PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ATT Mike....

1civic
04-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Can you tell me what Heads these are ?.... I ask the difference in the other post and you would not answer..So I have this Pic to help you out.. ;)

Clue:The intake valves are different, being lighter and having a thinner valve stem....Also look at the Valve Seats... ;)

I have info and I don't feel I need to post it, But if you think for one minute I can't your wrong....Just tell me what Heads these are and I'll be happy...If you don't know then Please do not delete anymore of my post...Thx.... :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
04-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Why you gonna post up some blurry ass pics of valves for?

1civic
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Why you gonna post up some blurry ass pics of valves for?

It was a Pic offline...Sry... :goodjob:

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
1 is a backcut ITR valve an one is a regular GSR/B16 valve from what i can tell from the blurry pics. hell , with that quality it might be a Chevy 454 for all i know. Valve angles are SLIGHTY different in an ITR head, which is what i said in the other thread. ITRs have a lighter INTAKE valve that is backcut, exhaust valves are the same as GSR. And, like i said BEFORE, the valve throat is .10 bigger in an ITR head vs a GSR an b16 head

still, what does this have to do with the OILING of the bottom end. your stating shit i already know. The VALVE SEATS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OILING OF A BOTTOM END, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SPINNING A ROD BEARING. you said

3) Thats Something you need to look up...REALLY....If I was to explain it you would not understand....CLUE: Valve Guide....lol...

you stated taht a ITR head has different oiling properties, an its in the head, then you said a valve guide has something to do with it, but if you explained it i wouldnt understand. TRY ME. sorry man, if your gonna come on here an say that kinda stuff, you BETTER BACK IT UP. im not calling bullshit, there may be something i dont know, but at least post up some info about it, its not a fucking secret.

Maybe im misunderstanding you, are you trying to say that ITR valve guides an backcut vavles provide better oiling to the bottome end? when did we start talking about head flow characteristics, we were talking about lost oil pressure an spun bearings, what does a head have to do with this? the only thing in the head to cause a disturbance in bottom end oil pressure is the OIL RESTRICTOR in the block.

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Also, ITR valves are NOT the best, i have Ferreas for a reason:
JDM ITR Intake 44.9g
JDM ITR Exhaust 38.4g

JDM B16A Intake 46.2g
JDM B16A Exhaust 41.4g

Ferrea Intake 42.6g
Ferrea Exhaust 37.3g

99SI
04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
I am with Vteckidd in not understanding what a valve guides, the back cut of the valves, and the valve throat have to do with oiling properties and how they attribute to anything having to do with my motor and the failure that I experienced. Hell, I never understood why the comment was made in the first place as it has NOTHING to do with my build other than the fact that I had an ITR oil pump in my car. Please enlighten us.

BTEC
04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
GET EM MIKE!!!! LOL!!!

1civic
04-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I never said it had anything to do with the Bottom end...If I did POST IT....I ask you a Question....You say The B16a is the same as the ITR Its not, thats my Point HERE...There are differences...And Why do you guys get so affended if someone post any info or questions ?... I try not to post BUT sometimes I get tired of people claiming they know everything...We learn something new everyday.. ;) ...By the way on the Pic you can see enough to know what the differences are... :goodjob:

This was copied from the same page as the Pic...In my notes.. ;)

On ITR, the inlet ports are manually ported to increase air-flow. The exhaust ports are identical to B16A. ITR intake valve seats are at a different angle to B16A, 45 degrees vs 60 degrees. The intake valves are also different, being lighter and having a thinner valve stem....

Oh and for the valve stem you would then improve oil flow...In that area...Thats what I was getting at.. :goodjob:

1civic
04-27-2006, 05:42 PM
I am with Vteckidd in not understanding what a valve guides, the back cut of the valves, and the valve throat have to do with oiling properties and how they attribute to anything having to do with my motor and the failure that I experienced. Hell, I never understood why the comment was made in the first place as it has NOTHING to do with my build other than the fact that I had an ITR oil pump in my car. Please enlighten us.

I said what I said because if you had a Oil Pressure gauge you would see the Oil Pressure Fading away...Also if you are going to turn a engine to 9k+ you need to watch Both Oil Pressure and Oil Temp... :goodjob:

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh and for the valve stem you would then improve oil flow...In that area...Thats what I was getting at.. :goodjob:

WRONG, VALVE STEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OIL FLOW in the bottom end. it has EVERYTHING to do with head flow characteristics.

so again, my question to you is, do you honestly think that a vavle stem width an a valve guide have ANYTHING to do with bottom end oil pressure.

the answer is NO

oh an shimming an oil pump doesnt cause cavitation, you need to go read how an oil pump works to figure that one out. its IMPOSSIBLE to cause cavitation by shimming the oil pump

.And Why do you guys get so affended if someone post any info or questions ?... I try not to post BUT sometimes I get tired of people claiming they know everything...We learn something new everyday.

