PDA

View Full Version : Misc need advice for refinancing

Flip
05-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Basically i need to refinance my house to get my X-girlfriends name off of the loan. I've owned it for a year so far and i would have needed to re-fi anyway. I don't have a whole lot of money to refinance, i've already gotten a quote for like $4k just to refinance but that is CRAZY out of my range. I always see these commercials that say they can refi for like $300 or so. I could do that but want advice before i move forward. Anyone have experience that can give me advice?

hemi
05-05-2006, 10:30 AM
www.firesideloan.com
This is a buddy of mine's site. Lots of information, and he is very reasonable with the fees.

civic95
05-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Lots of scams out there, try to stick with someone reputable. Most banks will let you add the refi cost back into the loan so it costs you nothing up front.

With that said your better off paying for it upfront instead of financing that additional amount for 30 yrs if you can.

dfire9
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Is your girlfriend willing to sign to take her off loan? If so you can do a quick claim deed to get her off loan. If you do that whomever you are financed threw will have to basically check your credit info and you will have to show that the mortgage has came out of your account for at least 3 months.if so they will then redo the paperwork to get loan only in your name.

kelly marie
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
wow i was in this exact situation 2 1/2 years ago.. thank god i am a paralegal for a closing attorney.. lol but a quit claim deed will take her off title but WILL NOT remove her from the loan.. you will have to refi for her to be completely off everything.. which if you are keeping the home then a quit claim deed will work but like i said she will still be on the loan.. so if you default then it screws up her credit as well.. my ex kept the house because he has a little boy and i just couldnt make him move out.. anywho.. find a broker.. tell them what you are looking for.. i have a few that i work close with if you want that info just pm me.. they should be able to find a new lender that will save you money and get that psycho hoochie off your back.. its never a fun situation and i feel your pain.. my adivce to all.. never buy a house/condo/townhome with someone til you are married... you never know whats going to happen and if you get screwed then you are responible..

dfire9
05-09-2006, 12:44 PM
That is exactly right that is why you have to get the people who the loan is through to redo paperwork to totally get her name off of the home.

kelly marie
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
yep.. and seriously if you need a broker i do have a few people who can help you out!!

4dmin
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
dude try out sponsor http://norstargwinnett.com/ ask for alex

Flip
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
wow i was in this exact situation 2 1/2 years ago.. thank god i am a paralegal for a closing attorney.. lol but a quit claim deed will take her off title but WILL NOT remove her from the loan.. you will have to refi for her to be completely off everything.. which if you are keeping the home then a quit claim deed will work but like i said she will still be on the loan.. so if you default then it screws up her credit as well.. my ex kept the house because he has a little boy and i just couldnt make him move out.. anywho.. find a broker.. tell them what you are looking for.. i have a few that i work close with if you want that info just pm me.. they should be able to find a new lender that will save you money and get that psycho hoochie off your back.. its never a fun situation and i feel your pain.. my adivce to all.. never buy a house/condo/townhome with someone til you are married... you never know whats going to happen and if you get screwed then you are responible..

Thanks a ton for the advice. I'm PMing you. You are so right about not buying a house or anything with someone until you are married. There is a slight possibility I would live with another girl but will NEVER buy a house with another one until we're married and all... It was just me being hopefull and stupid :P. Oh well!

kelly marie
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks a ton for the advice. I'm PMing you. You are so right about not buying a house or anything with someone until you are married. There is a slight possibility I would live with another girl but will NEVER buy a house with another one until we're married and all... It was just me being hopefull and stupid :P. Oh well!lol i understand.. you live.. you learn.. its happens to the best of us!!

what doesnt kill us makes us STRONGER!!! (and smarter)

replied!!