PDA

View Full Version : WTB DSM PARTS ASAP

tha don hotrod
05-06-2006, 12:15 AM
A month and a half ago I ordered a JDM 4G63T for my 95 GST. It got here late. And the ecu and transmission were not on the pallet. So now I have a tracking number and the tranny will be here monday. Well today I found out the transmission that he is sending is the gsx awd tranny. So instead of sending it back and have to wait another month and a half before i get anything.I am just gonna convert the car into AWD. The only three parts I have not found are the whole rear axle assembly from disc to disc, the tsi or GSX gas tank, and the gsx starter. So if anyone has and dsm parts or knows where i could get them cheap I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jesse

SilverJester
05-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Don't know if you realize this or or not...but there is more than bolt on parts required to convert to awd. It will require some welding, as the fwd chasis does not come with anything for the driveshaft.
I don't know of anyone localy selling any parts...but albert (dvdtfab) has some awd parts for sale on his website.http://dvdtfab.com/for_sale.htm

YokotaS13
05-06-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah yuo also have to get a rear hanger off a donor car to weld on as well. unless you want to fab one lik ei had to on a spyder conversion i helped on, we just got tube steel, heated it up and bent it. and welded it on.

i deleted the link, but i had a complete walktrhough i helped write

tha don hotrod
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Thank you. If you all know of anywhere else let me know. Also this is from a post off dsmtuners.com
"Every thing in the front and exhaust system will be a bolt on thing but the rear end parts need to be made to fit in all holes are there for it to bolt in to the car. The gas tank take out the gst tank and cut out the two tank holders where it bolted to then put the gsx tank in and mark where the bolts will need to be moved to hold the new tank. The front bolts are there just need to be drilled to get rid of the spot weld and moved 2 holes in an both sides and tacked back in to the new holes that are there already. As for the rear I put bolts in the car to bolt in the rear also.
The rear end take out the gst rear end and ebrake cables. To put in the gsx rear end you need to cut the frame of the car it is in two layers of metal the rear bolt is in the right spot just cut it out and take ot the spacer that is on the bolt to drop it down so it is longer make sure to fabe a bolt holder so it wont spin when you tighten up the nut. as for the other bolt in there already just leave it a lone it if fine were it is or cut it off your choose but the next hole forward of that you will need to do the same as the rear bolt but you need to put in a grade 8 bolt in the hole then just bolt in the rear end and hook up the ebrake cables in the car.
drive shaft install You will have to drill out you exhaust holder and weld in the new one in the same spot you took yours out at they look the same but the gsx has the exhaust holders on it and the drive shaft bolts . As far as the rear holder you will need to weld it in right before the gas tank
then just Finnish bolting things in the car
that's it"
mark at tkrPerformance

Is that everything? Well I mean I know the flywheel, starter, front cv axles, the gsx exhaust and the DSM AWD gas tank, I am also going to install the 93 awd dsm 2 piston calipers while i am doing the swap. but if there are any other helpful hints or just some knowledge about it please feel free to let me know. BTW still looking for parts

burnout1990
05-08-2006, 08:16 PM
i got a friend parting out his whole awd car, 500 bucks for the whole car takes it. pm if interested.