PDA

View Full Version : Misc Topics of Religons

{X}Echo419
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
So I counted just the 1st page(cause I'm lazy like) and broke them up in to groups. The topics were classified based on the main religon of thread by the author. out of 45 total this is how it broke down
Christianity:26
Judaism:2
Islam:4
Atheists(because That's a relgion?):1
nonspecifc: ie. th mythbusters thread:12

I wonder why it's spread like this? why don't we have threads like; 20 reasons to abandon Athesim? I have my theroies. what are your's?

Romeyo07
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
its the most "controversial" I would guess

Hulud
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
So I counted just the 1st page(cause I'm lazy like) and broke them up in to groups. The topics were classified based on the main religon of thread by the author. out of 45 total this is how it broke down
Christianity:26
Judaism:2
Islam:4
Atheists(because That's a relgion?):1
nonspecifc: ie. th mythbusters thread:12

I wonder why it's spread like this? why don't we have threads like; 20 reasons to abandon Athesim? I have my theroies. what are your's?
you are obviously offended for some reason or else you wouldnt keep bringing this up ;)

but as romeyo said it is the most controversial

and also there have obviously been more questions towards the christians that people want answered/discuss

David88vert
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Because non-believers always persecute believers ...

(runs and put flamesuit one...)

sorry, just had to start some more sh1t......:-)

Hulud
05-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Because non-believers always persecute believers ...

(runs and put flamesuit one...)

sorry, just had to start some more sh1t......:-)
do some research, open a history book, you might be surprised with how wrong that statement has been throughout history

Hulud
05-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Hitler, the Crusades, the list goes on

David88vert
05-03-2006, 06:21 AM
do some research, open a history book, you might be surprised with how wrong that statement has been throughout history

I said it kind of sarcastically. Doesn't come through well on the web.....

People are people, adn people are generally evil. ANYONE of any religion can/will/shall do bad things throughout the course of history.

That in and of itself does not make the belief wrong, just the corruption and execution of it.

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 06:54 AM
you are obviously offended for some reason or else you wouldnt keep bringing this up ;)

but as romeyo said it is the most controversial

and also there have obviously been more questions towards the christians that people want answered/discuss

no I'm not. I've just been seeing people say that's BS and I wanted to prove them wrong.

Hulud
05-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I said it kind of sarcastically. Doesn't come through well on the web......
ok gotcha

Hulud
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
no I'm not. I've just been seeing people say that's BS and I wanted to prove them wrong.
who said that there were not more topics about christianity? :confused:

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
who said that there were not more topics about christianity? :confused:

it's been said. I'm not going through ALL these threads to find it either.

Hulud
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
it's been said. I'm not going through ALL these threads to find it either.
i find it funny you talk all this but you have nothing to back it up :eye:

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 09:42 AM
i find it funny you talk all this but you have nothing to back it up :eye:
how did I know you would say that?
it's so easy to say. well why don't you just look through the 5 million posts and find it?

Hulud
05-03-2006, 09:46 AM
how did I know you would say that?
because you have no proof

it's so easy to say. well why don't you just look through the 5 million posts and find it?
because im not gonna look through 5 million posts when i believe no one said it :eye:

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 09:59 AM
because you have no proof

because im not gonna look through 5 million posts when i believe no one said it :eye:

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=55132&page=1

here you go. pick a post and tell me people on the form don't spend half their pathetic lives "coming after" Christians.
Compare Hitler to "all" christians. but when some says something about these Islamic Fundementalist say, "Not all Muslims are like that" well no shit Sherlock neither are all the christians.

I can't make you pull your head out of the sand. I can't make you see the obvious. So if you don't see it and chose to ignore it o-well and have a jolly damn day.

metalman
05-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Hitler wasn't a Christian in action or practice. I'd say he wasn't one in belief either.
Christianity is not found by simply attending a church or entering a building. ;)

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Hitler wasn't a Christian in action or practice. I'd say he wasn't one in belief either.
Christianity is not found by simply attending a church or entering a building. ;)
be careful. their heads might colapse on themselves. +1

Hulud
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=55132&page=1

here you go. pick a post and tell me people on the form don't spend half their pathetic lives "coming after" Christians.
Compare Hitler to "all" christians. but when some says something about these Islamic Fundementalist say, "Not all Muslims are like that" well no shit Sherlock neither are all the christians.

