PDA

View Full Version : My 240sx

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
nothing special right now. I will not disclose on mods right now as to keep it a little hush hush for the competition. but shes quick. its a 91 5 spd without a pignose front bumper.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture013.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture010.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture004.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture005.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture009.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture001.jpg

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 01:28 PM
It will look a tad different and be a lot cleaner, a lot nicer interior, and faster once i get her back. paint, mods, makeover happening right now.

Big Rick
05-01-2005, 01:29 PM
lets see, s13 black top with maybe a t28?

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
yah... umm what is there not to disclose about that setup?

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 01:34 PM
oh, and all 91's weren't pignose... so why did you even mention that part?

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 01:39 PM
umm i believe they were. didnt think the other started till 92. and besides this car came with a pignose beforehand anyway. so for those not knowing i said taht. people willtry to tell taht your car isnt a 91 blah blah blah. and what you see about my mods is all you will know. wont tell any 1/4 times, whp, psi, other non visible mods. people dont need to know everything or they wont race you. you guys already think its just a motor swap and intercooler.

and love the avatar rick.

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 01:47 PM
umm i believe they were. didnt think the other started till 92. and besides this car came with a pignose beforehand anyway. so for those not knowing i said taht. people willtry to tell taht your car isnt a 91 blah blah blah. and what you see about my mods is all you will know. wont tell any 1/4 times, whp, psi, other non visible mods. people dont need to know everything or they wont race you. you guys already think its just a motor swap and intercooler.

why the need for races? do you not want to race people that would actually be a challenge driver to driver vs. beating 17 second cars all day? oh... i bet you're a hardcore streetracer eh? ;)

honestly i don't see what the big deal is, i'm sure there's no magical parts on your car that make it so much better than what everyone else is doing with 240's these days. sounds like you're embarassed or something.

sorry if i'm coming across as an ass, but i really don't see the need for secrecy. why even post pics if you don't want to share the specs?

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 01:48 PM
oh, and 89-90 were pignose, 91-93 were the rounded style (and the '94 convertibles had the later style as well).

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
is this the super secret nitrous arming switch?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/Picture010.jpg

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 02:00 PM
could be wrong about the pignose thing. i dont know everything about the 240sx. been told diff things about bumper years. and look it up and fid the same stuff. hardcore street racer? u kids are funny. one this is a weekend car. no time for pickin on HOndas with intakes and stickers. why do i have to tell you all my business anyway? i showed the car and tahts that. first thing i said was NOTHING SPECIAL. but u went straight to me not telling too many things about and jumped to conclusions. another reason why i dont say anything. i let ppl assume whatever they please. and yes u came off very nicely like an asshole. I dont street race, commerce is a nice place for me to settle an trash talk. and i wont be dragging for a while anyway. If i was so ashamed i wo uldnt have posted pics or even joined this board. i like my car very much even its dirty state. and will liike it more in a couple weeks.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 02:03 PM
we will let you decide a bout the super secret switch. its a flux capacitor anyways.

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 03:02 PM
well i apologize if i've offended you... i just like hearing about other setups and seeing what people have made out of them. it's your perogative to keep it a secret, but i also just don't see a reason for it. there's nothing so special about my car i feel the need to stay hush hush about it, in fact i love finding people in a similar time bracket at the track to race against rather than worrying that my car is faster than someone's. to each his own i guess.

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 04:17 PM
nothing special right now. I will not disclose on mods right now as to keep it a little hush hush for the competition. but shes quick. its a 91 5 spd without a pignose front bumper.

You sound like me last year with half the mods I had. I know where you are coming from on the output and mods, but you posted pics that give away over half the info anyway. Stock manifold, greddy type s BOV, Intercooler and piping with a regular suck through stock MAF, Ground wire kit, no pulley kit(greddy or Unorthodox), doubtful any aftermarket ignition, Turbo xs dual stage boost controller, probably an in tank walboro 255lph pump(basic necessity for more boost). Turbo looks like a T-28.

I think Hipsi's point was, evrything looks to be basic upgrades and you posted pics of the engine bay which gives away alot. You were the one saying you didn't want to release the mods to keep it hush hush for the competiton. I am wondering who you are aiming the statement of "competition" towards? Is it someone particular or just a general statement for anyone who see's it?

Not tring to be harsh just looking for some clarity. :)

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 05:11 PM
and correct u are my friend. looks like u both are 240 owners and kow a great deal. yeah the engine bay does give away a lot of my mods but the few that arent mentioned is the stage 2 clutch from ACT(on its way out for a spec star), tokico adjustables in front, KYBs in rear, tein springs all the way around, and a 1.5 way lsd. running 14psi on the t28. no need for apologies here. i still am fond of any 240 owner no matter what. i get the unsuspecting mustangs around here trying to test me and i admit to putting a few to shame on the street. sometimes hard to turn down embarassing a V8. anywho a lot of whats under the hood is on its way out. got a few dollars under my hands to continue my engine work. new top mount turbo, new manifold of course, greddy pulleys, e-manage( tired of the afc-2 already), injectors, internals, blah blah blah hopefully by September most of taht will be done.

and it was just a general statement for anyone around here. we are all in the atlanta area so i am pretty sure i will run into one of you guys soon enough. didnt mean to come of cocky or anything. i just dont like to reveal everything then ppl back down. My buddy cant get a race for anything cuz everyone already knows he lays down 500whp. so he always go away to the track.

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 05:56 PM
and correct u are my friend. looks like u both are 240 owners and kow a great deal. yeah the engine bay does give away a lot of my mods but the few that arent mentioned is the stage 2 clutch from ACT(on its way out for a spec star), tokico adjustables in front, KYBs in rear, tein springs all the way around, and a 1.5 way lsd. running 14psi on the t28. no need for apologies here. i still am fond of any 240 owner no matter what. i get the unsuspecting mustangs around here trying to test me and i admit to putting a few to shame on the street. sometimes hard to turn down embarassing a V8. anywho a lot of whats under the hood is on its way out. got a few dollars under my hands to continue my engine work. new top mount turbo, new manifold of course, greddy pulleys, e-manage( tired of the afc-2 already), injectors, internals, blah blah blah hopefully by September most of taht will be done.

and it was just a general statement for anyone around here. we are all in the atlanta area so i am pretty sure i will run into one of you guys soon enough. didnt mean to come of cocky or anything. i just dont like to reveal everything then ppl back down. My buddy cant get a race for anything cuz everyone already knows he lays down 500whp. so he always go away to the track.

I'll run him. Just tell him come up to Dallas Fri. night. :)

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 06:00 PM
i will be sure to let him know. its a 500whp cobra. just got his drag radials. he ran a low 8 in the 1/8 due to not much traction. i dont know your mods on that beast of a s14 but should be interesting.

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
i will be sure to let him know. its a 500whp cobra. just got his drag radials. he ran a low 8 in the 1/8 due to not much traction. i dont know your mods on that beast of a s14 but should be interesting.

Mines an s13 chassis with stock cams and stock bottom end.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 06:32 PM
i thought the vid in your sig was your car. or is that a coupe in taht vid? i cant tell cuz of the quality of the vid. seems to have pop ups so i guess its a coupe. u got a turbo upgrade on it?

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Here's a pic of the car..

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 06:56 PM
ahhhh much better. excellent job btw

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 07:02 PM
ahhhh much better. excellent job btw

Job on what?????

CMO
05-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Job on what?????

He's probably thinking you have a silvia conversion. He doesn't know that it's a real rhd silvia.

Cliff
05-01-2005, 07:21 PM
brandon...you will run into some sick as hell 240's on here so get ready man...you have met the top 2 already i see

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
He's probably thinking you have a silvia conversion. He doesn't know that it's a real rhd silvia.

Ok. I didn't know what he was talking about or if it was just a general statement.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Jesus who knew ATL had these thing runnin around. Excellent job on the car. And nope i had no clue that was a real silvia. I thought it was just a clean conversion which one rarely sees. how quickly one is humbled lol. hope to see you guys around one day. and hope to get on taht bad 240 list soon. i am small potatoes right now.

and what does hi psi drive?

auxiliary
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
that's 6's old motor. Btw....those RPS13 stickers are an e-bay special.

and 89-90 are pignose. And brian's car is fast.

Cliff
05-01-2005, 08:04 PM
hipsi is a jdm tyte drifter fo sho....he drive a blue uhhhh errrrrrr 199- 240...it falls in that year range somewhere...and he's got a new heart too

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
who is 6? unless 6 is Jewish Dave its a diff motor. and none of those stickers are mine. came with the car. they wont be there anymore because of the new paint. and those tails will be gone as well.

199 real specific cliff lo. and a new heart? in him or the car? if its him tell him i said gald hes alive.

Cliff
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
lol no no no...in the car fool and i dunno what year...lol

Cliff
05-01-2005, 08:39 PM
here's cody's 240
http://www.codywellons.com/photos/s14/S14-12.jpg

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 08:42 PM
damn thats clean. and who is cody?

Cliff
05-01-2005, 08:52 PM
and erin hipsi's

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 08:53 PM
91-93

Cliff
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
that's what i said brandon...a 1991-3....lol

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
lmao u crack me up. u gonna stay trucks or u gonna get another import?

Julio
05-01-2005, 09:06 PM
could be wrong about the pignose thing. i dont know everything about the 240sx. been told diff things about bumper years. and look it up and fid the same stuff. hardcore street racer? u kids are funny. one this is a weekend car. no time for pickin on HOndas with intakes and stickers. why do i have to tell you all my business anyway? i showed the car and tahts that. first thing i said was NOTHING SPECIAL. but u went straight to me not telling too many things about and jumped to conclusions. another reason why i dont say anything. i let ppl assume whatever they please. and yes u came off very nicely like an asshole. I dont street race, commerce is a nice place for me to settle an trash talk. and i wont be dragging for a while anyway. If i was so ashamed i wo uldnt have posted pics or even joined this board. i like my car very much even its dirty state. and will liike it more in a couple weeks.

Kids? hehe that was funny.

This is not conyers bro. welcome to the real world =]

Cliff
05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
no more imports for cliff unless i get a daily driver one day cause of gas...i just don't like sittin close to the ground anymore...although....an occasional drive in moms acura isn't bad....but overall i would much rather have a truck

JITB
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
we do it big in conyers y0

Cliff
05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
oh yea...i forgot that fool he's in conyers too but he don't socialize with anyone...just nods his head when he passes a white brother

JITB
05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
hahaha im too cool to be seen with u....lol

everytime i see u im in a hurry.

Julio
05-01-2005, 09:30 PM
hehe I think he thought he was coming on IA an not finding some nice clean and fast 240's or something, But is cool his ride seems to be tight.

Cliff
05-01-2005, 09:34 PM
yea julio you know how us conyers folks are...we don't see much hottness around us so it throws us back a lil bit when we find out they're all over the city

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 09:53 PM
julio exactly. i rarely see a boosted 240 or a nice one for that matter. i didnt know we had some good ones runnin around. only really dangerous one i know of is one that havin an rb26 put in. My buddy sam with an ae86 knows him. i am so busy i havent been to a gahtering for cars in a looooong time. once the fowty is back on the road i will be running into you guys a lot more. i live in the real world, just dont see much of it :)

Julio
05-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Check this one out, This was also a nice one that use to be around the ATL streets, But he sold that ride.
We did a feature on his car JAN of last year.. check it.

http://www.importatlanta.com/features/2004/jan/marshall/index.htm

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
thats real nice. I think I've found my new fave board to post on. when is the next IMport Showoff?

CodyW
05-01-2005, 10:01 PM
i'm cody (the one with the car that was posted on the last page). i'm pretty sure i've met you (or at least seen your car) at a few of the andretti meets.

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Did you just buy this car?

