View Full Version : Destination: Atlanta

Specsteve
05-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Hello Everybody!

My name is Steve and I currently live in Denver, CO. As of about a week ago I found out I am headed back home to Marietta!

Quick boring history of me: I was born and raised in Marietta till the age of 16. I was forced to relocate with my family due to my father getting a large promotion. While I was in Denver I completed high school, and worked at a shop called 9 Second Racing (www.9secondracing.com) - my older brother is actually co-owner of it. Anyway, naturally working at an import shop I fell in love with imports and bought myself a 2005 Nissan Sentra Se-r Spec V. Thats what I am driving currently, and have her close to fully bolted: AEM Cold air intake, DC sports race header, Tanabe Ultra Medallion Exhaust, Energy suspension motor mount inserts, JWT Balance shaft removal, Nismo short shifter, Nismo graphics kit, Rays G games Wolf77 with Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber, and a few other audio/cosmetic mods.

Anyway, since I am moving I just kind of wanted to get a better idea of what to expect about the area, since it has been over 4 years since I lived out there. I wanted to know how difficult it is in GA to pass emission. Naturally between my header and exhaust I no longer have my CAT, which is probably going to be a problem. Also, I have 20% tint, and I know from one of my spec v forums that the law is 32%. Do you think GSP or local cops will hassle me much? Another question, are there a good amount of performance shops nearby? And if so are any of them good? I heard there actually is a shop somewhere very close to Barrett Pkwy, but my source did not know the name of it...can anyone confirm this?

The area I plan on moving to is going to be close to Barrett Pkwy/Kennesaw. I actually am going to be attending KSU in the fall, so ideally it will be within 10 minutes of KSU.

Really looking forward to the move, as of now, it is set for early July, but could be sooner/later. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys once I move, thanks for any help!

Oh also I apologize for writing such a long first post, I know some forums vets like to flame for that :rolleyes:

Tasuki_Civic
05-05-2006, 04:25 AM
dayum steve thats a lil hard to read at this time....you must really need a friend cause you had alot to say,

wtf are doin up so early to be written all that?

Specsteve
05-05-2006, 04:48 AM
A friend? Dear god no! Between CO and GA, I have plenty!-(plus working in a performance shop gets you a few as well!)

I am an insomniac who just so happens to be an english major, who also cannot stop thinking about this move to Atlanta haha. Keep in mind, its also only 3:45 in Denver due to us being in MTN time, so I dunno if that helps explain the novel wrote above.

I knew I should have probably toned down my original post a bit, but oh well. Sorry if it is too much to read though. I might post again only hitting the highlights haha.

purplehazing
05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
whats good steve well welcome back even if u ain't here yet and shit there is a shop in kennesaw close to the post office in down town kennesaw i think its called knowledge performance well shit good luck on the move and god damn holly long post batman hahahahaha nah just shittinn around but good luck and cobb county ain't no bitch they are assholes for real

A.P. Photography
05-05-2006, 10:04 AM
The shops near by are:
Knowledge Performance about 2 mins from downtown Kennesaw
Batlground in Smyrna off of Atlanta, Rd.

Not to sure who works at Knowledge anymore since it has been forever since I was there but you rarely hear anything of them anymore.

speedminded
05-05-2006, 11:27 AM
dayum steve thats a lil hard to read at this time....you must really need a friend cause you had alot to say,

wtf are doin up so early to be written all that?time zones babe, it was only 2am ;)

dereksi
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
shes not to bright

B16a2 Civic
05-05-2006, 11:36 AM
shes not to bright

word to big bird

Specsteve
05-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!

Haha yeah, it blows me away, some people never seem to understand how timezones works!

What would be some shops in the metro area (I would drive an hour for a great shop!) that people are really raving about, that would work on Nissans?

Thanks again!

£G2♣
05-06-2006, 03:29 AM
welcome

Curbow_USMC
05-06-2006, 11:01 AM
WELCOME

quickdodge®
05-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome to my web-forum. It makes me feel good to see people from around the country signing on and browsing/posting here. Brings the "community" closer. And you're bringing it closer by moving back here. This is the reason I created Import Atlanta. Enjoy your stay. Later, QD.

civic95
05-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Just curious, why are you moving back to ATL? I know its not because of KSU. And Colorado seems like a cool place....

MongolPup
05-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Welcome to my web-forum. It makes me feel good to see people from around the country signing on and browsing/posting here. Brings the "community" closer. And you're bringing it closer by moving back here. This is the reason I created Import Atlanta. Enjoy your stay. Later, QD.

Along those lines, don't forget to send QD your membership fee....PM for more details.

fight club
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
welcome

AtrumArx
05-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Enjoy the forums!

Anthology
05-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Welcome!
About your tint... be careful. You wouldnt think it would be a problem. I got 15% with nat. tint came to like 12%. doesnt look dark at all. I got a ticket 20 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after i got them tinted!!! I wasnt even suppoessed to roll the windows down yet because it was just put on. $68 ticket... lame as hell. so i just cruise with the windows half-way down... its summer so its not bad

Specsteve
05-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Damn! That sucks to hear about the tint! That scares me a little bit...well, I guess if worse comes to worse Ill just fork out the money and bring it up to 32% or whatever. Thats lame either way, and an inconvience. Thanks for the tip though!

Civic95 to answer your question, I am moving back to ATL due to the fact of I was born and raised in Marietta and forcefully taken away at the age of 16, and relocated to Denver. Don't get me wrong. Denver is an awesome city, in fact, it is very safe and very beautiful...and the women...WOW. But, ever since being forced to leave ATL and be in Denver I kind of got this everlasting negative impression of CO due to having to live here when I didnt want too. This unforunately has stayted with me over the years and has made me quite unhappy out here, despite all the cool people I have met, and the beautiful scerenry that surrounds me. Also, I hate cold. Like I said I was born and raised in Marietta, which is typically warm and humid. Denver is dry and cold. No humidity, and some nights -20 degrees. It sucks, and its cold. Also, the climate is unfavorable to performance cars which is my life. Cars typically lose about 30%-40% of their performance due to being 1 mile + in the air (my town is 6000 feet) and the air being so thin. Also, there are a ton of rocks and debris on the road which tear up bodies and windows. Its harsh. Also, I still have an incredible social network in GA despite being gone for 4 years, people I have know my entire life that I would enjoy living near again.

Ya, so I hope that helps. If anybody ever is traveling or wants to travel to CO let me know, Ill tell you the hotspots and best things to do. Dont get me wrong, CO is beautiful, just not for me and not my style. Hope this helps answer the question civic95.

Also, I know someone will probably bitch about how much I write or whatever, I apologize for writing so much, like I stated earlier I am an english major and always seem to have a lot to say.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! :cool:

speedminded
05-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Also, I know someone will probably bitch about how much I write or whatever, I apologize for writing so much, like I stated earlier I am an english major and always seem to have a lot to say. Maybe some people on here can learn something from you. :tongue: