PDA

View Full Version : sprint

antiv6
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I didnt know what web site to post this on so i thought this would be good since a lot of you guys live near me. I was wondering if any of you have sprint cell phones. Do you get good reception? I live in lawrenceville by the way. I dont wanna sign a two year contract and then have to deal with cancleing in the first 30 days. Thanks, o and i was gonna get sprint b/c its the cheapest for my needs

AznTraitor
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
To be 100% honest with you, if you ever travel across the country...you'll be roaming or no service. I drove all the way to Seattle,WA from ATL and 75% of the time I had no service. Their customer service sucks huge donkey balls, if you ever change your plan, you just extended your contract. You pay insurance for your phone and if it breaks or stolen, you pay $50 for a new one which takes like a week to get.

I paid for insurance for two years, that's $4 x 48months = $192....and you still have to pay $50 for a phone? Looks like I already paid for it. You cannot upgrade your phone unless you have been with them for 1 year, otherwise you pay FULL price. I'm still waiting for the tech team that was supposedly suppose to come to my house and see why I dont have service at my home....I've yet to see them come and it's been 4 months. I'm stuck with them because I changed my plan a few months back and it got extended. BUT, as soon as it's up.....I'm out. I know a few people here on IA work for sprint and one of them tried to help me, but it didnt help. Some people love them, but from what I have seen...more people hate them.

that's just my two cents.

8bangin302
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
hey there i dont have sprint but my sister and her fiance does and it works fine with them..they have had it for about 8 months..

antiv6
04-30-2006, 07:55 PM
hmm thanks for the input guys, it always seems like people love or hate their service provider. I guess i mught just try it and if it sucks get out within the 30 day period. Does the phone you get really have anything to do with service?
also i dont plan on traveling anywhere

Julio
04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Get metro pcs if you are not traveling anywhere then.

Hulud
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
sprint (from my experience) is the worst.

i would always lose reception, dropped calls, calls that went straight to voice mail

horrible

AznTraitor
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
hmm thanks for the input guys, it always seems like people love or hate their service provider. I guess i mught just try it and if it sucks get out within the 30 day period. Does the phone you get really have anything to do with service?
also i dont plan on traveling anywhere

they gave me that bs that it could be my phone...but why in the hell would a service provider sell a phone they knew that it had weak reception? and btw....it was not my phone...

antiv6
04-30-2006, 08:03 PM
i like metro b/c of unlimited talking but to get a phone its like 200 bucks . i was gonna do this sprint plan since most of my talking is on the weekend and at night

29.99 200 anytime minutes unlimited night and weekend (night starts at 7pm)
10 cents a minute that i go over
ant the phone i was looking at was only 20 bucks

civicracer5000
04-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I hate sprints my contract is over in may, I'm switching to Tmobile, I been with them for two years and I have had so many problems with them like when I got my cell phone they told me that internet in my cell was going to be 5.95 a month including unlimited text messages and I just found out that they are actually chargin 14.95, then when I move to my new place I call them to change the address and since I move in november I never recieved the bill in the mail I just paid cuz I knew my due day was on the 9th and I just call them again to see why I never recieved a bill and they say my address hasn't been change, so definitelly the customer service sucks as far as signal I never had a problem with as long as you are not in basements or elevators everything is good.

AznTraitor
04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
i like metro b/c of unlimited talking but to get a phone its like 200 bucks . i was gonna do this sprint plan since most of my talking is on the weekend and at night

29.99 200 anytime minutes unlimited night and weekend (night starts at 7pm)
10 cents a minute that i go over
ant the phone i was looking at was only 20 bucks

if you do the math, metro will be cheaper....your bill will never be $29.99. I promise you that, Sprint will find a way to get more money out of you. If you stay in town, metro's plan is awesome....check ebay for some metro pcs phones or craigslist....that way you can try it out and there's no contract.

antiv6
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
anyone have verizon that would be my second choice?