elbow. I also have knee problems from the accident.. being thrown into the dash while someone hits you at 80mph... yea does some damage... because of my pelvis I had to learn how to walk again.. rehab sucks ass... I remember the days of morphine and percocet... I remember the days I couldnt get out of bed.. or even sit up in bed by myself. But the worst part about everything.. is I remember the entire accident.. I didnt black out (well until I died in the ambulence) but I remember everything from the time I got hit to the time I black out in the ambulence and then I remember getting to the hospital and being rolled into ER...Other than a few details here and there.. those however many minutes I can never forget.

But in the end I think about this.. atleast I can feel the pain. It sucks, but its a daily reminder at how lucky I am. I'd much rather feel pain.. then nothing at all.