PDA

View Full Version : anyone still downloading music

DaMaGe ZWK
04-25-2006, 12:53 PM
you need to check your program and make sure your not sharing music.... read this article.... people in rockmart got sued...

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7495.cfm

TeeJay
04-25-2006, 12:54 PM
pwnt.

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Fuck RIAA lol.

threehundred
04-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, fuck them. I will pirate til i die

PSINXS
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
sued ppl without a computer. what retards

v3rd1g0
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
let my stickers i have explain it all:

HAHAHAHA I JUST ACTUALLY READ THAT ARTICLE!!! STUPID ASS RIAA!!!

TeeJay
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
thats like bringing stevie wonder to the witness stand...pointless

ATK_Designs
04-25-2006, 02:19 PM
That's fucking dumb.

Btw, anyone heard that the RIAA is trying to make it illegal to rip your original CD to MP3 and transfer to your Ipods or other MP3 players?

SOHC MONSTER
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
That's fucking dumb.

Btw, anyone heard that the RIAA is trying to make it illegal to rip your original CD to MP3 and transfer to your Ipods or other MP3 players?

WYF!? Are you serious? What a bunch of choads! :2up:

DaMaGe ZWK
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
That's fucking dumb.

yeah i heard about that stupid shit... its getting out of hand

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
lol it's never a good thing when you recieve a email with "Notice of Copyright Infringement" in the subject heh. Damn... busted again lol, 3rd time so far and it's always for the shitty cam quality movies.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
^^^ :confused:

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 05:11 PM
^^^ :confused:

Apparently they saw me downloading V for vendetta earlier in the month and reported it to my ISP, just a warning this time tho... But I say yet again, F U RIAA lol

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 05:13 PM
who is ur isp if u don't mind me asking?

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Charter currently. I was caught on Comcast before, and they did the same thing "We ask that you take immediate action to remove the infringing material from your computer and stop its exchange." Funny thing is I deleted it the same night I downloaded it lol...

CSquared
04-25-2006, 05:33 PM
This music shit is getting rediculous. I dont know how many other people on this board play instruments and have experience with mxtabs.net, but they are a free website that lets people transcribe and post simplified sheet music. From there anyone can jump on the site, find a transcribed song from their favorite artist, and learn it on guitar bass or drums.

Anyway... Mxtabs was actually shut down about 3-4 months ago, i think as result of a lawsuit against them. It was down until just recently, and finally came back online a couple of days/weeks ago. Whatever representatives from the industry tried to say that this took away from the revenue of companies that produced real sheet music... and that the owners of the site should be jailed... Meanwhile it is a free mother fucking service... they are doing the music industry a favor in spawing future artists.

To that and the ban on filesharing i say... bullshit.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Charter currently. I was caught on Comcast before, and they did the same thing "We ask that you take immediate action to remove the infringing material from your computer and stop its exchange." Funny thing is I deleted it the same night I downloaded it lol...

well that's good to know, that they give u a warning and whatnot. funny though, a friend of mine lives over in smyrna and uses charter and d/l music and movies like a mofo, don't think he's ever gotten anything.

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
well that's good to know, that they give u a warning and whatnot. funny though, a friend of mine lives over in smyrna and uses charter and d/l music and movies like a mofo, don't think he's ever gotten anything.

Ya, it's hit and miss. This is the first time I've got caught using bittorrent, the other 2 times were from Kazaa (which I no longer use)