PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this Logo????

allstate45
05-06-2006, 06:03 AM
My teacher just started up his own drafting firm and I am putting together his website for him (trying to). For now he just wants me to put his logo on it until he writes out what he wants. I don't like his logo. What do you guys think?
appledesign.us (http://www.appledesign.us)

SwurvinIn
05-06-2006, 06:48 AM
looks like somethin outta the 80's....pretty cool tho

krindus
05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
3 minutes on ms paint... and you get that.... whatever the hell it was

Wurm
05-06-2006, 10:30 AM
the most simple designs make some of the best logos

SilverJester
05-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree simple logos are good...but that's not simple. Shrink that down to a buisness card size and see how all the lines seem to run into each other.

~The_Duke~
05-06-2006, 08:44 PM
I like it, but I agree it does need to be alot smaller.

tony
05-06-2006, 09:31 PM
The logo doesn't seem to say much about the company, when I think logo I think "branding".. something that represents its company.

I say this to be constructive and not negative but the logo looks all out of order from my perspective, so when that logo represents the company I will initially think the same about the company.. especially if the business is based off of designing.

After looking much closer and using the other side of my brain I realized that is supposed to be an apple.. which I'm sure plenty of smart people would get but you have to plan for the average consumer. BUT the logo is a start and you may be able to take it a step further. There is a guy that did this logo, the first image is the logo the customer made and the second is the one this guy redesigned from the original logo.

(his website is http://gieger.com/site)

rollininstyle2004
05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
True, but there is a difference between simple and basic. The way i see simple is more of a clean design, a nice flowing logo that is easily recognizable without to much extraneous stuff. Basic is like that...It doesnt look like much thought went into it...the only reason i could tell it was an apple was because of the website. If someome just showed me that picture and said what is it, it would take longer to figure it out. Sort of off topic, but why would someone name a company Apple nowadays, they would need to make an apple looking logo that doesnt look to similar to the Mac logo...

ECMgarrett
05-06-2006, 11:34 PM
crap

Mr. Antonov
05-06-2006, 11:53 PM
looks like shit.. no offense but next time use photoshop not paint >_<

allstate45
05-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Please don't think that you guys are hurt my feelings. I agree with all of you. We tried to tell him that we need a better logo but you likes it. The reason he named it Apple design is because his last name is Apple. The logo I can make any size but I just don't like it. It doesn't let people know what we can do.

What logos would you use?

rollininstyle2004
05-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Please don't think that you guys are hurt my feelings. I agree with all of you. We tried to tell him that we need a better logo but you likes it. The reason he named it Apple design is because his last name is Apple. The logo I can make any size but I just don't like it. It doesn't let people know what we can do.

What logos would you use?
I guess since the company is Apple Designs you would want a logo that has an apple or at least something that represents an apple. Maybe take an abstract apple shape and make it look like the D in designs and have it flow from there. Im sure i could come up with some stuff...i cant really think right now. Just make it simple and clean, but still unique and creative (which isnt the easiest thing, but what i think is ideal for a company's logo.)

CSquared
05-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Kill off all the inside and outside black borderline crap aside from the stem and bring the blocks closer together. Then it might look "allright".

BigPoppaHurtm
05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I voted like it but upon a second look I think it can be cleaned up/modified to be better. I do like it but some people will look at it and have a hard time comprehending it, or even realizing that it is a logo. It is a beginning far from the end.

Red
05-07-2006, 12:44 AM
doesn't really float my boat

RandomGuy
05-07-2006, 12:54 AM
MS PAINT FTW man

im gonna charge you for this... 50$ for this peice of art masterpeice

cool i accept checks, money orders, or paypal... k thx

LOLOL notice the ferrari cheese slicer vents on the bottom, thats straight JDM

CSquared
05-07-2006, 01:01 AM
MS PAINT FTW man

im gonna charge you for this... 50$ for this peice of art masterpeice

cool i accept checks, money orders, or paypal... k thx

LOLOL notice the ferrari cheese slicer vents on the bottom, thats straight JDM

That apple has some seriously saggy balls.

RandomGuy
05-07-2006, 01:05 AM
yes, yes, look closely on the leaf blahahah

YokotaS13
05-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Set a nice red apple in front of somethign he designed and take a picture

great logo

YokotaS13
05-07-2006, 04:50 AM
oh oh oh o h

or an apple behind a nascar car!!!!

get it apple drafting lol