I can't make you pull your head out of the sand. I can't make you see the obvious. So if you don't see it and chose to ignore it o-well and have a jolly damn day.
ok your first post in this thread states that people are saying there are equal amount of threads about all religions, no one has said that

we all know that the majority is about christianity

Hulud
05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
he considered himself a christian, he believed in jesus and all that

heres a quote from Mein Kampf
"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."

heres a quote from a speech of his
"We demand liberty for all religious denominations in the State, so far as they are not a danger to it and do not militate against the morality and moral sense of the German race. The Party, as such, stands for positive Christianity, but does not bind itself in the matter of creed to any particular confession. It combats the Jewish-materialist spirit within and without us, and is convinced that our nation can achieve permanent health from within only on the principle: the common interest before self-interest."

im not saying hes an ideal christian in ANY way but he followed the belief non the less

Hulud
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
are you saying that i do that?
i want some fucking proof cause now your just talking out of your ass if you are referring to me

metalman
05-03-2006, 11:30 AM
he considered himself a christian, he believed in jesus and all that

im not saying hes an ideal christian in ANY way but he followed the belief non the less

Yes, he followed the "belief"....HIS OWN warped and twisted beliefs BUT NOT the teachings of Jesus Christ. Therin lies a HUGE difference. He may have acknowleged the existence of Christ but then again so did Pilate who had him executed. That doesnt make him a Christian.

His consideration of himself is not rellevant to the actual fact. Its contrary to it. The pope considers himself to be the vicar of Christ, an infallable being, capable of forgiving sins...BUT he certainly is NOT! ;)

{X}Echo419
05-03-2006, 12:02 PM
are you saying that i do that?
i want some fucking proof cause now your just talking out of your ass if you are referring to me

I wasn't refering to you. in another thread some one posted something to the effect, Hitler was a Christian. the Crusades were excersised by Christians.
I can't find it right now but it was recent. I gotta get go so I'll track it down later.

Hulud
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
I wasn't refering to you. in another thread some one posted something to the effect, Hitler was a Christian. the Crusades were excersised by Christians.
I can't find it right now but it was recent. I gotta get go so I'll track it down later.
i said hitler was a christian but that does not mean christians are like hitlers
and yes the crusades were exercised by the christians, they are the ones who did the crusades

metalman
05-03-2006, 12:43 PM
and yes the crusades were exercised by the christians, they are the ones who did the crusades

The crusades were excercised by roman catholics who CLAIM to be Christian...a key distinction. But I'd say the proof is in the pudding.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits..."

Hulud
05-03-2006, 12:50 PM
The crusades were excercised by roman catholics who CLAIM to be Christian...a key distinction. But I'd say the proof is in the pudding.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits..."
my bad the roman catholics then

metalman
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
my bad the roman catholics then

My point was the CLAIM to Christianity more then the roman catholic connection. ;)
Anyone can claim it, but their actions tell if they are.

Romeyo07
05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
a lot of people use "christianity" as a catalyst to their actions, when it really has nothing to do with it. Through it all, they've got a "If all else fails, blame God" mentality. Seems like too many people do this today.

{X}Echo419
05-04-2006, 06:30 AM
i said hitler was a christian but that does not mean christians are like hitlers

fine. the infrence is there. "Hitler was a christian". why do you feel the need to point that out(however untrue it is)? do you think you're cluing everyone in on some BIG secret?

Hulud
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
fine. the infrence is there. "Hitler was a christian". why do you feel the need to point that out(however untrue it is)? do you think you're cluing everyone in on some BIG secret?
no, you are just ashamed apparently or else you wouldnt have such a problem with me making a point. no one else had a problem with me saying hitler claimed to be a christian, it was relevant to the topic that we were discussing, you need to learn how to hold a discussion and accept others ideas rather than let your emotions show through

{X}Echo419
05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
no, you are just ashamed apparently or else you wouldnt have such a problem with me making a point. no one else had a problem with me saying hitler claimed to be a christian, it was relevant to the topic that we were discussing, you need to learn how to hold a discussion and accept others ideas rather than let your emotions show through

ashamed? of what? I'm sure the "christians" on here don't like that analogy either.
Hitler was such an extreme example to use for anything. you didn't say Hitler "claimed" to be christian. yo made a "Direct" comparison. and it just shows how threatned/offended/just plain dislike of christians that you harbor.
you start more threads about Christians than "anybody" on the Boards. Hell you make a thread for jokes(which I kinda found funny) and you start it out with a Christian joke. Sounds a little like the pot calling the kettle black.
and like I said b4(many times) I NEVER SAID I WAS A CHRISTIAN. you find me saying that and I'll buy you a cookie.
accept others ideas. this is coming form the guy that will change your post if he dosen't like it. then lock the thread.
you're more hypocritical than a child molesting bishop. :lmfao:

