PDA

View Full Version : Asking a favor.

fight club
04-25-2006, 02:13 AM
this is gonna get flamed but here we go.
this summer i am looking to buy either an evo or an sti. i have driven an evo and i like it very much. i however, cannot ever get to test drive an sti. sog refuses because im not 21. so i come to ia.com for help. i was wondering if anyone with an sti, would be willing to let me test drive it, if i pay for some gas?

B16a2 Civic
04-25-2006, 07:19 AM
bump

Hulud
04-25-2006, 07:21 AM
http://www.neopax.com/asatru/mxh/flame0.jpg

Nemesis
04-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Dont get an EVO. last thing we need is another fuckin evo owner. Fuck evo owners and their 1203847293874928734 lbs of boost. Damn those cocky Evo owners and their small peni' !!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH matey lol

dodgekota
04-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Dont get an EVO. last thing we need is another fuckin evo owner. Fuck evo owners and their 1203847293874928734 lbs of boost. Damn those cocky Evo owners and their small peni' !!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH matey lol

:lmfao:

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 08:16 AM
The evo maybe a tad bit faster... but I'd still prefer an STI lol. Just can't stand the way Evo's/Lancers look heh...

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 08:24 AM
like'em both, although the sound of a scooby is very classic :)

fight club
04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
well see, ive been obsessed with wrx's since i got into cars, 5 yrs ago, but ive still only really driven one, an 02 at some shit dealer, and i didnt like how it steered, but i think it was just that one, but it seems no dealer will let me test drive, well no subie dealer. i know the reason and i understand it but damn its frustraiiting.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
can't u go somewhere else? or find one on autotrader or something for a used one that's at a nonsubie dealership?

{X}Echo419
04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
if you're under 21 how are you gonna get a car like that? just curious.

Brett
04-25-2006, 09:17 AM
If you wanna drive something with some raw animal power, I can let you take out my civic :D

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:18 AM
because im starting working full time in three weeks. i have no other financial obligations. i have already made the calculations and financial planning with my friend who has a masters in accounting. it will take sacrifices and a strong commitment to make the payments, but its do able.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
If you wanna drive something with some raw animal power, I can let you take out my civic :D

see i think he's lookin for like raw cheetah power.......and you're providing that raw hamster power, just a little bit of difference :lmfao: j/k brett

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:20 AM

HAHA see, how can i pass that up? when and where, maybe if i can hit 60, we can through open the doors and take flight? J/P. i got mad respect for your civic, you sure youd allow me to chance a road chip in the paint?

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:21 AM
ive been looking at dealers just to get a warrenty on top of the factory, and most are at scooby dealerships, the other was a carmax, and they were just rude, so i filed a complaint :)

Brett
04-25-2006, 09:27 AM
HAHA see, how can i pass that up? when and where, maybe if i can hit 60, we can through open the doors and take flight? J/P. i got mad respect for your civic, you sure youd allow me to chance a road chip in the paint?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Brett
04-25-2006, 09:27 AM
see i think he's lookin for like raw cheetah power.......and you're providing that raw hamster power, just a little bit of difference :lmfao: j/k brett

My bad, I didnt know what animal he was lookin for, thanks for the heads up!! :lmfao:

ct9a gsr
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Get a STi, Evo's suck.

fight club
04-25-2006, 09:52 AM
hahahahah see, if your serious, im sold on an sti, as you have one of the nicest "lancers" on here dont ya?

Wurm
04-25-2006, 10:00 AM
so basically you are never gonna have cash on you cause of the car.lol that funny i did that before I hated it though

fight club
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
no ill have cash on me. ill just have a car payment to make so i cant blatently spend my money as i have in the past.

FDslider
04-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Fuck an Evo and their god damned eclipse motors. 4G63 is a bad-ass motor, but there is just something "gay" about it. Maybe it is the owners that make me think that? Plus, I have ALWAYS been a Subie fan, get a WRX or an STi.

DSM = Dick Sucking Men

ct9a gsr
04-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Its cheaper to make a STi produce more power than an Evo now... wasn't the case a year ago.

The STi block, apparently, can handle more power than the Evo block.

