PDA

View Full Version : swap trouble...

exjnv
05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
alright i cant figure this out.. just did an ls swap into my 92 teg and took the b16 out.. figured it would be quite easy since thats the motor that was in it to begin with.. well i got the motor in and it cranked right up.. it drives perfect but when i cut the headlights on the car starts acting like it isnt getting spark and then it dies.. also when i cut the headlights on the temp guage shoots all the way over to Hot. it only does that when i cut the headlights or the fog lights on.. and i cant think of what wires i would have crossed.. speedometer doesnt work either. and i think it may be the speedometer/alternator fuse but i dont have a fusebox cover for the fuse box under the dash.. so if anyone with a DA has a picture or anyone know of a place i could find a picture of it.. PLZ let me know that would be very helpfulllllll. OH also.. where would the temp sensor be on an ls? i had to take the thermostat housing cover off my b16 and put it on the ls cause i couldnt find the temp sensor on th ls.. but anyway.. any help would be awesome

Formally...
05-06-2006, 08:51 AM
^^^^. he is right. You need to check all your grounds. Also, did you use a new engine harness or are you using your old one.

THEONE
05-06-2006, 09:20 AM
you said you replaced your thermostat housing on your car. did you remeber to re connect that ground wire that attaches to the thermostat housing? i beleive its held on by a 10mm bolt.

exjnv
05-06-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah i used the old harness cause it was the stock wiring harness all they did was run wires for vtec.. and ther is a ground wire on the thermostat housing??? shit i better check that out