PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with my car shop.

2.2L
05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
on friday of last week my car finally quit on me for some reason. it wouldnt start for shit. now i towed it to my friends place on buford called five star automotive and when i did they said all four of my head gaskets blew so all the coolant and oil was mixing together. that was a 1100 dollar job to get four all new head gaskets and to get the head resurfaced. now just before the varsity meet i get to the gwinnett meet first to meet up and go ride to the varsity together but then the same shit happened again. and again i take tow it up to the shop again and now they are saying the distributor is gone. i get it back this friday and tried to get to work but then the same fucking thing happened again. the car would just die out as if i just cut the engine out and now its parked in my apt complex.... so the bitches at the shop are gonna have some dude cursing at them in saturday morning...

i already put over 6000 dollars worth of maintenance alone to keep it running and it only has 75000 miles on it. i wouldnt be complaining if i rode the car like a bitch but ever since i got it i got the tranny swap, water pump, radiator and hoses, head gaskets, distributor, hydraulic tensioner, clutch, tires, brakes, and more shit i cant think of in less then 8 months. i could have gotten a new car and i would have less stress then i have right now.

ALL I GOT TO SAY RIGHT NOW IS LIFE IS A BITCH

btw all this happened to the car in my sig

happy day

~The_Duke~
05-05-2006, 09:05 PM
on friday of last week my car finally quit on me for some reason. it wouldnt start for shit. now i towed it to my friends place on buford called five star automotive and when i did they said all four of my head gaskets blew so all the coolant and oil was mixing together. that was a 1100 dollar job to get four all new head gaskets and to get the head resurfaced. now just before the varsity meet i get to the gwinnett meet first to meet up and go ride to the varsity together but then the same shit happened again. and again i take tow it up to the shop again and now they are saying the distributor is gone. i get it back this friday and tried to get to work but then the same fucking thing happened again. the car would just die out as if i just cut the engine out and now its parked in my apt complex.... so the bitches at the shop are gonna have some dude cursing at them in saturday morning...

i already put over 6000 dollars worth of maintenance alone to keep it running and it only has 75000 miles on it. i wouldnt be complaining if i rode the car like a bitch but ever since i got it i got the tranny swap, water pump, radiator and hoses, head gaskets, distributor, hydraulic tensioner, clutch, tires, brakes, and more shit i cant think of in less then 8 months. i could have gotten a new car and i would have less stress then i have right now.

ALL I GOT TO SAY RIGHT NOW IS LIFE IS A BITCH

btw all this happened to the car in my sig

happy day

Damn that sucks...Good luck to ya man...

Life is a bitch, Then you die, and you have to pay taxes inbetween...I have learned this lesson the hard way serval times...

tattoodlude
05-05-2006, 09:08 PM
check the fuel pressure

and always ask around on here or

teaminterlude.com

to see if any can help you with the h22 these guys know there shit

IndianStig
05-05-2006, 09:26 PM
dawg.........preludes.........get a real honda

CIVICS FTW MOFO

jpjp

sucks ass man, thats some lemon you got there

SampaGuy
05-05-2006, 09:28 PM
learn to work on your car yourself

2.2L
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM
lol im learning one at a time and first of all i would if i had a garage but as i live in a apartment complex people frown at me for just doing a oil change

2.0civic
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM
4 head gaskets??

ProjectWidow
05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
4 head gaskets??
Yeh I was kind of wondering that too. but damn 6000 for just maintenance is expensive! I would look into maybe finding a new shop.

That sucks that it all happened at once though.

TIGERJC
05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
IS YOUR prelude turbo'd and the guy working on your car is named mike???

Mr. Antonov
i think u need to start working on your car and stop letting shops take your money

BLk92DA
6000...should of just overhauled it and got a new motor

Mr. Antonov
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
and since when did cars have 4 head gaskets?

2.2L
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
1 headgasket for each cylinder and its like 60 dollars each along with like 8 or something hours of labor making it around 1100 and also the head was resurfaced because of the possibility of the head warping when the overheating which also caused the headgaskets to blow

2.2L
05-05-2006, 10:05 PM
if somebody seriously wants to work on the car with me on what ever goes wrong next and has a place to do so ill gladly learn how to work on my own car.