The STi has half a litre more displacement... which equates to a shit-ton more torque on bigger turbos and faster spool.

The STi drivetrain seems naturally stronger and less prone to break.

The STi has a nicer interior and gauge cluster, minus the seats.

Despite all of the above... the Evo out-performs the STi in every catagorey once you move on up the ladder of modifications and cover every base needed. Not to mention the 4g63's been proven countless times to be the most powerful 4cylinder in the world.

Just giving you my opinions from experience.

B16a2 Civic
04-25-2006, 11:21 AM
ct9a with teh facts!!

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
damn, now i really wouldn't know which one to get :D

PSINXS
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
The evo maybe a tad bit faster... but I'd still prefer an STI lol. Just can't stand the way Evo's/Lancers look heh...
sti is faster in a straight line all day long stock for stock.

i've driven both because my friend and his brother have them. I love the STi. i got to really beat on each car and i just appreciate taht torque that the STi has. plus i spun all 4 on the launch and i like the way you can adjust the differential making it more of a RWD acting car

HyPer50
04-25-2006, 11:35 AM

i've driven both because my friend and his brother have them. I love the STi. i got to really beat on each car and i just appreciate taht torque that the STi has. plus i spun all 4 on the launch and i like the way you can adjust the differential making it more of a RWD acting car

Hmmm thougth I remembered seeing a car and driver where the Evo nudged out the STi in both straight line and in the slalom just barely, guess I was mistaken (wouldn't suprise me) anyways, my opinion still stands, I'd definatly go with the STi regardless of which one is faster stock for stock... Just me and my personal vendetta for Mitsu's and there horrible resale value haha.. Plus the STi wins big time in the looks department IMO.

ct9a gsr

An Evo IX with a good driver will embarass a '03 - '06 STi in a straight line. I'm not a big fan of bench racing... however, how many STi's ran 12.8's stock? There's several IX's on EvoM w/ timeslips doing it, stock. =]

dereksi
you can test drive my sti minus the T. lol

v3rd1g0
04-25-2006, 12:17 PM
you should go up to sog, pull out some cash and be like "look i'm a serious buyer now let me test drive this SOB" money talks....

ct9a gsr
04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
you should go up to sog, pull out some cash and be like "look i'm a serious buyer now let me test drive this SOB" money talks....

Its funny... when I was in the market for my car, I was denied a test-drive of an Evo at every single dealership that had one... even if I offered to let 'em pull my credit 'n what not...

However, I was able to drive a STi at literally every dealership I tried without hesitation... including SoG.

dereksi
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I dont get it why wouldnt anybody be able to test drive an evo or sti? If your over 21 why wouldnt they let you?

BABY J
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
well see, ive been obsessed with wrx's since i got into cars, 5 yrs ago, but ive still only really driven one, an 02 at some shit dealer, and i didnt like how it steered, but i think it was just that one, but it seems no dealer will let me test drive, well no subie dealer. i know the reason and i understand it but damn its frustraiiting.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=y&bkms=1145985778306&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=SUB&model=IMPREZ&make2=sel_one&start_year=2002&end_year=2005&min_price=&max_price=&max_mileage=&distance=25&address=30274&engine=&fuel=&drive=&transmission=&doors=&color=&x=128&y=10

Call him up...

BABY J
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Its funny... when I was in the market for my car, I was denied a test-drive of an Evo at every single dealership that had one... even if I offered to let 'em pull my credit 'n what not...

However, I was able to drive a STi at literally every dealership I tried without hesitation... including SoG.

The reason why is SALES> the EVO outsold the STI like a muu phuccka, we will not get into which one is the best, we'd be here all day. So they did not have to let every1 test drive them b/c sales were not hurting. W/ sales lower than expected, the SUBE dealers had to be more leanient and allow people the test drive. I test drove them both, never had to pull credit... but like you, I was able to test drive the STI more times than I was the EVO.

fight club
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
well aparently, SoG had an accident where soem 17 yr old was allowed to test drive one, ran a redlight, and totalled the car, not to mention almost killed the salesman. just what i was told by a friend who works there. but who knows, they prolly just dont like lil white kids LOL.

