PDA

View Full Version : FC RX7 with a LS1...:)

mike's02ls1
05-04-2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.wrongmotor.com/gallery/been_drivin/images/DSCN0218_JPG.jpg
A beautiful RX7 with a LS1

Bishop
05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
and there's a car pic forum for a reason lol...

iloveboost
05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Love the radiator tab.

I bet that thing flies!

mike's02ls1
05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
my bad can someone move it?

BABY J
05-04-2006, 07:21 AM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106323

mike's02ls1
05-04-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106323Thanks, I've seen that one.. I so want to do a FC LS1 swap,it would be nasty.. Quicker than my Z28..

Sammich
05-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks, I've seen that one.. I so want to do a FC LS1 swap,it would be nasty.. Quicker than my Z28..

yea i have a friend that has one of those w/ automagic lol...fast beyond belief. and his father is doing a LS1 swap in a miata..two beast in the same family, go figure

mike's02ls1
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
yea i have a friend that has one of those w/ automagic lol...fast beyond belief. and his father is doing a LS1 swap in a miata..two beast in the same family, go figure
Does this friend live in Georgia? I'd like to see it in person if that isn't a problem..

Sammich
05-04-2006, 09:53 AM
naw im in SC, their like 10 mins from where i live. he doesnt go to too many shows either, but if he does, ill let you know. but i think the son w/ the rx-7 has either 150shot or 200shot of ntirous on it too...NASTY. i havent ridden in it w/ the bottle but the raw power is unbelievable. i think he's in the 11s/12s, 10s with the nitro i believe

on 3
05-04-2006, 10:12 AM
yea thats brain hinson hinsonsupercars.com thats one of my friends from back home (alabama) he has a bad ass vette too stroked and turbo was charged and built a couple of rx7's with the ls1 and turbo

mike's02ls1
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
yea thats brain hinson hinsonsupercars.com thats one of my friends from back home (alabama) he has a bad ass vette too stroked and turbo was charged and built a couple of rx7's with the ls1 and turbo
Yeah I've been on that site, very good info and products..

jbrotor
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
MAZCARE has done a few LS1 swaps.

Doppelgänger
09-11-2006, 11:23 AM
So where are the rest of the pics?? Those nasty plastic covers need to come off too

WhiteAccord
09-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks like a clean swap

Outphase
09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
.................................................. ...

I despise it. Where's the Cosmo?

ChainSaw
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
This is the gayest redneck piece of useless front heavy shit I've ever seen. Whoever did this swap should be shot and then hung, then shot again, then buried in a shallow grave where dogs can dig him up and gnaw at his rotten carcass.

HiPSI
09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
This is the gayest redneck piece of useless front heavy shit I've ever seen. Whoever did this swap should be shot and then hung, then shot again, then buried in a shallow grave where dogs can dig him up and gnaw at his rotten carcass.

you don't know a fucking thing about the swap obviously. do some research about the weight distribution before you spout off about shit.

ChainSaw
09-11-2006, 05:05 PM
oh no, harsh words. I guess I better take back everything I just said before I regret it!!

HiPSI
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
oh no, harsh words. I guess I better take back everything I just said before I regret it!!

every time a rotary blows up, an angel gets it's wings.

ChainSaw
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah, so I guess the classy thing to do is drop a corvette motor into it... you know... instead of actually buying a corvette. Makes sense, I'm glad you could clear that up for me.

HiPSI
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
yeah, so I guess the classy thing to do is drop a corvette motor into it... you know... instead of actually buying a corvette. Makes sense, I'm glad you could clear that up for me.

what's wrong with mating a good motor with a good chassis? do tell, please.

Outphase
09-11-2006, 06:41 PM
omg 50/50 weight distro omg... shutup. Anyone who puts a piston engine into a Mazda rotary should slash their wrists.

Doppelgänger
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Wow.... i bet you also drive a POS Ford Pinto with every Pep Boyz bolt on too....all while dreaming that you are one day going to own a 3rd gen RX-7 that will make 500hp and never give you one problem. :gay: :gay:

We hope you are that person who we hang and shoot and hang again..and your own dogs eat you then lick your moms face.

Yes, i used to own a 91 RX-7, yes, i am a rotorhead, yes i would do the swap ifi still had my 7, yes i know quite a bit about wankel engines..hell, i even worked for Jim Downing and Rick Engman. Dont come in here and run your mouth like you are THE RX-7 specalist and can tell everyone in the world that a V8 swapped FC is a bigger POS then you and your moms trailer combined.

FoolsDrifFWD
09-11-2006, 08:51 PM
omg 50/50 weight distro omg... shutup. Anyone who puts a piston engine into a Mazda rotary should slash their wrists.

Man they hade a article in Sport Compact car comparing the LS1 to the 13B and it turned out that the LS1 has better gas mileage, only 70lbs heavier than the 13B, and you can extract a lot of power out of the LS1 with only simple modifications. Don’t get me wrong I love the way Rotary’s sound but that LS1 is not a bad motor at all.

Outphase
09-11-2006, 09:39 PM
You defeat the purpose of the RX-7/8 by putting a piston engine in there.... don't tell me you would rather have an LS1 vs. a Rotary....it's a natural race build.

If it's good, how come they haven't done it in the Formula D RX7's? :)

Or maybe I'm too ignorant to realize that people love the LS1 more than life. It's a good engine, but I wouldn't put it in the RX-7...

Outphase
09-11-2006, 09:39 PM
and I swear if someone talks about apex seals I will slap you silly...you act like no other car build breaks down if it's a performance build.

