PDA

View Full Version : Brink of World War III?

Scgrandprix
05-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Well judging from all the action across the world the price of Crude oil, the fact that we haven’t had a major world war in 61 years, Iran on the Verge of building a nuke, Israel ready to defend itself with nukes at any moment, Russia and China playing a game with the UN security council about sanctions on Iran. Russia is using its oil to Blackmail most of Europe, Africa is in turmoil, Venezuela is pressing its luck with the United States, and Iran is also threatening to stop its sale of Oil to countries across the world. Terrorism in Iraq is leading the country closer to Civil War, and tension always between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir territory. Yes cooler heads might be able to calm the whole situation down, but with everyone being so bullheaded around the world I don’t know who will be the first to back down. Being the only superpower left in the world the US is again going to need to step forward and try to relax the situation either by show of force or even extreme diplomatic reasoning. It’s easy to believe that we might be on the brink of another world war, and I want to see what you guys think about the situation.

If another world war is to break out what will many of you do? Stay at home and watch the world fight it out? Join the Military? Let me know what yall think. I know my brother will be right back in the Marines and ill either be with him or in the Army rangers.

Seymour222
05-07-2006, 03:29 AM
In wicked times we live, coincidently, so did the generations before us. I think it is the awkward. natural order of things.

CSquared
05-07-2006, 03:29 AM
All i know... Theres no fucking way I'm dropping out of college.

but I hope it doesn't go that far.

AznTraitor
05-07-2006, 07:57 AM
If we did, we would be in some deep ass shit. The youth has 0% patriotism for this country. Plus there alot of the people in the military now that shouldn't even be there. They just want their signing bonus and get out once their 4 years is up. That's why you hear so many stories of soldiers who complain and bitch and moan. I got news for them, they signed a contract and they are a soldier first and foremost before their MOS....what'd they expect? jump roping and eating cotton candy all the time.

not trying to point anyone out, and I'm sure he has his reasons, but CRAMERIZKING has the mentality that most of the youth has today. Every decade people more and more lose patriotism and are not proud of their country. It use to be college students, high school students couldn't wait to serve their country, you're lucky to find that anywhere now.

I mostly blame the media because of their love to focus so heavily on the wrong thing the govt does instead of what it does right. People are always so quick to judge when something wrong happens and dont care how much has been done right.

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 08:03 AM
If we did, we would be in some deep ass shit. The youth has 0% patriotism for this country. Plus there alot of the people in the military now that shouldn't even be there. They just want their signing bonus and get out once their 4 years is up. That's why you hear so many stories of soldiers who complain and bitch and moan. I got news for them, they signed a contract and they are a soldier first and foremost before their MOS....what'd they expect? jump roping and eating cotton candy all the time.

not trying to point anyone out, and I'm sure he has his reasons, but CRAMERIZKING has the mentality that most of the youth has today. Every decade people more and more lose patriotism and are not proud of their country. It use to be college students, high school students couldn't wait to serve their country, you're lucky to find that anywhere now.

Boy if all that isn't the truth. To add, a lot of today's younger idiots just join the military for a "status symbol." They think it makes them look cool and be cool to claim Marines or Navy or whatever.

I wouldn't go into the service. But that's because I can't. I have an honorable, medical discharge from the service. Later, QD.

AznTraitor
05-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Boy if all that isn't the truth. To add, a lot of today's younger idiots just join the military for a "status symbol." They think it makes them look cool and be cool to claim Marines or Navy or whatever.

I wouldn't go into the service. But that's because I can't. I have an honorable, medical discharge from the service. Later, QD.

oh man, I see that shit everyday. You see these shit head privates who think they are superman because they wear the uniform. They will wear their uniforms to any place they possibly can. When I go home to Alpharetta you will never catch me in my uniform...but so many guys will go back to their towns which are non military so when they see a person in uniform you get all sorts of attention and they play into it so much.

ruah_23
05-07-2006, 08:14 AM
If that time will come.I'll not think twice and serve my country. For now I'm happy serving my communities.

2.0civic
05-07-2006, 09:05 AM

I mostly blame the media because of their love to focus so heavily on the wrong thing the govt does instead of what it does right. People are always so quick to judge when something wrong happens and dont care how much has been done right.