BLk92DA
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
u can always test drive my car and give me a full tank of gas =]

fight club
04-25-2006, 01:02 PM
LOL, so i get to drive to civics and an integra, instead of an sti, today is my lucky day!

{X}Echo419
04-25-2006, 01:06 PM

or after you get it go by the dealer and be like, "should've let me drive 1 douch bag!" :lmfao:

fight club
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
hahah i actually plan on doing that

:)

fight club
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
im gonna go back by there this weekend
they have one i wanna look at. black n gold, 20k miles

PSINXS
04-25-2006, 01:37 PM
An Evo IX with a good driver will embarass a '03 - '06 STi in a straight line. I'm not a big fan of bench racing... however, how many STi's ran 12.8's stock? There's several IX's on EvoM w/ timeslips doing it, stock. =]
i just ssumed he meant 8. not many can afford the almost 50k 9 lol

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:08 AM
i know on top gear the evo 8 and sti ran a quarter and evo came out on top....

RandomGuy
04-26-2006, 05:19 AM
When i used to have an evo, I didn't like the way it pulled, Which is why i sold it and bought the STI that i wrecked :( Now I'm stuck with the starion

fight club
04-26-2006, 11:08 AM
well i took one out from a dealership that had suspension work done and it went in and out on 85 very smoothly, pulled hard too. plus, the few grand saved could be mod money lol.

PSINXS
04-26-2006, 11:25 AM
i know on top gear the evo 8 and sti ran a quarter and evo came out on top....
thats not an american evo 8. more than likely it was onf the FQ models that can anywhere from 300-400hp. they made fq400s, fq300s, and an fq350 i believe.

fight club
04-26-2006, 11:27 AM
oh idk bout all that, ill check the video, its on google LOL i could of swore they said like 276 hp so thatd make it the american.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 11:29 AM
this is gonna get flamed but here we go.
this summer i am looking to buy either an evo or an sti. i have driven an evo and i like it very much. i however, cannot ever get to test drive an sti. sog refuses because im not 21. so i come to ia.com for help. i was wondering if anyone with an sti, would be willing to let me test drive it, if i pay for some gas?

once im not running stupid rich and do not need to replace plugs every few thousand miles, you can drive mine.. however mine isnt stock.

i know people @ SOG, so let me know i can possibly go with you on my day off.

btw.. i strongly recommend STi over Evo. but thats just my :2cents:

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 11:33 AM
4g63's been proven countless times to be the most powerful 4cylinder in the world.

HA!... right.... might be the 4 cyl with the most crank walk in the world. hehehehe lol

STi > evo.

if you want to sit here and argue magazine 1/4 times.. thats retarded.

in the real world the STi is the obvious winner in straight line stock for stock the only disadvantages are handling for the STi.. however it is not hard to get an STi to handle better.. alot of people like to add front strut bar (Evo has it from factory.. cause it needs it :jerkit: hehehehe @ charlie) front and rear sway bars and the friendlier and easier the car becomes to oversteer to your everyday newbie. however.. yes.. alot of people will say the evo hands down handles better.. i think (like tiff neidell of TOP GEAR) that the STi just requires a more experienced more aggressive driver.. Tiff chooses STi.. and so do i. a much more masculine car with alot more grunt stock or modded. end of story.

like he said.. the evo would be the muscular guy that wakes up in the morning looks at his arms and says "what did they put in my pills?????!!!!"

the STi is the natural guy that says "thats it fucker.. me and you outside right nOW!!"

fight club
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
haha, thanks will! well, im thinking that if the sti doesnt handle as well, i might get a 05 wrx, do the tranny swap, and just do a few add ons to get to the power level. anyone know bout the tranny swap and difficulty price? will, you still havent told me what resturant you own/work at dammit!

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
haha, thanks will! well, im thinking that if the sti doesnt handle as well, i might get a 05 wrx, do the tranny swap, and just do a few add ons to get to the power level. anyone know bout the tranny swap and difficulty price? will, you still havent told me what resturant you own/work at dammit!

