PDA

View Full Version : LS engine for sale from 91 TEG B18A1

pitbull325
05-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I just pulled this engine from my buddy's '91 Teg to replace with a B16 on May 3, 2006. He gave it to me for helping him do the swap. I'm selling it cuz I'm broke and I don't need it right now. The engine ran great and very strong, good compression. I think it's worth about $500, hit me up if you need it, or if you think I'm smoking crack!

Block code 2338428

I ran a compression test: cyl 1 and 2 were 180 psi, 3 and 4 were 185 psi

The car had 182,000 miles on it.

This engine is perfect if you blew yours up vs doing an engine swap b/c it doesn't have all the accessories/harness/etc.

What it comes with:
alternator, but it looks like hell, was off the other engine
A/C compressor, don't know if it works, he never had the belt hooked up
clutch and pressure plate, look good
good timing belt
B16 injectors and fuel rail (currently off the engine), he used the B18 injectors for the B16

What it does not come with:
distributor/plug wires
dipstick
power steering pump

It looks like a sensor might have been damaged, I don't know what it is. On the back of the block is three sensors that form an upside down triangle above and to the left of the oil filter. The one in the upper right hand corner looks like it might be damaged.
The valve cover has a broken corner by the timing belt where it doesn't do anything but cover the timing belt. It was caused by an accident over a year ago, no damage to the engine.
It has signs of normal oil leakage for the miles and year, no drips on the ground.

That's all I can think of, lemme know if you have any questions.