PDA

View Full Version : ***Blue Angels airshow Sunday***

jdmlude
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM
anyone going? I went last year and it was a blast..

also, does anyone have the time schedule of events? I want to know what time the blue angels fly...

tina
04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
sorry but what is it?

kelly marie
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
i believe they are air force pilots.. who do lots of stunts.. its a really good show i went last year...

silver
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
It starts at like 9 or 10 and the Angels fly at 3 I think.. its in the AJC article....

tina
04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
shit that sounds awesome!
so where is the info on this?

BTLFED
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
I have to work Saturday so I will be listening to it since I work across the street from Dobbins.

BTW-The Air Force pilots are the Thunderbirds, not the Blue Angels. My cousin is a Thunderbird. :D

TheSnail
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I remember when one of the blue angles died way back in the day. They must be old geesers now. They probably each got a custom ramp where they can get to the cockpit with a Hoverround. Im sure they are good, but its a matter of time before one has a heart attack and the jet flies into the crowd.

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
depending on what time i get off work on saturday night.. i'll be there..

kelly marie
04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
I have to work Saturday so I will be listening to it since I work across the street from Dobbins.

BTW-The Air Force pilots are the Thunderbirds, not the Blue Angels. My cousin is a Thunderbird. :Dooo so what division is the blue angels? the navy?

tina
04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
hey hey so where is this thing going to be at?

v3rd1g0
04-27-2006, 04:08 PM
im on spsu's canmpus, i was watching them earlier. also there were some other stunt planes out there it was cool.]

its at dobbin's air force base

HiPSI
04-27-2006, 04:14 PM
ooo so what division is the blue angels? the navy?

yes

ShooterMcGavin
04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
how much is it? and what are the hrs?

Brett
04-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Gonna storm all day Sunday, I can be sure they will cancel it for Sunday.

JayKnight
04-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay let me clear up some things here......First off the Blue Angels are all NAVY and MARINE pilots....the Air Force has the THUNDERBIRDS. Second...now they are not all old men that need ramps to get to the cockpit. Each Pilot has a three year tour with the Blues. I could go into greater detail about that but it would take too long to explain how it works.

I used to see them practice all the time when I was stationed at NAS Pensacola (Naval Air Station) their home base. It was awesome to see them fly over.

I also had the privlaget to meet a few of the pilots while I was there at NASP and they were some of the coolest officers I have ever met.

I watched them perform in October up here in Chattanooga, and I am always impressed when I watch them perform.

One more thing to add to Bretts comment....the Blues will not cancel the show if it is raining. What they will do is a modified show where they do all the low level passes and try to keep everything visible below the clouds. In my opinion that is where the best flying is done. Now if it is a major downpour like TUNERSPLASH, then yes it will be canceled.

AznTraitor
04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Okay let me clear up some things here......First off the Blue Angels are all NAVY and MARINE pilots....the Air Force has the THUNDERBIRDS. Second...now they are not all old men that need ramps to get to the cockpit. Each Pilot has a three year tour with the Blues. I could go into greater detail about that but it would take too long to explain how it works.

I used to see them practice all the time when I was stationed at NAS Pensacola (Naval Air Station) their home base. It was awesome to see them fly over.

I also had the privlaget to meet a few of the pilots while I was there at NASP and they were some of the coolest officers I have ever met.

I watched them perform in October up here in Chattanooga, and I am always impressed when I watch them perform.

One more thing to add to Bretts comment....the Blues will not cancel the show if it is raining. What they will do is a modified show where they do all the low level passes and try to keep everything visible below the clouds. In my opinion that is where the best flying is done. Now if it is a major downpour like TUNERSPLASH, then yes it will be canceled.

he's correct....the blue angel pilots are rotated out every few years and log 1000's of hours before ever doing a live performance.

tony
04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Anyone got any tips for parking?

silver
04-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Anyone got any tips for parking?

Preferably in a parking spot with the white lines that usually you park in between, making one on the left and one on the right, lol.. ( +1 if you can do this coming in sideways without hitting other cars)

I am so joking.. and that was lame, lol but the ajc said that there is parking at white water with a $2 shuttle fee.. other than that I have never been so thats all i know, sorry!

devin
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
BLUE ANGELS FLY TOMMOROW AT 3, I WORK RIGHT NEXT TO DOBBINS AND THEY ARE GONNA BE PRACTICING ALL DAY TODAY, BUT THE SHOW IS TOMMOROW.

joesblk_teg
04-28-2006, 09:55 AM
hell yeah i love those guys, i actually went to the last change of commands for the blue anglels in P-cola because my uncle is a piolet and is good friends with some of the guys, and i have seen them perform many times, always a blast

tony
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I actually was looking for a good spot where I could watch from my truck if anyone has a hookup in that area..

BTLFED
04-28-2006, 11:21 AM
BLUE ANGELS FLY TOMMOROW AT 3, I WORK RIGHT NEXT TO DOBBINS AND THEY ARE GONNA BE PRACTICING ALL DAY TODAY, BUT THE SHOW IS TOMMOROW.

Where right next to Dobbins? I work across the street from there.

dereksi
04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Where right next to Dobbins? I work across the street from there.
Pugmire dealership. And Devin TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK. lol

BTLFED
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Pugmire dealership. And Devin TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK. lol

Man that isn't right next to Dobbins! :lmfao:

dereksi
04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Man that isn't right next to Dobbins! :lmfao:
Its right across the street. Damn dude do you keep a map handy at all times? LOL

BTLFED
04-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Its right across the street. Damn dude do you keep a map handy at all times? LOL

Bitch I work at Nalley Infiniti, so obviously I know the area, puto! Don't make me come to your house and bitch slap you! :slap: :lmfao:

dereksi
04-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Bitch I work at Nalley Infiniti, so obviously I know the area, puto! Don't make me come to your house and bitch slap you! :slap: :lmfao:
:o you do know where I live. LOL

BTLFED
04-28-2006, 11:36 AM
:o you do know where I live. LOL

I know all.