PDA

View Full Version : attn Hipsi....

AznTraitor
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I was at the dealer with a friend and saw the brochure for this bad boy....I think I should pick one up. It's hot.

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/Aprilia%20Motard.jpg

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/Aprilia%20SXV%20roadbike.jpg

HiPSI
05-02-2006, 01:23 PM
yeah i want one, but the price tag is too tall for my blood. although the claimed 70hp of the 550 is pretty inviting :).

AznTraitor
05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
it's the fucking hotness.....twin undertail pipes....I'd do some serious damage on that thing.

Are you wearing different boots now for the tard? or the same ones? have you put your foot down in a hard sweeper yet?

HiPSI
05-02-2006, 02:22 PM
it's the fucking hotness.....twin undertail pipes....I'd do some serious damage on that thing.

Are you wearing different boots now for the tard? or the same ones? have you put your foot down in a hard sweeper yet?

same boots, they work fine. got new leathers though. i don't really ride with a foot out, that's only useful in very tight squared off corners. riding in the mountains i just ride like i'm on the CBR, knee out and lean.

AznTraitor
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Ooooh, no more solid black leathers? Have you dragged a knee with the tard' yet? It seems it would be alot harder because of how much higher you sit and the extreme angle you would have to come into a corner with.

HiPSI
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Ooooh, no more solid black leathers? Have you dragged a knee with the tard' yet? It seems it would be alot harder because of how much higher you sit and the extreme angle you would have to come into a corner with.

the new leathers are SM specific so they're cut with a more upright body position and wayyyyyy better venting than the motoboss suit. it's these in black/silver/white:
http://www.motorhelmets.com/pics-general/shift-racesuit-superstreet.jpg

they don't have kneepucks or attachments for them so no knee dragging, but i did touch it down one time on 129. you'd think it would be harder but it's actually about the same as on the sportbike, maybe even easier. this thing is ~100lbs lighter than the cbr was so it doesn't feel so much like it wants to fall over in a turn on the low speed stuff. it's very easy to toss around, just felt a little odd at first in transitioning from one direction to the other due to the height and the "bounce" of the suspension but i got used to it as the day went on. never thought i would be running down bikes with 3x the power in the mountains but it just makes it pretty easy especially when running around the squids. i just really want to get some real rubber on this thing, these sport/touring dunlops don't give me that warm fuzzy feeling about grip so i'll probably use some pilot powers or contiforce SM tires next time around.

i can only imagine how awesome that aprilia will be. 70hp and right at the same weight as my bike ~260lbs... and it just looks awesome. but for almost $10k i'll wait until i can find a well used one ;). one of the guys over on GSB/BSB has one on order (SuperDave).

AznTraitor
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
oooh, you got Shift leathers....I remeber a few months back they were making a big stink about them...once I get back hopefully I'll be able to find a used Aprilia, then we can tard all over town.