Also, if you want an e-manage I have one for sale, with support tool, and both injector and ignition harness.

If you're interested lemme know.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
never been to andretti speed lab. if u saw this car it was prolly when Dave owned it.
and yep just bought it march 8th. and prolly drove it 5 times since then. and yes i am interested in the e-manage. just tell me a price.

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
It's only been used for like 2000 miles.

I want $450 for everything.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:14 PM
damn sounds like a good deal. u must be going full stand alone. what car it come off of?
and how long will u be holding on to it? cuz i will need a few weeks to buy it.

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Yea, I'm getting something different.

It is coming off of a car with a sr20det.

I may have it for some time. Just lemme know.

CodyW
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
ok, cool, never knew it switched owners. looking forward to see how it all comes together though, good luck with it!

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
but for 24 bucks more i can get all that new. according to phase2motortrend.com

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:22 PM
ok, cool, never knew it switched owners. looking forward to see how it all comes together though, good luck with it!
thanx Cody. Dave did a good job with it mechanically, i just gotta work on making the car "mine" in apperance and more performance.

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
nice to see we're getting on the same page here ;).

and cliff, my car isn't "top" anything man... it's a stock SR with stock T25 pushing a whole tire shredding 238rwhp. it can barely get out of it's own way :D

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:39 PM
HI we were on the same page all along. Just took me awhile to catch up. Thanks for makin me feel welcome guys. I love 240 owners. for some reason they are never cocky.

Big Rick
05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Jesus who knew ATL had these thing runnin around.

not sure what they rank, but to give u an idea of how many are around, here are 3 of my best friends, 4 more i don't have pics of and another 2 on the way

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
OH MY. when is the next ATL 240 meet gonna be? I need to meet my comrades.

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
HI we were on the same page all along. Just took me awhile to catch up. Thanks for makin me feel welcome guys. I love 240 owners. for some reason they are never cocky.

Are you serious?! How many 240 drivers have you met?

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
not sure what they rank, but to give u an idea of how many are around, here are 3 of my best friends, 4 more i don't have pics of and another 2 on the way

does the orange one still belong to shawn or did a friend of yours buy it from him? just wondering, i know he was trying to get rid of it.

PSINXS
05-01-2005, 10:53 PM
havent met many. i got a couple at my school. and the one i know around here.

HiPSI
05-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Are you serious?! How many 240 drivers have you met?

bahahaha.... true, true.

Big Rick
05-01-2005, 10:56 PM
does the orange one still belong to shawn or did a friend of yours buy it from him? just wondering, i know he was trying to get rid of it.

its sean's, it maybe sold tomorrow tho.

CodyW
05-01-2005, 11:00 PM
there is a meet this thursday at startime up in roswell that a few friends of mine from drift411.com are putting on (and there will be plenty of 240's for it). formula D is also this friday/saturday and there will be a ton of 240's around for it, even though it's not really a meet.

man
05-01-2005, 11:37 PM
shut up Cody, no one wants to go to your gay meet. (I wish I could go, damn, I have to work)
ummm..... 240s are gayxorz
uhhh.... drifting is gayxorz
hmmm..... See all you guys at Drift Atlanta!
Andy's still in this thing right?

Big Rick
05-01-2005, 11:49 PM
shut up Cody, no one wants to go to your gay meet. (I wish I could go, damn, I have to work)
ummm..... 240s are gayxorz
uhhh.... drifting is gayxorz
hmmm..... See all you guys at Drift Atlanta!
Andy's still in this thing right?

last i remember he was on the waiting list, i could be wrong tho

CodyW
05-01-2005, 11:56 PM
no, he's on the definate list (he signed up for all 6 events as soon as you could so he'll be at everything). and yea, the BMW is back and ready to slide again :).

trythefly
05-02-2005, 11:15 AM
nice

Ryno
05-02-2005, 11:53 AM
who is 6? unless 6 is Jewish Dave its a diff motor. and none of those stickers are mine. came with the car. they wont be there anymore because of the new paint. and those tails will be gone as well.

