PDA

View Full Version : Suwanee to begin issuing warnings at second light

SNapper
04-25-2006, 04:33 AM

Warnings begin today at the second red-light camera enforcement system in Suwanee.

The cameras will be activated at the intersection of Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road and Satellite Boulevard, but citations won’t be issued until May 23.

For those caught running the red light after the monthlong warning period, $70 tickets will be issued in the mail.
link (http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_article_id=14166&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

fight club
04-25-2006, 04:36 AM
oh snap!!!

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Well, I must say that its seemed to stop folks over on Windy Hill/Cobb Pkwy. I'm scared to even go under the light when it's yellow now heh. I still see the occasional person try it, so I just sit there and laugh thinking they'll be recievin' a ticket in the mail heh.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 08:29 AM
yeah i got hit by that bitch one time now i either stop or get my ass in that intersection while it's yellow :D

silver
04-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, I must say that its seemed to stop folks over on Windy Hill/Cobb Pkwy. I'm scared to even go under the light when it's yellow now heh. I still see the occasional person try it, so I just sit there and laugh thinking they'll be recievin' a ticket in the mail heh.

Shit I get scared to go under them when they are green, lol..

{X}Echo419
04-25-2006, 08:47 AM
these Red light camreas are BULL SHIT revenue boosters. the city of Duluth raised $1 million last year on 1 camera. and ya know what those cameras are leased by the city not owned! they don't stop people from running lights, they just make it profitable for the city. you watch! when other cities(countys) see how much $$$ these cameras are making they'll wind up EVERYWHERE!!! Greedy Gov't officals are work for yo...themselves!
got got 1 for .34 sec red! THAT'S NOT EVEN A WHOLE SECOND!!!! WTF!!! :2up:

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 09:14 AM
actually they do stop ppl.....so much so in fact that there have been many accidents all across the country where someone would slam on their brakes at the first sign of a yellow light and cause ppl behind them to rear end them. actually heard of ppl suing the city/municipality and gettin some of them to be removed from service.

trythefly
04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up I was wondering when that cam was being activated.

I hate driving through those intersections!

carrascopa
04-25-2006, 09:44 AM
good info to know.. thanks for sharing

Ruiner
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Fucking awesome. Hopefully it will stop a few assholes from running redlights. The same fucking type of assholes that run redlights and kill people...like me. Fuck 'em. If you run redlights, you deserve what is coming to you.

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:48 AM
ruiner, is that what caused ur wreck in the vr4?

ProjectWidow
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
There is another one on Peachtree Industrial and McGinnis Ferry

Ruiner
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
ruiner, is that what caused ur wreck in the vr4?

Yep, some 17-18 year old high school dropout fucktard ran a redlight in a 17ft box truck at 60mph.

silver
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Fucking awesome. Hopefully it will stop a few assholes from running redlights. The same fucking type of assholes that run redlights and kill people...like me. Fuck 'em. If you run redlights, you deserve what is coming to you.

I know the one at Windy Hill and Cobb Pkwy has helped trumendusly already.. I rarely see any accidents there like i used to... I remember when you would always get caught up there cause of a pretty nasty wreck almost everytime you would go through there.. now not so much it seems

That was considered one of the deadliest intersections wasn't it?? Is it still?

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:55 AM
damn ruiner, i saw the pics but i never knew what happened. im glad u made it out, cuz otherwise id have noones porsche to look up too LOL.

Wurm
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
good thing i never go anywhere near that area

SNapper
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
i'm just starting to feal like the cops can see us anywhere. which isn't always bad but sometimes i like to not be seen you know.