ProjectWidow
05-05-2006, 10:06 PM
1 headgasket for each cylinder and its like 60 dollars each along with like 8 or something hours of labor making it around 1100 and also the head was resurfaced because of the possibility of the head warping when the overheating which also caused the headgaskets to blow
Dude you got ripped off if they charged you for 4 headgaskets! There is only 1 headgasket. Looks like this
http://performance.drivewire.com/001images/MRG/6213G.jpg

2.2L
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
IS YOUR prelude turbo'd and the guy working on your car is named mike???

lol i wish and before i have any turbo go near my car ill build the engine first becuase i heard horror stories of h22s going so fast because they have stock internals. and i think i seen a mike at the shop but i dont stay there because most of the time i give them a job they are too busy to start working on it right away....

Dude you got ripped off if they charged you for 4 headgaskets! There is only 1 headgasket. Looks like this

my bad it is one headgasket for 245 and 8 hours of labor and misc stuff like refurnish and valve cover gasket for like 1100

still after i tow it tomorrow to them to redo the distributor job i just did today and they say some other shit is wrong im just gonna throw a fit at them

well ive seen you gene going to main auto parts on buford. that was when i was going to the same shop for my seals, water pump, and hydraulic tensioner.

ProjectWidow
05-05-2006, 10:29 PM
my bad it is one headgasket for 245 and 8 hours of labor and misc stuff like refurnish and valve cover gasket for like 1100

still after i tow it tomorrow to them to redo the distributor job i just did today and they say some other shit is wrong im just gonna throw a fit at them

well ive seen you gene going to main auto parts on buford. that was when i was going to the same shop for my seals, water pump, and hydraulic tensioner.
I've been there once to pick something up for a friend. Dude for another 1000-1500 bucks or so you could have gotten a whole new h22

2.0civic
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
hmotorsonline ran a special awhile back for $1500 h22s without tranny, but yeah, you got ripped off. look at vteckidd's prices for headgaskets....thats oem parts too..

RandomGuy
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
I've been there once to pick something up for a friend. Dude for another 1000-1500 bucks or so you could have gotten a whole new h22
LOL EXACTLY and sold the old block and head on IA for about 1500 LOLOL you got owned...

for the amount u paid for the gasket itself it better be multi layer steel or something lol

anyways ... live and learn... cut ur losses and sell the honda b4 sum1 steals it

2.2L
05-05-2006, 10:38 PM
lol i would sell my car any day and buy a nice bike or something but parents are a bitch so im stuck with it. it wasnt bad until they started making me pay for part of the shit so this is why im starting to complain lol

and btw if one more shit is wrong with it im taking the title and sell it myself and go to the suzuki bike dealer for a nice gsx-r 1000 even though i might kill myself

2.2L
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
lol this is the most replies i got ever from starting a thread. either you would ignore or flame me.

RandomGuy
05-05-2006, 11:39 PM
lol this is the most replies i got ever from starting a thread. either you would ignore or flame me.

2.2L
05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
no the dreaded memories..... eeeeeek

Crazy Asian
05-05-2006, 11:55 PM
My guess is compression ratio gone really bad...or you really need a new engine. And the auto tensioner...is a really bad thing for a prelude and thats why lots of ppl are getting manual tensioner. Try Mainstream this time. Not whoever the hell that is.

ahmonrah
05-06-2006, 12:45 AM
i cant believe they ripped you like that........well yeah i can.

HyPer50
05-06-2006, 01:14 AM
and since when did cars have 4 head gaskets?

thats what i was gonna say lmao... got one of those W16 blocks? lmao.

2.2L
05-06-2006, 11:46 AM
lol my bad im just so disorientated right now since this is my second weekend without a car.

BTLFED
05-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Man you got fucked...bad. I wouldn't take my car back there again if I were you. Talk to VtecKidd on here.

v3rd1g0
05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
shit that sux man. you should try import sorce out down 316. they did my friend's h22 swap. did it pretty nice.

Julio
05-06-2006, 01:48 PM
damn dude.. sucks.. You have a Lemon.. Hondas usually dont fuck up that much.

Good luck.

2.2L
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
yeah once i get over this problem and it starts fucking over again im selling it and getting a gsx something r so people with bikes to sell get ready lol

2.2L
05-06-2006, 03:31 PM
like my new sig?
who needs photoshop when you got paint!

BTLFED
05-06-2006, 03:41 PM
:lmfao: