PDA

View Full Version : Rev-hard test pipe. NEED KNOWLDGEABLE HELP!!

EP3sAreFun
05-02-2006, 04:58 PM
so ive got a 2002 Civic Si, EP3

So i ordered this from rev-hard and aftr 2 weeks it arrives, quickly jack my car up and well irs 5 years old, shit is rusted and bolts dont move so after 3 hours and a few different broken crappy wrenches, i get my cat off. Only to discover that it is a completely different length than the Rev-hard pipe.

heres my test pipe vs. my cat.... you can CLEARLY see the test pipe is like 4-5 inches longer

the one i recieved is even different than the one thats pictured on their site!!!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6312/picture2605jr.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1742/sitestpipe1ox.jpg

isnt the RSX catback shorter than mine, which would give the need for a longer test pipe? I think their test car has a RSX cat-back maybe?.

I dont see why you HAVE to have the rev-hard down pipe due to the fact that it says...
This test pipe replaces the restrictive stock catalytic converter. Opens up the exhaust to be more free flowing. Great for turbo and all motor applications.

the reason i dropped this kind of money on a test pipe was that i wanted it to FIT and have a garuntee it would fit along with the quality of buying from a company like rev-hard

I'm out of ideas here, and i'm waiting to hear from someone at Rev-hard to see about a refund. But i have a feeling i'm gong to have to call back some more. Keep in mind, i was guarunteed fitment on my car. so any help or ideas would be great.

would love to hear from like, vteckid and some of you other guys with loads of Honda knowledge. Rev-Hard is being gay about getting back with me.

Bishop
05-02-2006, 05:17 PM
keep calling, sending e-mails and they should get back to you...I have never dealt with them, but from my experience, if you keep bothering them, they will want to resolve it a quickly as possible.

EP3sAreFun
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
keep calling, sending e-mails and they should get back to you...I have never dealt with them, but from my experience, if you keep bothering them, they will want to resolve it a quickly as possible.
yeah. i'm on hold for the MGR right now.

EP3sAreFun
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
bah, it turns out it the goober i talked to the other day was the MGR, so i'm still waiting on a call.

scttydb411
05-02-2006, 06:02 PM
if you can just send it back and get your $$ back then go to mainstream and have charles make you one.

EP3sAreFun
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
if you can just send it back and get your $$ back then go to mainstream and have charles make you one.
yeah most likely i'll do something like that.

EP3sAreFun
05-05-2006, 10:39 AM
bump, anymore input?

IntegraXTR
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
well if you really want to keep it and make it work check out exhaust wizard on hwy.29 lawrenceville hwy, he can do it for $60 or so. And I'm not talking about welding it together, he'll shortin it and weld the flange back on so you can bolt it right up. He did my whole apexi catback and a new cat converter for $65. So yours should be less than that if you want it to work.

EP3sAreFun
05-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I might. I still haven't got a call

Maki
05-17-2006, 09:47 AM
did they send you the wrong part or did they just make it wrong for your car?

99SI
05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
I would definately say if you can send it back and get a refund Mainstream can hook you up with a really nice piece that will fit perfectly. I don't know how much you paid for that but I'm sure that Mainstream would be similar in price or less depending on what you want. Keep in mind that most systems benefit from a longer test pipe as it helps in scavenging from the collector. Hytech will tell you to run an 18-24" test pipe with their headers as that is where they will make the most power. It may be best to modify the exhaust a bit to fit the test pipe, in which case, I would definately reccomend Mainstream for excellent quality and price.

EP3sAreFun
05-17-2006, 05:35 PM
did they send you the wrong part or did they just make it wrong for your car?
it looks like they made it wrong.

and heres some messed up shit. i got a UPS notification thing on my door today... i call UPS and it looks liek Rev-hard was trying to ship me something else! lol i was still waiting to hear from someone on whats going on and was definaetly not expecting another package... i have no clue what this is... i'll find out tomorrow

and apparently its illegal for any shop to have anything to do with aiding the removal of a cat. i got that crap all day long when i made a whole bunch of calls.

Bishop
05-17-2006, 06:33 PM
accept the package man. The probably realized they shipped you the wrong one and probably sent you the right one with a packing slip so you can return the wrong one for free.

EP3sAreFun
05-17-2006, 06:41 PM
accept the package man. The probably realized they shipped you the wrong one and probably sent you the right one with a packing slip so you can return the wrong one for free.
yeah i just wasnt home today to recieve it, i'm going to Doravile tomorrow morning to get it