PDA

View Full Version : Misc Update on Game's upcoming album...

quickdodge®
05-06-2006, 10:28 AM
The worlds #1 most anticipated album of 2006 "the Doctors Advocate" which was originally scheduled to be released on 06/06/06 has been pushed back to late summer of 2006.

The Game as well as Dr. Dre & their respective label Interscope Records sat down and decided it was best to move the date in order to accommodate Busta Rhyme's upcoming album "The Big Bang" which is slated to drop on June 6th.

The Game also added that his good friend, Ice Cube, was scheduled for 06/06/06 so he also decided it was right to make the move as well in order not to interrupt either of those sales.

The Game also added for more on how big of an impact "The Doctor's Advocate" will have on hip hop (refer to the classic "Documentary" album) which has sold 5 million records worldwide doing an astonishing 600,000 copies in its 1st weeks sales.

The Game told allhiphop.com that if "The Doctor's Advocate" doesn't do a million records the 1st week he will retire from hip hop for a president position at his home label Interscope Records. (I hope that's not a subliminal to President Carter)??? Just kidding readers, no more beef!!!

The Game also told a source, after my next album drops the world will have to respect my albums, my legacy & re-recognize the West Coast as a hip hop power! I am one of the best emcees this game has seen in a long time, when my The Doctor's advocate drops I will be #1

Later, QD.

TeeJay
05-06-2006, 10:40 AM
i cant wait for that shit. i'm not a huge fan of the west coast, but his last album was absolutely insane.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-07-2006, 05:26 PM
blah he wont do gunit numbers again, he prob wont do 1/2 he did on his first album, hell be lucky to go platnium

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 05:34 PM
^^^ I agree. But I don't think it will be because G-Ushit isn't in on it. He did a lot of shit in between albums and it kind of wore a lot of folks down. People got tired of him just keepin on making diss tracks to 50. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-07-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah he fucked up his own career. When he came out with his album i remember the 2 singles that came out were bumping....and both of them had 50 on it "this is how we do" and "Hate it or love it" both of those songs had mad raido play and were bangers so i think that has a big part of him being platnium

not to mention probal 1/3 people that bought the album were gunit fans, and now that he got dropped he just lost about 1/3 of his fanbase if not all.

Julio
05-07-2006, 07:12 PM
bhwhahaha @ phatboy.. sorry man.. 50 or no one in the Gunot camp flows like game

I will BET with anyone in this thread or who decides to post in here it will go PLAT.. I dont think the 1st week.. but it will go Platinum in a month or less.

The GAME is the BEST the west has right now.. I mean, C'mon 5 million records???
Who was the last cat in the west coast to do that ???? Until someones steps up and do those type of sales... There is no one better.. NUMBERS speak louder then words.
The Games 1st ALBUM was 150 times better then both of 50's. Yes, Games Did not get more play ON REGULAR RADIO.. But satellite the GAME was everywhere.. and the only reason GUNIT shit got played on Satellite is due to SHADE 45 on Sirius, Not to sure about XM. .. But whenever I would listen to XM at home.. GAME was also everywhere. Mixtapes everywhere...

If you havent listen to the GAME's Documentary.. Listen to it.. shit is nice.

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
I think if it does reach Plat, it will be longer than a month. He does NOT have a huge following. Later, QD.

Julio
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
not to mention probal 1/3 people that bought the album were gunit fans, and now that he got dropped he just lost about 1/3 of his fanbase if not all.

Bhwhahah @ you again... He didnt get dropped out of GUNIT.. HE LEFT GUNIT because 50 wanted him to bash JA/JOE and NAS..Game wasnt for all that.

BTW.. His album wasnt even out when He left GUNIT
Thats why they were thinking about removing the Song HATE IT OR LOVE IT of the album.. But it was just to close to release date so they left it.
...So I guess he didnt loose much of the fan base since he sold 5 Mill....

Or you going to say they were just curious to listen to it.. :rolleyes:

Julio
05-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I think if it does reach Plat, it will be longer than a month. He does NOT have a huge following. Later, QD.

I bet he will sale about 1/2 a mill on his 1st week.

You know why... He might not have a big following.. BUT.. DRE and EM do...
Me personally enjoy DRE's Beats and EM is getting pretty good also.
Dre to me, By far is the best Rap producer of ALL TIME

That right there is enough credit for people to go out and Buy it.

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Dre to me, By far is the best Rap producer of ALL TIME

Agreed. But I don't think it will be enough to cover your prediction. 1/2 million in the first week is high to me. I'm guessing no more than 300,000. Later, QD.

Julio
05-07-2006, 07:42 PM
well see. =]

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Yessir. Tell ya what. A friendly wager? A drink? I get you a BL or whatever you're drinking or you hook me up with a Dew. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh, and let me add that Feminem is not on the Game's album. Just Dre, Kanye West, Just Blaze and Cool & Dre. Later, QD.

Julio
05-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Yessir. Tell ya what. A friendly wager? A drink? I get you a BL or whatever you're drinking or you hook me up with a Dew. Later, QD.

Ok.. PLAT in one month..

I buy you a 2 liter of DEW if he doesnt and you buy me a 24 oz of Heineken if he does... sounds good? :D

quickdodge®
05-07-2006, 08:56 PM
It's on like Space Invaders. I'll keep a look-out on the release date. It was June 6, but it was moved back until July or August. Later, QD.

ReCkLe5s
05-07-2006, 11:23 PM
i think it was a good move.. games new album will go plat.. time wise all depends on how much mtv pushes it... and thats the real... but since 50 has got the cops and mtv in his pocket... i dunno...

thinkfast®
05-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Game's goin platinum within a few weeks... this album is buzzin man, and you cant go wrong w/ the Doc... FUK THE HATERS!!! :D

PhAtBoYMr2
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Game's goin platinum within a few weeks... this album is buzzin man, and you cant go wrong w/ the Doc... FUK THE HATERS!!! :D

Groupies

~leaves~

quickdodge®
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
[G-UNIT CRIP LAVENDER]STAN![/G-UNIT CRIP LAVENDER]

Later, QD.

Nomad!
05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
"I am one of the best emcees this game has seen in a long time"

I don't know about all of that. I will say he was the best MC G-Unot had in their squad and, one of the best MCs when compaired to the crap on the radio these days. At any rate, I am pretty interested to see what he and the good doctor were able to put together. According to Fiddy, the Game was nothing without his "writing & creative abilities". I find that to be vomit inducing. I just hope it wasn't true. We shall see. With Dre (and Just Blaze) holding down the production, we are pretty much guaranteed a few head banging joints.