PDA

View Full Version : IA from back in the day!!!!

The Yousef
05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20011214031845/www.geocities.com/importatlanta1/frontpage.html

www.archive.org (http://www.archive.org)

^that shows most websites from their more humble beginnings....

damn IA has changed a lot!!!! congrats/props on the mods/admin/julio for bringing this site to the status it is now!

yousef

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 02:27 PM
that aint even the begiining man!

Bishop
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
damn!

The Yousef
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
that aint even the begiining man!

it wasn't?

oh well...i tried....lol

CMO
05-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Lol, the last post in CivicMinded's forum was by me.

Scrappy
05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
yup alex is right, not even the beginning, close though ;)

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 02:47 PM
ya the first i home page was like yellow or orange or someshit!!

hahahaha..

i remember the naratives done by PI Prez of every show!

He would be like

I woke up at 7am and got ready to go to godfather show! the weather was a little bit on the cold side.. bla bla bla

HAHA

4dmin
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
^ lol back when frontpage owned this site bahhhhhhhh... its kinda sad b/c it was all started w/ PI and now you barely hear about them :(

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Yup .. Seeorange Background! When Piprez Did The Site

The Yousef
05-02-2005, 03:00 PM
what was PI? sorry...i'm a n00b :(

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
what was PI? sorry...i'm a n00b :(

MYOLD CAR CLUB.. FOUNDED IN 1998 WE WERE THE SHIT!

PERFECTED IMAGES! THAT YELLOW CIVIC ON THE PAGE YOU POSTED IS JEFF TOUWSMAS FROM PI.

PI IS STILL AROUND, BUT THEY DONT ROLL 30 DEEP TO SHOWS ANYMORE AND TAKE ALL THE TROPHIES.. I DROPPED OUT IN 2002 BUT THEY ARE STILL AROUND

4dmin
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
^ i remember those days PI, Xrated, wTn, Allstars... right before ECI came on strong and took over :D

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Ya Eci Killed The Show Scene

4dmin
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
^ lol, you know its funny but that basically happened they came out and the scene went to shit ;)

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 03:10 PM
^ lol, you know its funny but that basically happened they came out and the scene went to shit ;)

yuppers! I dont think people wanted to lose

4dmin
05-02-2005, 03:11 PM
^ ya, that and i think people just gave up... i'm kinda glad to see the club/team scene picking up a bit, maybe not just show cars but its picking up, race/drift/etc.

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 03:12 PM
pi members to remember

ME

MoldedVW aka admin
Julio IA's owner
Woody poundersnatch with the mack evo conversion
JDMMIRAGE with the turbo mirage

thats all that really post.. on here still

you know! in the beginnning PI was the only that would post on these boards! we promoted it at every show.. it was PI that helped get this site off the ground

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Perfected Images Will Always Have A Place In The Atlanta Scene History Book! We Made Our Mark!

Mike4831
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
That was before my time.

Cliff
05-02-2005, 03:58 PM
i wanna see what kinda competition comes up now with eci and emotion or whatever....since their cars are apparently past members and same level as eci.....this year is gonna be nice it seems cause alot of people are just finishing up new stuff and old people are comin back out....

Cliff
05-02-2005, 04:00 PM
oh and what ever happened to buddy that had the red and white accord with chrome air set up in the back seat....i haven't seen him or his car since like HIN of 02 or 03.....and what happened to Dion's roommate with the white mirage evo.....

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Funny, though. Because this is a

REPOST!

I found that site a while back and posted it already. Later, QD.

Brett
05-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Lol, the last post in CivicMinded's forum was by me.

Yeah man, thats where some of us got our start Corey!! Damn its been a long ass time

Cliff
05-02-2005, 04:05 PM
corey go sell some tires so i can go for a drive

CMO
05-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Cliff I got someone that's supposed to call me back today about some.

Brett
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Damn I was a post whore even back then....lol

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
oh and what ever happened to buddy that had the red and white accord with chrome air set up in the back seat....i haven't seen him or his car since like HIN of 02 or 03.....and what happened to Dion's roommate with the white mirage evo.....

that car has been sitting in a agaragein hall county! the airride was removed for a coil over set up... but the car is stil sick as hell.. thats my son joes car

and Dion didnthave a roomate that white evo was PIPREZ's car and it is still around.. go to rick case any day and see it there! its driven daily

Brett
05-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah Joes car was nice as hell, I remember he used to bring a burgandy rug to park the car on that matched his paint

Cliff
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
oh well maybe i missunderstood....a while back i went by there to look at some wheels dion had and i thought that's what he had said....both were awesome cars....why is the red and white one never shown anymore?

Leisa
05-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah Joes car was nice as hell, I remember he used to bring a burgandy rug to park the car on that matched his paint

yep I remember that

chuck
05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Funny, though. Because this is a

REPOST!

I found that site a while back and posted it already. Later, QD.
even funnier though...it doesn't look like anyone cares what you say...lol
j/k qd, don't cry

4dmin
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
even funnier though...it doesn't look like anyone care what you say...lol
j/k qd, don't cry owned bahhhh ;)

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2005, 04:33 PM
don't cry

Ummm, why would I? Later, QD.

blurred visions
05-02-2005, 04:42 PM
^ i remember those days PI, Xrated, wTn, Allstars... right before ECI came on strong and took over :D

agreed totally. That was when show cars were also driven on the street on a regular basis. To me, PI was my favorite group of cars.

carrascopa
05-02-2005, 07:15 PM
oh well maybe i missunderstood....a while back i went by there to look at some wheels dion had and i thought that's what he had said....both were awesome cars....why is the red and white one never shown anymore?

because mr armani has been in college for the last 3 yrs or so and he is ona full ride up in TN.... he cant come home for the weekends just to show you know! He was coming down for the major shows.. but got sick of that as well

Cliff
05-02-2005, 08:25 PM
hmmmmmm i'd prolly pass that up for a full ride also

Jimmy B
05-02-2005, 08:40 PM
pi sux, xrated rulez!

back in the day.. when PI, an XRated would battle at the shows! yep.. memories.. never be the same again..

