PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about admission to the atlanta college of art?

4bangin
05-01-2005, 08:36 PM
This may be a really dumb question. I havnt finished reading over the entire site so I might have just missed it. I am interested in going for their digital video program. I looked at their application requirements and they are all dealing with drawings. You have to submit like 12-15 drawings. The program I am wanting to do has absolutly nothing to do with this type or art, so do I still have to do that? I think it would be bullshit for someone to get declined going to a school to learn to write a film because they can't draw worth a damn.

chuck
05-01-2005, 11:22 PM
just email one of these people and ask them...

Derek Atkinson
Admission Counselor
404-733-5105
[email protected]

Anjum Mohyuddin
Admission Counselor
404-733-5189
[email protected]

Jennifer Sheehan-Lyutskanov
Admission Counselor
404-733-5104
[email protected]

atlantamx3
05-02-2005, 12:00 AM
You HAVE to know how to draw to be any type of visual artist. Any of the pros who work for major film studios or animation studios-- ALL know how to draw.

4bangin
05-02-2005, 06:12 AM
You HAVE to know how to draw to be any type of visual artist. Any of the pros who work for major film studios or animation studios-- ALL know how to draw.

Eventhough it has nothing to do with drawing? I'm sure there are some directors that can draw, but for some reason I doubt every director or screenwriter out there is a bad ass when it comes to drawing.

atlantamx3
05-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I am not saying they are the best draftsman ever-- but they do need the basic skillz associated with drawing.

Also- I am sure most directors didnt go to the Atlanta College of Art.

It is an ART school-- not a DIRECTING school.

4bangin
05-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I understand that. But half of their classes have nothing to do with actual drawing so I don't see that being a fair requirement to get accepted to the school. That's why I was trying to find someone who has actually been to the school or at least knows someone who has been.