View Full Version : Electrical question

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok this is about to be a retarded diagram but here it goes

Wire from switch wire to fan
------------- -------------

l l
l_______________

Okay. now how do i get the wire from the switch connected to the battery to get pwer, then from the battery to the fan with the switch still being able to turn the fans on and off? cuz i tried but the fans will stay on all the time whether the switch was on or off.

stupid thing moved al my text back together.

B16a2 Civic
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
um, im just gon + your reps
~leaves confused~

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 12:32 PM
ahahahaha that works too

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
u talkin bout the water temp sensor switch thing right?
I had the same problem in my accord... lol i just wired it straight to the fusebox, so whenever the car is on the fan is on LOL, ghetto rigged 4 lyfe :)

hassle saved

threehundred
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
If you use a tiny little switch, and large gauge wire, the power going into the switch will defeat the switch. That's probably the reason the fan stayed on, or you had it wired wrong. In theory, the order is battery - switch - fan.

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
If you use a tiny little switch, and large gauge wire, the power going into the switch will defeat the switch. That's probably the reason the fan stayed on, or you had it wired wrong. In theory, the order is battery - switch - fan.
nah i dont think hes talking about a switch like that... i think he's talking about the auto switch, the temperature switch..
mini sparkplug lookin thing

threehundred
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh okay. Maybe its damaged? I had an air pressure switch that was supposed to switch off power when it hit a certain pressure. It was damaged and did the same type of thing (compressor ran all the time). I defeated it with a manual switch (same concept as what you used, RandomGuy, with the fuse box rigging).

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
i think threehundred is close. hasanu way off lolz

this is what i got. i got a switch to turn my electric fans on. but the switch gets no power since its not connected to the battery. but when i connect tit to the battery for power, the fans come on anyway without turning on the switch.

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
i think threehundred is close. hasanu way off lolz

this is what i got. i got a switch to turn my electric fans on. but the switch gets no power since its not connected to the battery. but when i connect tit to the battery for power, the fans come on anyway without turning on the switch.
so let me get this straight... lol u have a manual switch to turn on ur electric fan... LOL WTF?!

so when u sense it getting warm u flip itLOLOL, dude it only takes 1 time to get lazy and kwabam! ;) BHG

if ur gonna ghetto rig it, ghetto rig it like i did, straight to fusebox ;)

anyways lol ur car aint ever comin up any time soon wo why u sweatin it... it better be at the V

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
so let me get this straight... lol u have a manual switch to turn on ur electric fan... LOL WTF?!

so when u sense it getting warm u flip itLOLOL, dude it only takes 1 time to get lazy and kwabam! ;) BHG

if ur gonna ghetto rig it, ghetto rig it like i did, straight to fusebox ;)

anyways lol ur car aint ever comin up any time soon wo why u sweatin it... it better be at the V
i turn my fans on as soon as i turn the car on. they are never just sitting off. i have the switch so after i turn off the car, the fans dont stay on. duh hasan

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 02:30 PM
i turn my fans on as soon as i turn the car on. they are never just sitting off. i have the switch so after i turn off the car, the fans dont stay on. duh hasan
hey smart guy... why dont u do what we said ..dumbass lol.. put it in ur FUSEBOX under switched current or wahtever..

whenever u turn the car off the "on position" the radiator fan = "off"

hence 'ghetto rig"
does the same thing that this so called switch does, but automatically

let me break it down once again:
Key in ON position= fan on
Key in OFF position = fan off
No key in slot = Fan off
Key in Anus = fan off

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
hey smart guy... why dont u do what we said ..dumbass lol.. put it in ur FUSEBOX under switched current or wahtever..

whenever u turn the car off the "on position" the radiator fan = "off"

hence 'ghetto rig"
does the same thing that this so called switch does, but automatically

let me break it down once again:
Key in ON position= fan on
Key in OFF position = fan off
No key in slot = Fan off
Key in Anus = fan off
ahahahahaha

Tasuki_Civic
05-03-2006, 02:35 PM
BRANDON IMMA WHOOP YO BLACK ASS IF YOU DONT TALK TO ME!!!

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
???? i've been busy. after i get this car back running we'll talk

Tasuki_Civic
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
you suck...big time. and i mean it.

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:43 PM
if i suck you swallow

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 02:43 PM
if i suck you swallow
damn that must mean she swallows... hell naw!!! [/instigate

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
with taht said i am gonna log off and go finish my stupid car lol

Tasuki_Civic
05-03-2006, 02:50 PM
yea u should cause you need to see about me

chrisdavis
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I think you may have a bad switch. Take the wire and tie it into the the fuse that goes to the windshield wipers and if the fan turns on and off with the ignition then the switch is the problem.

PSINXS
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
got the fans working. somehow its blowing up the fuse between the switch after about 3 minutes. car still overheating without the fans after about 3 minutes. fuck this car.

RandomGuy
05-03-2006, 05:35 PM
got the fans working. somehow its blowing up the fuse between the switch after about 3 minutes. car still overheating without the fans after about 3 minutes. fuck this car.
this is why i said CLUTCH TYPE FAN FTW blahahahahhahahaha ;)

chrisdavis
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Your switch is either undersized (fans are drawing too much amperage) or there is something in the fan (fan draggin on something or fan motor starting to give out) causing it to draw more amps than normal and the switch is blowing.