PDA

View Full Version : B Series Gear Ratios and serial numbers

honda16v
05-02-2006, 07:11 AM
I'm in the market for a B Series trans. I have a guy that has one but we can't figure out what it is. Can anyone tell me what this serail number could possibly go to?
s4g1082871
Also, does anyone have a chart of honda/acura/jdm transmission numbers that will share?
thanks,

speedminded
05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm in the market for a B Series trans. I have a guy that has one but we can't figure out what it is. Can anyone tell me what this serail number could possibly go to?
s4g1082871
Also, does anyone have a chart of honda/acura/jdm transmission numbers that will share?
thanks,What's the transmission code?

helpful link: http://www.allmotorhonda.com/techpages/B-series_Tranny_specs.htm

honda16v
05-03-2006, 05:37 AM
The guy only gave me the serial number, "S4G1082871". He stated that there were no other tags on the trans. Is there a stamping that I can look at or something?

Oh, btw, thanks for that link, it was very helpful.

speedminded
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
The guy only gave me the serial number, "S4G1082871". He stated that there were no other tags on the trans. Is there a stamping that I can look at or something?

Oh, btw, thanks for that link, it was very helpful.It's just like an engine, you have the engine code ie: B18b1, then you have the serial number...two differant things (i'm sure someone could decifer what is is from the serial though, on most engines you can so i don't see why a transmission would be differant)

There should be a stamp saying y80 or whatever on it..that will direct you towards what it COULD be...from there to be more specific may have to crack the case and start counting teeth to figure out the final drive or whatever other variables there are on that specific transmission code.

Mleach
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
there is a code cast into the case near the axle inputs. start there if the sticker is missing.