PDA

View Full Version : I got my car!!! WOOOT

Scooby Pilot
03-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Well 44 hours of driving brings me back to atlanta withmy very own 1989 COnquest !!! I'll put up some pics soon :)

chuck
03-07-2005, 06:58 PM
"daaaaaaaaamn homie!"

kilpatty43
03-07-2005, 07:29 PM
congrats shawn!!!

Brett
03-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Congrats man!!

Kevykev
03-07-2005, 07:59 PM
"daaaaaaaaamn homie!"

...in high school you waz da maaaaaan Homie!

kilpatty43
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
hey shawn you know you owe me a ride in it...i love the conquest...one of my ex's bought one right after we broke up...i was so pissed...im the one that told him about the car...he didnt even know what it was!

Cliff
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
awesome shawn how did you end up getting to it and back

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 09:48 PM
ahh... the conquest. i certainly hope yours has been well kept, because if not you're in for a whole lot of down time ;).

any questions on it lemme know, i built mine from scratch :D

Cliff
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
he bought it from a granny i believe

Scooby Pilot
03-07-2005, 09:55 PM
thanks everyone, Erin yeah it is in better shape than yours seemed to be( which yours seemed nice-I only say it on cardomain). it is mostly little stuff thats wrong with it. I bought it with the intention of a project car anyway. I am working on the motor plan right now. and I basically have that all ironed out. I used to be a ford tech and I have a lot of expereince building cars.

A friend ended up taking me up there in a mini van....pulled the car and a trailor likea champ oddly enough.

it was a cali car so there isnt any rust on it. soon to get painted black with black ROH Sniper wheels. its gonna be sweet !!

I will definately let you know Erin if I have any questions I will def ask...oh yeah it does suffer from the horrible play in the steering wheel..did you get the bushing fomr OEM or aftermarket?

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I will definately let you know Erin if I have any questions I will def ask...oh yeah it does suffer from the horrible play in the steering wheel..did you get the bushing fomr OEM or aftermarket?

ahh yes, the sloppy steering is fun! mine had a half turn in either direction from center before it would do anything :D. i actually made my own bushing. i took the steering column out as well as the coupling where the bushing goes that causes that crap. i then mixed up my favorite brand epoxy (JB WELD) and put a thin layer of grease on the steering wheel side of the shaft (it's shaped like a +) and poured in the JB into the coupler side. i kinda rigged up a jig that would keep everything upright and dropped the end of the shaft into the coupling. wipe off the excess JB, make sure everything's pretty straight, and let it dry. when it was done the steering was super responsive... well as good as the old worn out steering box could offer.

oh yeah, and if you have access to it another probably better option for making the bushing is poly-u, same process though.

FrnkPwrs
03-08-2005, 02:05 AM
any questions on it lemme know, i built mine from scratch :D

LOL. No for real, hes serious. He built it from scratch

HiPSI
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM

he's seen my cardomain site on it... if you did a search for conquest on google my cardomain used to come up like the 3rd entry :D

Scooby Pilot
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM

YEAH i KNOW.

Scooby Pilot
03-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I need to get a digital cam damn it