STi tranny (vers. 8+) will definately be over 6grand but shoult mount in relatively easy. i honestly think the STi is well worth it, you get alot of extras that are way over priced or too rare to get elsewhere.

guage cluster, Seats (suck. but much better than the WRX seats), suspension, HID's, DCCD, bbs wheels.. and much more

ct9a gsr
04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
The STi in the Top Gear video referenced to was the EJ20 STi, not the EJ25. The evo in the video has the same motor setup as the USDM 4g63's.

The STi would actually be for the muscular guy that's not already driving a f-body... someone who wants the torque and muscle-car-like feel from a 4-cylinder and someone who thinks that half-litre more on top of the Evo gives them the true advantage.

The Evo would be for the smart, quiet, skinny guy who just smiles as he swings his car through turns 1-handed or across a 1/4mi with ease while giggling to himself watching the muscular guy pound his STi's steering wheel senseless in the rear view mirror.

The WRX pales in comparison to either car... almost as cool as buying a v6 f-body. ^.^

fight club
04-26-2006, 12:08 PM
hahah, so the swap is out of question cuz for 5 grand thats the extra for an sti.
and charles, skinny people cant drive stis? what kind of discrimination is that!?!?!?!
and im gonna find the vid. be right back.

fight club
04-26-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiCUdJhm4FE

fight club
04-26-2006, 12:20 PM
not the vid i was looking for so im assuming charles it right dammit. good vid tho.

ct9a gsr
04-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I've never seen that video... but I'm sure that's the EJ25 STi in that video. Notice how he also feels that the STi is more of a muscle-car feel and the Evo's more nimble/agile.

=]

fight club
04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
lol he pissed me off, damn JEREMY TO HELL. that fucking haughty bastard, did you hear him, did you? he taunts me in the video. sitting in the sti and says and i quote
"take a test drive, honestly take a test drive"

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 01:07 PM
i cant look at the vid, but if its in the UK and thats jeremy Clarkson driving it .. im afraid that STi has the EJ20 motor.. the EJ25 is even more impressive.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:14 PM
its in scottland, and its an 05, does it still have an ej20? all i know is it has the intercooler sprayer and that its a wrx sti type uk.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_01.jpg
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_12.jpg
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_04.jpg

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 01:16 PM
its in scottland, and its an 05, does it still have an ej20? all i know is it has the intercooler sprayer and that its a wrx sti type uk.

yep, i beleive its an ej20

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:19 PM
hmmmm, with a 6spd too, wonder the cost of sourcing LOL.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 01:20 PM
look at this interior.. i love it
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_02.jpg

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
hmmmm, with a 6spd too, wonder the cost of sourcing LOL.

i beleive after the 22b style gen, all STi's are 6spd.

2.0civic
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
because im starting working full time in three weeks. i have no other financial obligations. i have already made the calculations and financial planning with my friend who has a masters in accounting. it will take sacrifices and a strong commitment to make the payments, but its do able.

have you also considered insurance on this?? Even with me haveing drivers ed and defensive driving, my insurance (LIABILTY) was going to be over 4k every 6 months. thats with only 1 ticket ever and this was before i got that ticket

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:30 PM
3500 a year.

tony
04-26-2006, 01:30 PM
If I still had my STi I'd surely let you drive it. Which carmax did you go to? I know a saleman at carmax and I'm very sure he'd let you drive one if he does have one on the lot.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:31 PM
that interior is hotness, i kinda like the ecutek sitting in the center tho.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:32 PM
tony, it was the carmax in lilburn. the car is gone now tho. :(

.blank cd
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM
3500 a year.

what insurance company are you with?

tony
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
tony, it was the carmax in lilburn. the car is gone now tho. :(

You know.. I dont see what the big deal is. I understand on one level but I went through that with my G35, I could not get a test drive for shit because I was 23 and I was ready to pay cash. Same went for an Evo and the STi within the past two years, I'd tend to think dealers can tell the difference between someone looking for a joy ride and a serious sell.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
yea, its def my age. at carmax he was asking me what i looked for a payment, and i said after cash down id want around 375 a month. he looked at some chart and said ti woudl be 400. so i go, well i think i can manage the other 25 bux since i make 1200/mnth of EXPENDABLE income (not bad for my age). he took a step back, and asked what i did. LOL, i think he thought i was drug dealer and might stab him.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM
insurance= allstate, but my family has had a policy with them for like 14 years, and weve all attended actual advanced driving school.