The difference is your posting info that makes no sense. its not something new, its something you cant back up

1civic
04-27-2006, 06:09 PM
And by the way this is a new thread because I ask Mike a Question and he did not answer it....IT has nothing to do with the Bottom End of a motor...Please stay on Topic People.... :goodjob: ..If I feel I need to post in the other thread I will, Thx... :D ...

I think I found a good area that People are unsure of and I feel people should learn a little since alot people think the B16 and ITR heads are the same....The only thing that is the same is the Casting....Honda then felt the needed to Improve on this...I tried to list what changes have been that you may not know about.. :D ..If its still unclear then you may need to go back and search for more info...I don't feel the need to carry on with this...It seems to be a Sore subject... :lmfao: ....Have a Great Day Everyone... :)

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:10 PM
you stated taht a ITR head has different oiling properties, an its in the head, then you said a valve guide has something to do with it, but if you explained it i wouldnt understand.

we were talking about spun bearings an you said i should read up on the ITR , i told you that the OILING properties are the same in the bottom end for ANY VTEC B SERIES MOTOR. then you went off on a tangent about the head, which is where you lost me, like i said , we never were talking about heads, we were talking abuot spun bearings, which has nothin to do with a ITR head, valve guides, or valve throat or valve stem

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:12 PM
And by the way this is a new thread because I ask Mike a Question and he did not answer it....IT has nothing to do with the Bottom End of a motor...Please stay on Topic People.... :goodjob: ..If I feel I need to post in the other thread I will, Thx... :D ...

DID YOU MISS IT:

1 is a backcut ITR valve an one is a regular GSR/B16 valve from what i can tell from the blurry pics. hell , with that quality it might be a Chevy 454 for all i know. Valve angles are SLIGHTY different in an ITR head, which is what i said in the other thread. ITRs have a lighter INTAKE valve that is backcut, exhaust valves are the same as GSR. And, like i said BEFORE, the valve throat is .10 bigger in an ITR head vs a GSR an b16 head

I answered the question. i know about the valve angles, i know about the valves, i know about the cams, this is all old stuff man.

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I said what I said because if you had a Oil Pressure gauge you would see the Oil Pressure Fading away...Also if you are going to turn a engine to 9k+ you need to watch Both Oil Pressure and Oil Temp... :goodjob:

when you are driving, you dont watch the gauges, you watch the road. in the middle of a pull, by the time your oil psi gauge reads LOW, its too late

256 degrees is way too hot for oil temp in a honda motor anyway, i dont know where you came up with that number from

1civic
04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
WRONG, VALVE STEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OIL FLOW in the bottom end. it has EVERYTHING to do with head flow characteristics.

so again, my question to you is, do you honestly think that a vavle stem width an a valve guide have ANYTHING to do with bottom end oil pressure.

the answer is NO

oh an shimming an oil pump doesnt cause cavitation, you need to go read how an oil pump works to figure that one out. its IMPOSSIBLE to cause cavitation by shimming the oil pump

The difference is your posting info that makes no sense. its not something new, its something you cant back up

Your Off Topic Mike.......What Heads are those..... :D

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
i already posted the answer, i cant tell what HEAD they belong in

but i said one looks like a backcut ITR valve the other is a standard VTEC valve

1civic
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
when you are driving, you dont watch the gauges, you watch the road. in the middle of a pull, by the time your oil psi gauge reads LOW, its too late

256 degrees is way too hot for oil temp in a honda motor anyway, i dont know where you came up with that number from

You don't ever Record your runs....WOW...So you have no clue what happen when you got done racing....I must say if any drag racer doesn't look at a run after the fact they will never know what to change... :confused:

And as far as Oil Temp How the Hell would you know...YOU DONT HAVE A GAUGE... :lmfao: ....Really it depends on the Oil... :goodjob:

1civic
04-27-2006, 06:22 PM
i already posted the answer, i cant tell what HEAD they belong in

but i said one looks like a backcut ITR valve the other is a standard VTEC valve

The Heads are the Type R and B16.... :goodjob:

1civic
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Its Been fun But I got to Run.....The Thread is done Because I gave the answer to you...Thx and have a Great Day..... :goodjob:

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:27 PM
You don't ever Record your runs....WOW...So you have no clue what happen when you got done racing....I must say if any drag racer doesn't look at a run after the fact they will never know what to change... :confused:

And as far as Oil Temp How the Hell would you know...YOU DONT HAVE A GAUGE... :lmfao: ....Really it depends on the Oil... :goodjob:

no i dont record or datalog my runs, its still a street car. Plus i have over 175 dyno pulls so i know what it makes. i could if i wanted to, but datalogging only tells you certain things.

A track would tell me my 60ft, my ET. thats all you need to run faster. I know the properties of oil an what oil i run in my car, thats how i know that 265 is too hot.

Vteckidd
04-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Its Been fun But I got to Run.....The Thread is done Because I gave the answer to you...Thx and have a Great Day..... :goodjob:
HAHA

you didnt give me any answer, as far as i see im the only one posting relevant info that wasnt already posted before

good day