Hulud
05-04-2006, 09:12 AM
ashamed? of what?
ashamed that hitler called himself a christian :doh:

I'm sure the "christians" on here don't like that analogy either.
Hitler was such an extreme example to use for anything. you didn't say Hitler "claimed" to be christian. yo made a "Direct" comparison. and it just shows how threatned/offended/just plain dislike of christians that you harbor.
thats where you are wrong, since you know me and all :rolleyes:
i am not "how threatned/offended/just plain dislike of christians that you harbor" you just dont like what i have to post.

you start more threads about Christians than "anybody" on the Boards.
and the point of this statement is?

Hell you make a thread for jokes(which I kinda found funny) and you start it out with a Christian joke. Sounds a little like the pot calling the kettle black.
i believe what you are referring to was in the whoreslounge, not here.
and why does it matter if i start a thread about jokes out with a christian joke? :confused:

and like I said b4(many times) I NEVER SAID I WAS A CHRISTIAN. you find me saying that and I'll buy you a cookie.
a cookie? sweet
you sure act like it cause you are the one taking offense to my beliefs, i dunno why else you would unless you were a christian. but not a very openminded one, because most people will have a discussion with me rather than belittle themselves to personal attacks like the comment below

accept others ideas. this is coming form the guy that will change your post if he dosen't like it. then lock the thread.
you're more hypocritical than a child molesting bishop. :lmfao:
the reason the post was changed locked was because you were acting like you were 12 years old :goodjob:

and how am i hypocritical, if i was i would lock/delete all threads that i didnt agree with

Hulud
05-04-2006, 09:43 AM
**edit**
you deleted your previous post

but anyways lets get back on topic, if you have a problem with me shoot me a pm

{X}Echo419
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
ashamed that hitler called himself a christian :doh:

thats where you are wrong, since you know me and all :rolleyes:
i am not "how threatned/offended/just plain dislike of christians that you harbor" you just dont like what i have to post.
your blind haterd for Christians(or anyone) "offends" me.

and the point of this statement is?
see above. why else would you feel the need?

i believe what you are referring to was in the whoreslounge, not here.and why does it matter if i start a thread about jokes out with a christian joke? :confused:
pattern of behavior

a cookie? sweet
you sure act like it cause you are the one taking offense to my beliefs, i dunno why else you would unless you were a christian. but not a very openminded one, because most people will have a discussion with me rather than belittle themselves to personal attacks like the comment below
if you think that's a "personal" attack....well I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to give to a hug to make you feel better. :eye:

the reason the post was changed locked was because you were acting like you were 12 years old :goodjob:
that's 13 mister

and how am i hypocritical, if i was i would lock/delete all threads that i didnt agree with
hey, I'm not Ms.Cleo I can't read your mind

Hulud
05-04-2006, 09:53 AM
your blind haterd for Christians(or anyone) "offends" me.
ok this is the last thing i am going to say on this (lets get back on topic)

you think i have hatred for christians or anyone?
that is the most incorrect statement you have made in this section.

you dont know me, and second of all where have i shown hatred for christians? i havent, maybe you construe it as hatred but its not. why? because i ask questions about the faith, thats hatred? why? because i dont believe in god thats hatred?

well when you get answers to these shoot me a pm cause i am done discussing this in a thread not designed for it.

lets get back on topic

{X}Echo419
05-04-2006, 09:59 AM
ok this is the last thing i am going to say on this (lets get back on topic)

you think i have hatred for christians or anyone?
that is the most incorrect statement you have made in this section.

you dont know me, and second of all where have i shown hatred for christians? i havent, maybe you construe it as hatred but its not. why? because i ask questions about the faith, thats hatred? why? because i dont believe in god thats hatred?

well when you get answers to these shoot me a pm cause i am done discussing this in a thread not designed for it.

lets get back on topic
last thing I'm going to say:
ok, hate=2 strong of a word. Dislike, otherwise(I would think) you would be more Inquisitive in Hinduism, Buddism, or Shintoism. unless you'e a Expert on Eastern Religons.

Hulud
05-04-2006, 10:00 AM
last thing I'm going to say:
ok, hate=2 strong of a word. Dislike, otherwise(I would think) you would be more Inquisitive in Hinduism, Buddism, or Shintoism. unless you'e a Expert on Eastern Religons.
nah man there are more people on here that can answer my christian questions. there arent many hinuists (or none) that i know of.

but no there is no dislike either towards christians, just questions