PDA

View Full Version : Dropping integra

khmaiabz
05-02-2006, 02:16 AM
yo mang .. im bout to drop my car .. i wanna know if i need to change shocks if im goin drop my car ?? and also to all you guys who own integra when droping ur car is that shit bumppy when u drop ur car using coilover .. oh ya !! anyone selling type R front lip and side skirt and rear lip also ..!! integra though mang .. be reasonable wit me manG .. im a cheap ass dude cuzzin .. haha but forreal .. holla at me mang

RandomGuy
05-02-2006, 03:01 AM
i wanna know if i need to change shocks if im goin drop my car ??
No, Mang.

AE86 Dorifto
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
What ever you do, don't cut the springs. It's the most fucking retarded thing you could ever do.

Flip
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
yo mang .. im bout to drop my car .. i wanna know if i need to change shocks if im goin drop my car ?? and also to all you guys who own integra when droping ur car is that shit bumppy when u drop ur car using coilover .. oh ya !! anyone selling type R front lip and side skirt and rear lip also ..!! integra though mang .. be reasonable wit me manG .. im a cheap ass dude cuzzin .. haha but forreal .. holla at me mang

It depends on how low you drop it. If you go much more than an inch and a half you will most likely blow your shocks within 3-6 months.

Is it bumpy? it depends on the spring rate, but most likely yes. It will be a lot stiffer than your stock ride. You trade comfort for performance when you are dealing with suspension.

Also you may want to seriously consider getting a camber kit for your front wheels because you will eat through tires like nobodys business. When you put the camber kit on also remember that you will want to drive it STREIGHT to the alignment shop. Without an alignment, the camber kit can make your ride eat tires worse than without it (before it's aligned) and can also make it dangerous and quite tricky to drive...

Flip
05-02-2006, 07:09 AM
One other thing. If you haven't bought your coilovers yet, consider the drop zone's. A lot of people talk shit about them but the truth is that the spring rates on them are awesome, which is what matters. Also they only cost $107 for 98-01 integras... ;)