PDA

View Full Version : Well...

~The_Duke~
05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I have had my new car 2 whole days and have already gotten pulled over once...lol luckly I was nice to the cop and he just gave me a verbal warning...I just about shat myself because he clocked me doing 82 in a 55...to add to the issue I am learning how drive a manual and almost rolled back and ran into him...

collins
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
what car?

Wurm
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
to add to the issue I am learning how drive a manual and almost rolled back and ran into him...

pop that clutch man lol

Flip
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow, you were really lucky. I had a very similar thing happen to me but i got a ticker. A cop pulled me over when i was doing 54 in a 45, right after i passed the 35mph sign... I was too busy watching the cop behind me to pay attention to the speed limit sign :(. He got his car sideways pulling into the parking lot to pull me over for no reason then claimed he hit some ice when i gave him shit about it :).

~The_Duke~
05-01-2006, 11:18 PM
I got a 2005 Nissan SE-R Spec V :) well I have been driving a manual since about 5pm on saturday...I havent quite got the hang of the whole hill thing yet. Once I get moving I am good to go. I drive it every day so I will learn soon enough lol.

Oh I down shifted and stomped on the brake real good but it was to late by time I did that...

Sirk
05-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Hills are easy, let the clutch out to the point where its not totally disengaged, just enough for the motors torque to hold the car, you know the point to which I speak, and from there just slowly accelerate. No brake taping needed. With a little practice it will be one fliud movement.

~The_Duke~
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Ya I can do that sometimes, but it isnt a consitsant thing quite yet...driving slow in parking lots needs some work to because you have do that something that you can in forward without going fast and being all the way in gear....that would have sucked rolling into a cop....when he said 82 I was like I am so going to get a shitty ass ticket...

GTScoob
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I got a 2005 Nissan SE-R Spec V :) well I have been driving a manual since about 5pm on saturday...I havent quite got the hang of the whole hill thing yet. Once I get moving I am good to go. I drive it every day so I will learn soon enough lol.

Oh I down shifted and stomped on the brake real good but it was to late by time I did that...

Smart kid. Driving too fast for your skills, musta taken a while to get going up to 80mph in that Sentra. Good thing the cop pulled you over.

~The_Duke~
05-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Once I get moving I am good to go but nah I can get there pretty fast, I would prolly say about 3 secs slower than my dad's G35. I was passing someone that was going exactly the speed limit when I clocked me...I suck at driving slow lol...

RandomGuy
05-02-2006, 12:13 AM
dude, to learn hills, its really easy,
Just rev to 5k or so, you know to warm the motor up, so it wont jerk, and shift smoothly into gear.
Then instead of letting up the clutch slowly, allowing pressure to build up, Just let it up in a brief pull, that way the car will smoothly move forward

Flip
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM
dude, to learn hills, its really easy,
Just rev to 5k or so, you know to warm the motor up, so it wont jerk, and shift smoothly into gear.
Then instead of letting up the clutch slowly, allowing pressure to build up, Just let it up in a brief pull, that way the car will smoothly move forward

LOL that doesn't sound like a very good idea for a beginner. :P

~The_Duke~
05-02-2006, 12:43 AM
I got the main concept I just have to make it work everytime now. I can do it correctly about 30% of the time...The other times I either stall it or peal out...

wantboost
05-02-2006, 12:46 AM
^^ i think that was the point.

CSquared
05-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Good Job. The other 99 out of 100 times you won't be so lucky. Especially considering you are under 21, you would have been royally fucked. (27 over)

My advice: Try not to drive like a douche bag and you won't have to worry about getting tickets.

Love,
Chris

~The_Duke~
05-02-2006, 01:19 AM
That is actually the first time being pulled over in about 2 yrs, and also the first time being pulled over and not gotten a ticket. I was express how lucky I was not to get a ticket. It isnt like was racing or anything I was driving down a hill and the cop was at the bottom of it...

ŁG2♣
05-02-2006, 01:37 AM
damn your lucky