PDA

View Full Version : So I pulled my motor today and nothing went wrong...

HalfBaked
04-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Until I go to push the car outside of the garage to clean up and the damn hub decides to seperate from the wheel bearing while we are moving the car...

So of course my car falls to the ground. Luckily, it landed on the tire so the fender didn't get smashed.

But now I get to strip down my motor to a bare head/block and press my hub back into my wheel bearing...

Wurm
04-30-2006, 12:33 AM
sounds like fun

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 12:35 AM
lol lucky.. coulda been nasty

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Until I go to push the car outside of the garage to clean up and the damn hub decides to seperate from the wheel bearing while we are moving the car...

So of course my car falls to the ground. Luckily, it landed on the tire so the fender didn't get smashed.

But now I get to strip down my motor to a bare head/block and press my hub back into my wheel bearing...
are you rebuilding it or "building" it lol

HalfBaked
04-30-2006, 12:53 AM
I guess you could say a mild build.

Eagle rods/wiseco pistons

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 12:57 AM
what bout the top end?

might as well mild port/polish it

HalfBaked
04-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Yea, I'm gonna get all that shit cleaned up as well...

I'm leaving the head stock for now tho.

I wish I had the money for cams while I have the head off.

I figure its a chance to get new timing chain/water pump/oil pump since I have everything apart.

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Yea, I'm gonna get all that shit cleaned up as well...

I'm leaving the head stock for now tho.

I wish I had the money for cams while I have the head off.

I figure its a chance to get new timing chain/water pump/oil pump since I have everything apart.
dude... i can prolly get you cams for cheap... how long will the car be down?

if you can send the stockers in I may be able to work somethin out

www.schneidercams.com

*EDIT nvm, i dont see the dual cam 2.0 :( maybe if u call in they might have it?

HalfBaked
04-30-2006, 01:22 AM
Hopefully I'll have the car put back together by may 28th...

Doubt it tho.

RandomGuy
04-30-2006, 01:26 AM

TheSnail
04-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Talking about cams, I remember I did 248 248 cams in my old KA. Basically it was running two exhaust cams. Anyways I bought an exhaust cam from the junkyard, went to put it in, and when I just laid the cam on the head, it broke in half. I was like WTF just happened as my friends laughed at me. Anyways I went to the junkyard and got another one. This time i was very careful, too carful. I went to torque down the camgear onto the cam but I did not want to break it again. So I hand tightened it to the strength of a 6year old girl. When I was done, I took it for a spin and it was nice. It had alot more top end and sat camming at idle. I got 5miles from my house, I was at a light and the car cut off. It took 10sec for it to crank back up, so I did a U-turn and headed back home. The shit now had about 20hp. I had to keep the gas down when ever I pushed the clutch in. I got behind a car with the E-brake up, gas floored (only reaching 2k rpm) screaming at him because he sat at the red light and it felt like it was taking forever. Light turns green and I go all pissed off, but only inch past him with my 20-30hp. I get to my neighbor hood, and right before I get to my house, a lady goes into my lane (towards me) because there is a car parked on the side of the road on her side. So I had to push the clutch and brake to not hit her. The car shut off, so while still costing I tried to jumpstart it but it did not work so I pulled over and walked the rest of the way home. The next morning I went to my car, pulled the valve cover and saw that the cam bolt that I tightened like I 6yr old girl came undone.