PDA

View Full Version : need a carb rebuilt for my civic 4x4

FCguy
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I just bought an 85 civic wagon 4x4. The carb needs a rebuild and I was wondering if any mechanics came recommeded. I dont just need some honda mechanic, I need somone who KNOWS old hondas. Of course I will remove the carb and bring it to them (Im on the west side of I20 so somthing close would be nice but if need be I can bring it or ship it). I can get the rebuild kit as well... I dont like paying shop markup on parts, I just need the labor as I cant rebuild a carb. Let me know of anyone who fits the bill.

THANKS,
Mike

J MAN
05-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey, this is J Man.

We would be happy to help you out. Honda & Acura is our specialty.
We have been servicing Honda's & Acura's for 23 years.

There are a few concerns that we would like to bring up.

With out seeing the car & installing the Carb. We can not guaranty that you wont have other problems. We would prefer to do the install & make the needed adjustments. I feel that before you rebuild the Carb, it would be best to have it checked out by our shop first. you may have other problems.

Rebuilding a carb can consist of a Thorough cleaning to a complete replacement of the major components like Gaskets, Needles, Seats, & Floats.

Once the Carb is on you usually find that there are other problems as well.

Having said that, I respect that you want to do as much work on your own.

Labor to rebuild the Carb off the car is $160.00. No warranty except for the components we replaced.

Labor to rebuild the Carb & do the install $200.00 Plus possible additional charges depending on what the car needs. 12 month 12000 mile warranty.

770-427-1745
Alan Cox Automotive
1326 Cobb Parkway North
Marietta Ga 30062

www.alancoxautomotive.com (http://www.alancoxautomotive.com)