PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP...

ALVIN
05-03-2006, 01:57 PM
As the title states I really need help with my computer. I dont know what happened last night when i was downloading a DVD ripper and somehow i got all these spyware, adware, trojans out of nowhere. I restore my comp to the previous day but I am still getting popups and things of the such. I ran a antispyware program but its not picking anything up. I also have something called webHancer in my program files that I cannot delete cuz its .dll file is being used. I restored the comp in safe mode.

~The_Duke~
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Adware, spybot search & destroy, and norton should do the trick...Un-plug your internet to work on it...that should slow down the pop ups and what not.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=29562 that should help to.

ALVIN
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM
well i just got spybot s&d but i am still getting popups, popunders, all that shit...i hate this damn comp it aint even a year old lol

~The_Duke~
05-03-2006, 04:48 PM
hmmm what kind of stuff on there do you need to keep lol...i'll format it fot ya lol :D

£G2♣
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
well i just got spybot s&d but i am still getting popups, popunders, all that shit...i hate this damn comp it aint even a year old lol

i got the XP reboot disk...LMK

~The_Duke~
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Is it is full blown copy of XP?

lilMOMMY
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I have a friend that can do the whole reformatting the hard drive, deleting the partition, and making a new one. I wanted to see if there was anything I could do without getting my laptop redone. I system recovered to a day before it happened. I guess I can system recover again to a month before.

PS: this is sloRSX

~The_Duke~
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Well if you go in and look at the processes that are causing all of the pop ups and what not you can track them down and get rid of them...plus you would need to make sure that no one was connecting remotely to your machine using the trojins...then you would need to run all the anti virus and anti spyware program just to be sure they are gone....

£G2♣
05-03-2006, 09:52 PM
well i got the whole reboot XP disk, deletes every thing......just liek a brand new computer :) LMK

v3rd1g0
05-04-2006, 01:37 AM
run everything in safemode. like run all the scans in safe mode.

btw this should be in technology sectiong. where all the tech heads like me hang out XD

Fake QD®
05-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Dont know shit about computers. Good luck though. Later, QD.