+1 for you man. couldnt be more correct. i hate that shit when i see people going places in their uniforms just walking around. my fiance's cousin was in iraq 4 times and said that he would gladly do it again. i always use to see these parents on the news about "my son didnt have to die" and crap like that. your kids new what they signed up for. death is just a price of war. theres three people i work with who are trying to enlist and one of them were like "man it would be awesome to say im a marine". i was like yeah, wrong reason to enlist.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-07-2006, 09:51 AM

I agree with you about the 0% patriotism for the country from the youth. I guess im considerd part of that catergory because i would never fight and die for something i didnt agree with or belive in. America doesnt agree with the war going on in iraq and america doesnt back up our president 100%, alot of the troops over in iraq disagree with whats going on right now and when our troops dont agree with the war it puts a slight kink in morale.The president is incompetant and has made some very bad desions in the office that has taken the lives of thousands of young americans. America is always trying to police the world but we have enough problems to deal with in our country. This war hasnt really proved anything nor really benefited us in any way.

If we had another war it would be a war driven by money,markets, and narrow minded politicans to get more cash in their pockets unlike the other wars we fought that were over territory, emotions, or just plainly fighting to live. WW2 was fought because we had no choice to fight, we were provoked and brought into the war.

if you belive in supersitions Its predicted that the next world war will be the war of all wars. It will be the war to end all wars and maybe end humanity. I say end humanity because nuclear power is nothing to fuck with, taking a whole city out in the blink of an eye. It could happen

5thgcelica
05-07-2006, 09:59 AM
If that time will come.I'll not think twice and serve my country. For now I'm happy serving my communities.

true that man... i have always thought about joining up.

but if that time comes. ill be the first one in line ready to step up.

krindus
05-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I joined to get good benefits, money for education, and a jump start on life. But i knew very well that i might die in the service of my country, and that doesn't bother me in the least. I don't particularly care for my president (who really likes their boss anyways?) but I love my country.

But on the other hand, I don't really think anything huge is going to happen, if anything it'll be the Cold war all over again. but who knows.

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree with you about the 0% patriotism for the country from the youth. I guess im considerd part of that catergory because i would never fight and die for something i didnt agree with or belive in. America doesnt agree with the war going on in iraq and america doesnt back up our president 100%, alot of the troops over in iraq disagree with whats going on right now and when our troops dont agree with the war it puts a slight kink in morale.The president is incompetant and has made some very bad desions in the office that has taken the lives of thousands of young americans. America is always trying to police the world but we have enough problems to deal with in our country. This war hasnt really proved anything nor really benefited us in any way.

i agree, it's hard to have patriotism for a country (or govt really) that has been leading us in the wrong direction and into conflicts that aren't necessary. if war broke out, i'm not saying i'd be the first one in line to volunteer, but if it came to it i wouldn't run away to canada or some bullshit either.

CSquared
05-07-2006, 01:11 PM

No offense taken... but let me explain.

It's not that i've lost patriotism or pride in the country. I appreciate what the soldiers do for us over seas, giving me a chance to go to college to begin with. However, I don't believe there should be a draft. Fighting for our freedom is also fighting for the choice to decline military service imposed by the draft. (EDIT: you KNOW there WILL be a draft is there is another large scale war)

I have no problem joining the military for work related experience(I'm going for psychology), but i just can't currently justify being a living target on a battle field... just to come home and have to go back to school anyway. If we were attacked on our home soil and the battle was completely neccessary my opinion would be different.

Until it reaches that point... I'm cool with school.

TeeJay
05-07-2006, 01:26 PM
we have been attacked on our home soil.

Scgrandprix
05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
oh man, I see that shit everyday. You see these shit head privates who think they are superman because they wear the uniform. They will wear their uniforms to any place they possibly can. When I go home to Alpharetta you will never catch me in my uniform...but so many guys will go back to their towns which are non military so when they see a person in uniform you get all sorts of attention and they play into it so much.

My brother did 4 years as marine infantry, and 2 tours in Iraq and he would never wear his uniform when he came home. I asked him why he would never wear it and he said he didnt want the attention and since he wore it 24/7 in N.C. he wanted to wear civilian clothes when he got home. He got out in november 2005 and now hes training to be a Gwinnette county cop. He would go back to the corps in a second if they needed him.

Im in college right now to become an officer so im pretty much set for the military anyways always wanted to do it.

Ya we could sat we are close to another cold war, Russia is becoming more of a communist country again. Putin is making his own powers greater and locking people out of office. Russia and China have been conducting military war games with each other, and it is usually russia showing its advanced technology so that china can buy it. Since china is growing so fast and buying a lot of military equipment we gotta keep an eye on them and make sure we stay ahead of them in the military department. They got the worlds biggest army remember that.

CSquared
05-07-2006, 01:38 PM
we have been attacked on our home soil.

and we've done SOOO much to retaliate...