4dmin
05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
^ xrated sux biatch ;)

good ole days were fun... we need to get that comradery(sp?) back between the clubs. i think if clubs/teams start to evolve mixing in race/drift/show/sound, vehicles of all sorts then the scene will grow to larger than ever before.

Allstar3.8T
05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I remember things differently....I showed long ago, (started 16+yrs ago), and no one or team has made me stop, actually the opposite.
Team ECI had/has Awesome cars, but they didnt cause people to quit that I am aware of, they actually fueled alot of people which should be commended. They sparked a dying breed, the show car. Way to go Steve and Team ECI!!! IMO....SLAP is what hurt our scene for a time here. An oversaturated schedule and high expense to show. I quit SLAP when they started membership...thats just $$ Hungry. (BTW the three years SLAP was doin local shows, combined w/ a final the winners were all off IA...Me, then Justin Cohen, then John Marsh)

Allstar3.8T
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
BTW, The red/white accord of Joe Pesca was done at YRC, and he doesnt show since he's away in college.

Brett
05-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I remember things differently....I showed long ago, (started 16+yrs ago), and no one or team has made me stop, actually the opposite.
Team ECI had/has Awesome cars, but they didnt cause people to quit that I am aware of, they actually fueled alot of people which should be commended. They sparked a dying breed, the show car. Way to go Steve and Team ECI!!! IMO....SLAP is what hurt our scene for a time here. An oversaturated schedule and high expense to show. I quit SLAP when they started membership...thats just $$ Hungry. (BTW the three years SLAP was doin local shows, combined w/ a final the winners were all off IA...Me, then Justin Cohen, then John Marsh)

Yeah I was a member of SLAP for 2 years and did the Nationals 2 years and SLAP was way over priced and especially the first year they had way to many shows, and those shows you basically bought your trophey, you didnt earn it. Thats what turned me off to SLAP the most.

trythefly
05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
ya the first i home page was like yellow or orange or someshit!!

hahahaha..

i remember the naratives done by PI Prez of every show!

He would be like

I woke up at 7am and got ready to go to godfather show! the weather was a little bit on the cold side.. bla bla bla

HAHA

man those were the good ole days for sure! :(

PIprez
08-04-2005, 07:42 PM
my narratives were the shit!

i miss the old days. i still have the first pages saved on my computer. i agree with greg about slap having a hand in things. i even got sick of seeing the same thing. it was like dejavu every weekend.

PI is still around, just not in the scene as much anymore. maybe we'll all roll in and make a come back some day...

Deaf Pimp
08-04-2005, 07:46 PM
PI drools, Xrated rules... man, those were the days... We'll never have that much fun anymore.

Spyder
08-04-2005, 07:59 PM
lol i remember all that.. good times.

ProjectWidow
08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
man im still a youngin! seems like the car scene changed really big since then. i remeber coming into the scene when cars from PI and xrated were hot, but they quickly went away. i still remeber the UAB craze a lot of people had.

4dmin
08-04-2005, 09:17 PM
my narratives were the shit!

i miss the old days. i still have the first pages saved on my computer. i agree with greg about slap having a hand in things. i even got sick of seeing the same thing. it was like dejavu every weekend.

PI is still around, just not in the scene as much anymore. maybe we'll all roll in and make a come back some day...

PI REUNION shit sounds like a good show for FOX :goodjob:

08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
hell yeah ... i remember those days when jeffs car was fing crazy, back when i was in xrated...shit yeah...and then PI later on, but it was when PI started to have the baby making craze......... the good ole days...

Julio
08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I was telling them!! wrap it up !!!!! hahahahaha

PI REUNION FO SHO!!!

Rican219
08-05-2005, 07:18 AM
BABY CRAZE!! FO SHO I'm a Divorced Daddy now!!
Those were the days like the time we swept the Nopi Nats and I got beat by Bobby's Galant (How?), or My @zz drunk hanging from a tree at the hotel, or Brian Matheson's Drunk @zz Striping down naked and jumping in the pool for $7 and he though we said $70. Julio got NOS on his Hatch so I had to go buy some to, Brian's NOPI nats CHAMPION MIRAGE/COLT? LMAO, Chromies and Big Wings on the back! OLE SCHOOL

PI FOR LIFE LOL

dfire9
08-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Yeah those were the days. BTW I would be down for a PI get together with everyone.The days of wrapping our front ends with saran wrap driving threw the mountains to go to Pigeon Forge.LOL

PI-- RIP

trythefly
08-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Most definitely some of my favorite memories were with the old PI crew. Remember that thug that flashed a gun at me cause shakespeare spilled beer on his "lil bruthaz hede" at the NATS?

Three words....tree, tree, tree! bwaa hahh

I'd be down for a meet with everyone so I can introduce my wife & her 7 yr old to everyone! Maybe we can have a party or something?

Rican219
08-09-2005, 08:17 AM
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THE TREE LMAO That was some FUNNY @zz shiot. Or when we took the Papa Jonhs sign off of the delivery guys car and it traveled from room to room-----> Brought tear to my eye Those were the days

I'm down for a reunion I will have a new apartment in Suwanee if we want something there. Any Ideas Dion?

trythefly
08-09-2005, 08:22 AM
paul just sent out a pm about setting something up

SLOWR/T
08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
hell yeah i remember when..............uhhhhh maybe not :)