Doppelgänger
09-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I have to say, i appreciate a V8 swap in a RX-chassis if the owner actually understands the idea or rotary and jsut wants to do something a little different. But to someone who just has the mindset that rotarys are shitty and slaps a V8 in it, those are people who are dumb. Like Mazcare for example, they work on MANY RX-7's, but he has a LS1'ed car...for fun. Its the people who swap the engine and dog the rotary who pis me off.

FoolsDrifFWD
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
"If it's good, how come they haven't done it in the Formula D RX7's?"

At that the last Formula D in Atlanta there was a FC and a S13 with the LS1 swap. But I get what you mean when you say stay true the RX-7. I know if I had one I would keep the 13B but that’s just me. Other have decided to do 2J's. I think it’s good to change it up a little.

HiPSI
09-11-2006, 11:42 PM
You defeat the purpose of the RX-7/8 by putting a piston engine in there.... don't tell me you would rather have an LS1 vs. a Rotary....it's a natural race build.

If it's good, how come they haven't done it in the Formula D RX7's? :)

Or maybe I'm too ignorant to realize that people love the LS1 more than life. It's a good engine, but I wouldn't put it in the RX-7...

he's not one of the seated drivers, but he is part of the falken team.
http://www.lukelonberger.com/media/falken/falken-drift-session-20060227042951737.jpg
as stated before, there was the orange FC at formula D 06 that was also an LS1 car.

and please tell me what the "purpose" is of an RX7 that sets is apart from every other cheap japanese sports car out there. it's purpose is to be a mildly sporty yet relatively inexpensive car.

you can like whatever you want, but the fact remains that it's a good swap for the car. lots of power in stock trim, very little extra weight (most of it is in the T56 transmission which places the extra weight low and to the rear in the car), and a very dependable and easily repairable/upgradeable powerplant in a nimble chassis. the LS1 swapped FC/FD chassis is an excellent platform for doing pretty much every kind of racing imagineable.

ChainSaw
09-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Wow.... i bet you also drive a POS Ford Pinto with every Pep Boyz bolt on too....all while dreaming that you are one day going to own a 3rd gen RX-7 that will make 500hp and never give you one problem. :gay: :gay:

We hope you are that person who we hang and shoot and hang again..and your own dogs eat you then lick your moms face.

Yes, i used to own a 91 RX-7, yes, i am a rotorhead, yes i would do the swap ifi still had my 7, yes i know quite a bit about wankel engines..hell, i even worked for Jim Downing and Rick Engman. Dont come in here and run your mouth like you are THE RX-7 specalist and can tell everyone in the world that a V8 swapped FC is a bigger POS then you and your moms trailer combined.

no, I drive a honda. I won't elaborate because I would run the risk of a bunch of ricers (like on this forum) saying I have a cool car.

ChainSaw
09-12-2006, 04:43 AM
what's wrong with mating a good motor with a good chassis? do tell, please.

raping a corvette and an rx7 at the same time.

ChainSaw
09-12-2006, 04:54 AM
no, I drive a honda. I won't elaborate because I would run the risk of a bunch of ricers (like on this forum) saying I have a cool car.

of course, I haven't dropped a corvette motor in it, so I should have to worry about anyone on here liking it.

David88vert
09-12-2006, 06:46 AM
To each his own. I have no desire to drop a LS1 in my FD - I have no trouble keeping a rotary running fine. Mine has 160k on it and is a daily driver.
However, my 40k miles Mustang has left me stranded twice. You should have seen the faces of the guys when I told them that I needed a reliable engine in my car, so I was planning to put my extra 13B-RE in there.....

Outphase
09-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Honestly the way I see it, if you swap it with a non-rotary, you are taking the easy way out, you can justify it all you want, but you know it's because you don't know shit about rotaries, unless like Miata guy says.... MazCare guys doing it for shits and giggles, not for the sake of actually doing it because it's the 'better' choice.

ChainSaw
09-12-2006, 07:44 AM
To each his own. I have no desire to drop a LS1 in my FD - I have no trouble keeping a rotary running fine. Mine has 160k on it and is a daily driver.
However, my 40k miles Mustang has left me stranded twice. You should have seen the faces of the guys when I told them that I needed a reliable engine in my car, so I was planning to put my extra 13B-RE in there.....

well you apparently have good taste. :goodjob:

man
09-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Both motors have their advantages and disadvantages. I personally love the ls1 swap but I also love the rotary.

Outphase
09-12-2006, 07:59 AM
It's just different maintenance, most people who do not know, discriminate and do not even bother learning.... ROTARY IS RELIABLE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF IT. Most people don't know how to take care of it so their instant-reaction is... ew rotary ew not reliable...because they're talking about cars that have been pushed to their limit or talking about race builds... It's like piston-driven engine problems go without saying.

HiPSI
09-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Honestly the way I see it, if you swap it with a non-rotary, you are taking the easy way out, you can justify it all you want, but you know it's because you don't know shit about rotaries, unless like Miata guy says.... MazCare guys doing it for shits and giggles, not for the sake of actually doing it because it's the 'better' choice.

lol, alrighty then. you go spoon with a rotary engine tonight and keep telling yourself that it's superior.

dropping an LS1 into another chassis isn't the "easy" way to do anything btw. it just works, even though you won't openly admit it. i never said that rotaries weren't good for something, i hear blown rotors make great paperweights :).

Repost Squintz
09-12-2006, 09:29 AM
doood, that car is wasian. Sweet......
wasian=white and asian..