PDA

View Full Version : oh yeah.. forgot Mach1 vs 350z

Speedm0(\)key
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
just posting it cause im bored, ran from a 50.. he was supposed to honk but took off with no warning and i played chase.. almost regretted it. i should have let off and waited for a fair race.. but pulled it back @ around 110 and put a car on him around 130mph (lost some ground due to fucked tranny slippage around 120-130)

2nd race. he goes.. again no warning.. i go for a half second and let off.. not again.. people need to know how the fuck to run.. seriously.

the end.

fight club
05-02-2006, 04:06 PM
haha i remember this kid. interesting fellow.

Speedm0(\)key
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
haha i remember this kid. interesting fellow.

yeah didnt talk to him much. but i didnt want to waste my time nor did i want to put up with what he might have said after the race... he might have been cool.. but again.. from the way he raced.. i doubt it.

fight club
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
i just remember that they were looking for a race and then ended up having to be coeerced

lightspeed
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Whats the use of that rediculous "shaker" hoodscoop on that POS Mach 1 anyway.

IndianStig
05-02-2006, 04:51 PM
red or yellow??

GGPIS3
05-02-2006, 05:09 PM
yeah.... i heard they were looking to race... i was approached by someone as soon as i got there and they were like.. u wanna run? i assumed he was talking about his bike, but he said no, and laughed hahah :( not that i would have had a chance in the world... well maybe if he had arthritis... hahaa

then he told me that a mach1 wanted to run me.... so i asked him for how much? he didn't come back. so after about 30 minutes i went back up to him and asked what the deal was... he said the driver didn't want to run any more... booo hooo. but after about another 30 minutes the mustang driver said he will run will's 350z... i tagged along just for the fun of it... dont know what he was thinking to have wanted a piece of me after losing to an almost stock 350... HAHAHHAHHHAA

GGPIS3
05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
oh and then this guy goes and does 2 burnouts as he's leaving.... real smart there buddy! :cool:

rolling_trip
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
and where is the video? i know, one of the twenty people following got it on tape

benwaballs
05-02-2006, 05:13 PM
will why you picking on the slow mach1?

GGPIS3
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM
naw.. no vid.. i recall will saying, "i dont want to waste tape on a mach1." lol,, those were his exact words.. hahahahahahahaa i thought it was kinda harsh... but then again, i aint will...

JCSVT
05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Whats the use of that rediculous "shaker" hoodscoop on that POS Mach 1 anyway.

To force air into the intake. It really only works at higher speeds and is then canceled out by the Mustang's aerodynamics. It is not a POS in any way however.

lightspeed
05-02-2006, 05:56 PM
will why you picking on the slow mach1?
Doesnt the mach 1 have the 305 HP 96-98 4.6 cobra mill? I dont think a 280 HP car racing a 305 hp car is "picking" on it LOL Probably similar weight also.

lightspeed
05-02-2006, 06:05 PM
To force air into the intake. It really only works at higher speeds and is then canceled out by the Mustang's aerodynamics. It is not a POS in any way however.
I can understand the benefit of ram-air, but why a "shaker?" Do you really need to see your hood scoop shake and rattle when you rev the engine? Are we in the 60's again?
I think its a retro-poser personally, but thats just my opinion. I think if youre going to spend $30,000 on a mustang, you might as well "pony" up the additional green for a cobra.

1civic
05-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I can understand the benefit of ram-air, but why a "shaker?" Do you really need to see your hood scoop shake and rattle when you rev the engine? Are we in the 60's again?
I think its a retro-poser personally, but thats just my opinion. I think if youre going to spend $30,000 on a mustang, you might as well "pony" up the additional green for a cobra.

Something about them hood scoops.... :confused: ...Ram Air makes sense but not the shaking shit...Also for the money I would just ugrade to the Cobra much better car for the money...Thats My :2cents: ..

Also Will should you be driving like that ? Just a thought for you.... :lmfao: J/k

4DRGSR
05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
well actually the mach one is pretty damn fast....and the scoop is functional...stock auto cars runs high 13's....and i hve seen manual cars run high 12's on nothing more than drag radials.......so they are not slow and they are not going to lose to a stock 350zx...but a moded car is a different story.....my roomate had one last year and only took it to the track [email protected] the first run ever......so they are not that slow....

BigPoppaHurtm
05-02-2006, 10:23 PM
^^^LOL at your sig.

Speedm0(\)key
05-03-2006, 12:25 AM
well actually the mach one is pretty damn fast....and the scoop is functional...stock auto cars runs high 13's....and i hve seen manual cars run high 12's on nothing more than drag radials.......so they are not slow and they are not going to lose to a stock 350zx...but a moded car is a different story.....my roomate had one last year and only took it to the track [email protected] the first run ever......so they are not that slow....

from a dig the mach1 or any mustang (lol.. of course.. not 6cyl ones) will have an advantage over a 350z.. thats a hands down obvious fact.

i myself have never ran 13's in my 350z.. i have excuses.. but fuck excuses.. in the end of the day you ran what you ran no matter what happened. however if you want to know my excuses ill explain :D .

best time @ SDR was 14.2 @ 103.9mph with a 2.3 60'
my only mods are intake and exhaust. beleive it or not.. there are plenty of stock 350z's running 13.6's usually trapping 102-103mph. had i been stock.. the result would have been the same on that run againts that mustang mach1, i pulled him decently uptop.

far superior aerodynamics, far superior top end gearing, and superior top end powerband characteristics makes it a no brainer

PS: unless you are playing around with a/f and timing.. you will be lucky to see anything more than a few whp from a intake exhaust combo.. read about the 350z/G35 and you'll see its no bullshit. may i add i did run this car witha fucked up tranny.. i pulled on limp mode.. would have pulled harder if not

Thrust
05-03-2006, 01:52 AM
That mach 1 driver must really suck at life to let a near stock 350z run him down and beat him.

Spin2nd
05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Doesnt the mach 1 have the 305 HP 96-98 4.6 cobra mill? I dont think a 280 HP car racing a 305 hp car is "picking" on it LOL Probably similar weight also.

They are pretty much a 99-01 cobra w/a solid axel and cosmetic mods. The motor is essentially the 99-01 cobra mill with the updated 03 heads and a different set of cams. Thus is the reason the motor makes a little less peak hp but has a much fatter powerband than my car does -- puts more the the ground too b/c of the solid axel.

Speedm0(\)key
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
That mach 1 driver must really suck at life to let a near stock 350z run him down and beat him.

no. what happens here is people sleep on the 350z on the highway find me another stock Mach 1 and i will prove my point