PDA

View Full Version : poll: need or planning on body work?

fight club
04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
this is a poll im puttin up for my brother. he is a painter, whose been in the business for 14 years or so and is thinking about opening up a body shop. he has alot of custom work under his belt, does excellent work, and is wondering if there is a demand for it. I AM NOT IN ANY WAY TRYING TO ADVERTISE FOR HIM, this is more of a demand poll. mods, if there is a problem here, please pm me with material needed changed.

fight club
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
vote please!

tony
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Market research, very cool :goodjob:

Always happy to help out anyone looking to start their own business, tell your brother I said good luck.

fight club
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
gracias will do.

Bishop
04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
i voted only once...but its really more than that. I do all my own work so didnt kow what to put lol.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
i know alot of people that'd be interested in the area. i myself need a nismo wing prepped and painted for my 350z, as well as STi spare front bumper that has some scratches that i'd like to fix/paint.

good luck to your bro, i think he would do good.. specially if he did something to attract the "tuner" ricer crowd

fight club
04-26-2006, 05:45 PM
yea, its still in the consideration stage right now, and he called me and asked me who i knew needing work, so i decided to push the idea, as i think its been long over due with him, and do some market research.

Bishop
04-26-2006, 05:52 PM
just alittle FYI...most money is made in collision repair. That shit hapens everyday. Custom work will not bring in as much money....the longer the car sits at your shop, the less money you will make. Also, starting out as a custom shop is hard because people dont know what quality your work is and will find it hard to pay that much money for something they dont even know how it will turn out.

fight club
04-26-2006, 05:55 PM
it wouldnt be a custom shop.
it would be a full service body shop. as in collision repairs and custom. body kits. pretty much anything. sorry if original post said that.

Bishop
04-26-2006, 05:59 PM
it wouldnt be a custom shop.
it would be a full service body shop. as in collision repairs and custom. body kits. pretty much anything. sorry if original post said that.
ah ok. All you said was that he had alot of custom work under his belt...

Then looks like he knows what hes doing lol. Where would he plan on having the shop?

fight club
04-26-2006, 06:12 PM
yea hes worked at dealerships etc and done all that so he really knows his stuff.about location, as of right now hes just discussing the idea, i know hes looked at a few places. idk where he wants it.