199 real specific cliff lo. and a new heart? in him or the car? if its him tell him i said gald hes alive.

6 aka John sold the motor to jewish dave about 2 years ago and I know what that motor has been through. :)

Ryno
05-02-2005, 11:57 AM
julio exactly. i rarely see a boosted 240 or a nice one for that matter. i didnt know we had some good ones runnin around. only really dangerous one i know of is one that havin an rb26 put in. My buddy sam with an ae86 knows him. i am so busy i havent been to a gahtering for cars in a looooong time. once the fowty is back on the road i will be running into you guys a lot more. i live in the real world, just dont see much of it :)

Who do you know that is putting a rb26 in a 240??? Sounds pretty sick....

auxiliary
05-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Who do you know that is putting a rb26 in a 240??? Sounds pretty sick....

and not to mention stupid. Probably just some ricer who thinks by putting a skyline motor in his car it'll be fast. Face it kids, your car will never be a skyline! No mater what body mods, or engines you put into it.

PSINXS
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
this guy is not stupid by any means. he had an sr20 got rid of it cuz he wanted something different. he decided on a rb26. hes no ricer nor does he thinks his car is a skyline. he knows its gonna be a 240 that will own a lot of ppl. he just enjoys what he does. no different than the guy i bought my car from putting a 2jz in his 240z. my friedn with the hachi can give u more details on the rb26 240. i will talk to him today or tomorrow.

PSINXS
05-02-2005, 02:43 PM
6 aka John sold the motor to jewish dave about 2 years ago and I know what that motor has been through. :)

is john the john from Z1? also what has this motor been through? anything i need to be alarmed about? havent had any probs yet.

Ryno
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
No, it should be fine. He took care of it maintenance wise, but he liked to race and drift so the car wasn't driven like a grandma. It's a sr so it can take the abuse if properly maintained. :goodjob:

Ryno
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Also, it is not John from Z1. It is a different John. He is into bikes and has a R1 now.

Ryno
05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
and not to mention stupid. Probably just some ricer who thinks by putting a skyline motor in his car it'll be fast. Face it kids, your car will never be a skyline! No mater what body mods, or engines you put into it.

Don't hate, appreciate!!!

If I knew someone with a rb26, I'd be his best friend and do anything for him.

CMO
05-02-2005, 03:23 PM
One of my 240 buddies helped a guy awhile back put an RB26 into his 240 I wonder if it's the same guy. From what i heard it wasn't running yet.

HalfBaked
05-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Don't hate, appreciate!!!

If I knew someone with a rb26, I'd be his best friend and do anything for him.

Yea I'd soo like be his friend. Also I'd like love him forever if he let me ride in it! No matter how unsafe it is!

PSINXS
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
youd have to beef up a lot in order to make a high horsepower rb be safe . but a stock rb26 is only 280hp. and sr owners are running way more than that. so technically its not much different until u start getting in the high hp numbers like 600+

Cliff
05-02-2005, 09:19 PM
brandon what is your aim s/n?

PSINXS
05-02-2005, 09:29 PM
lethalturboz

auxiliary
05-04-2005, 08:18 AM
youd have to beef up a lot in order to make a high horsepower rb be safe . but a stock rb26 is only 280hp. and sr owners are running way more than that. so technically its not much different until u start getting in the high hp numbers like 600+

ya....but it is like 6 katrillion pounds. So the power to weight isn't there.

sr > RB all day long.

B16a2 Civic
11-11-2005, 02:34 PM
cool!

silviadriftr
11-11-2005, 02:53 PM
ya....but it is like 6 katrillion pounds. So the power to weight isn't there.

sr > RB all day long.

2JZgte > sr and rb all day long.. :D

BTEC
11-11-2005, 03:03 PM
2JZgte > sr and rb all day long.. :D
b16>sr and rb with no exhaust all day long. :lmfao:

silviadriftr
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
built b16> stock sr and rb with no exhaust all day long. :lmfao:

You said it not me..... :tongue: