PDA

View Full Version : horns are made for honking!

lightspeed
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Why is it that assholes in the south get all pissy when you honk the horn at them for doing something stupid?
So here I am, driving down holcomb bridge, and this dumb asshole is coming to a stop in front of me, in the left lane of traffic (not the turn lane, although there is one,) getting ready to turn left across traffic. There is no car in front of him in the turn lane...he just decides he needs to stop right there to turn. So, I honk the horn for him to get moving out the driving lane. In typical Atlanta fashion, his first response is to honk back at me (why people do that I have no idea.) Then down comes his window, and a shaking fist emerges. So, of course, I feel required now to return the gesture, as well as issue some choice profanities.
This happens regulary...even when doing something as basic as honking at someone who sits at a green light after it turns.
Anyway, why the fuck do shitheads do this kind of stuff? I travel and drive a lot up north and out west, and people actually use their horns constructively in those places to warn people (or speed them up/get them going,) and its a normal, accepted part of driving. What gives with the people here?

Wurm
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
i dont think cars should have horns. Most of the drivers on the road do not know the right time to use them because mainly due to the fact that they are impatient pricks

CSquared
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
lol try driving a delivery truck in new york city.

You say people do it a lot up north... you have no idea.

The Golden Child
04-26-2006, 09:41 AM
shit you know i heard prolly like 3 honks here in atlanta since i lived here ..
and ive been here since july 04 .. very odd like they dont know what it is or something ..
in ny shit i used to here a honk every 0.05 seconds ..

The Golden Child
04-26-2006, 09:42 AM
lol try driving a delivery truck in new york city.

You say people do it a lot up north... you have no idea.

yah know shit its a every second thing in ny ..
with the unlimited amount of cursing and sticking yah finga at them ..
i miss that alot .. lolz

kelly marie
04-26-2006, 10:07 AM
oooo i like the people who are in the far left/right lane and stop traffic three rows across... so they can get over where they need to be.. lol just freakin go to the next light and swing a u-ie.. dumbasses.. and then they wonder why you honk at them..

ShooterMcGavin
04-26-2006, 10:13 AM
must be southern hospitality down here :D seriously though up north or hell, in shanghai, you here more horns than car engines :P

kelly marie
04-26-2006, 10:17 AM
ya im from MD/DC so horns are the weaksauce.. lol we like finger gestures.. but i have tamed my ways down here... :(