PDA

View Full Version : I tried

tattoodlude
05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
well I was on my way to the varsity and off 85 coming up in front of the hospital the car shut off....

timing belt.
didn't break
didn't frey
just split and ended up failing

I noticed the car not having much power so I pulled over and as I did it shut down like it had no fuel...

we don't think that it did and damage to the motor..

oh and thanks to all of the people from IA that drove by me and didn't even try to ask if I needed help....

but one guy did help and thanks so much for you help and you have a nice ass mr2

Devin

Hulud
05-05-2006, 12:55 AM
dude i woulda stopped if i was goin down 85

i was lookin forward to meeting you

Fake QD®
05-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Im just trying to get my fake screen names post count up. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
honestly, a select few will stop for strangers.
and how do you know IA members were driving past you?
not only IA ppl go to the varsity

AE86 Dorifto
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Never saw you. We were driving too fast.

tattoodlude
05-05-2006, 08:30 PM
motor is ok

belt is on

it was something really stupid

cracked timing belt cover...

shreded the belt into a rubber powder
but thankfully it didn't effect the motor!!!!!!!

we will have a lude meet soon
I am working on the idea now
I am thinking that we do it somewhere about halfway for everyone...

TeeJay
05-05-2006, 08:34 PM
how in the hell does your timing belt break but the motor is ok?? are you sure its ok? you might have some bent valves at the very least.

ProjectWidow
05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear that man but glad you got it fixed! Tommy called me and told me about it so I was going to stop by, but I was driving a buddy and he had to go home. Sorry again.

2.2L
05-05-2006, 08:48 PM
my lude broke down at the gwinnett meet before we all did a parade down to the v. had it towed to my friends place and they changed the distributor but it went bad the same day so im like wtf. im so pissed right now at them because its my third time this week going to them.

v3rd1g0
05-05-2006, 08:49 PM
i was on 85 i didn't even see you...

gtikid
05-05-2006, 08:57 PM
how in the hell does your timing belt break but the motor is ok?? are you sure its ok? you might have some bent valves at the very least.

I did it before in my eclipse too. timing belt broke and car was fine. no bent valves nothing

brittoknee
05-06-2006, 10:21 PM
hehehe... so close yet so so far! thanks for ruining my night dev!!!! j/k.... I had fun sitting with you guys for hours waiting for the towtruck guy! only cuz I got to chill in ncturnal's mr2... hehe! getting home at 3 am wasn't so hot though! and you owe me a timing belt sucka! glad the 4th gen is ok though..... I should be up at tommy's in the next couple days.. so see ya then!

CHADbee
05-07-2006, 01:26 AM
i really tried to find someone with triple A for ya man...but ain't nobody got that shit. good to hear everything's allright with the motor though...at least u had some good luck there.

tattoodlude
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I know you guys all busted your ass.. thanks some much for that..

I will be there next time though....

just wait the lude will look hella different..

the black one just left
the blue one will be back in action soon......
so yeah it will look diff...