ShooterMcGavin
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_01.jpg
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_12.jpg
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/images/victor_04.jpg

scooby dooby doo! that car is sexay :goodjob:

Kevykev
04-26-2006, 01:51 PM
they prolly just dont like lil white kids LOL.

It's cause you're black man! I mean, i know you're skin is white n all but still.

fight club
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
HAHAHAHA too true.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
that interior is hotness, i kinda like the ecutek sitting in the center tho.

fuck ecutek, AP Protuner fo lyfe

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:01 PM
haha

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
fuck ecutek, AP Protuner fo lyfe

does ap offer 2 seperate maps?

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
The STi in the Top Gear video referenced to was the EJ20 STi, not the EJ25. The evo in the video has the same motor setup as the USDM 4g63's.

The STi would actually be for the muscular guy that's not already driving a f-body... someone who wants the torque and muscle-car-like feel from a 4-cylinder and someone who thinks that half-litre more on top of the Evo gives them the true advantage.

The Evo would be for the smart, quiet, skinny guy who just smiles as he swings his car through turns 1-handed or across a 1/4mi with ease while giggling to himself watching the muscular guy pound his STi's steering wheel senseless in the rear view mirror.

The WRX pales in comparison to either car... almost as cool as buying a v6 f-body. ^.^

ha.. right. please charlie..

oh yes.. Cherry...

i forgot to mention, stock clutch/tcase/tranny/axle issues with the EVo.. lots of them.

STi's drivetrain is described as bulletproof

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:07 PM
will, whats the hp/tq difference between urs and a stock one? any other work done to it?

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
will, whats the hp/tq difference between urs and a stock one? any other work done to it?

i beleive stock STi's dyno around 240awhp/240awtq. i dynoed @ 301awhp/317awtq

im on upgraded injectors with the stg 2 Cobb maps.. runs car a bit too rich, it practically roasts other cars bumpers that ride behind me.. its nasty, waiting for more income to do FPred/FPgreen, meth, tune.

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
i c. you still havent said ur resturant. but i have clues. its in duluth. and a mexican resturant. not to many there.....

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
i c. you still havent said ur resturant. but i have clues. its in duluth. and a mexican resturant. not to many there.....

what?.. there are a shit load of them, dos copas, las colimas, mi mexico, el porton, los cabos, la paz, Antigua.. i can keep going

hahaha PM me for info

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:11 PM
haha sorry, i should of added ::heavy sarcasm:: to that.

ct9a gsr
04-26-2006, 02:19 PM

oh yes.. Cherry...

i forgot to mention, stock clutch/tcase/tranny/axle issues with the EVo.. lots of them.

I'm on stock tcase, tranny, and axles... and clutch is a given that you'll have to change with any higher power car. Granted, I have problems shifting at high rpms with the stock tranny... but then again, I'm shifting a hell of a lot higher than a stock Evo does too.

In the end though, get a STi. I don't like seeing many Evo's on the road. =]

Dragonfly5338
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM

oh yes.. Cherry...

LOL!!!!!!! And STis NEVER break axles when they make power? Launching high AWD hp cars = broken axles, Will. *coughGENYAcough*. Almost all the STis are coming in for clutches now, too. Evo trannies start having problems around 500whp (And honestly, how many people drive around with those #s?). BUT if you blow an Evo tranny it's 1100 dollars to rebuild yours AND get it built up. Subaru - try 4k COST just for the tranny, and another 5-6 to build it.

Stock for stock they're about even, with each car nudging the other out in different areas. To get to around 300-330whp the cars are about even again, before it was much easier with the Evo, but prices seem to have gotten much cheaper for STi parts. You're going to have to replace a clutch on the Evo, but to get over 330whp on the STi you're going to have to swap turbos, so it's about even there.

The cars are truely so similar, that it comes down to which aspect of the car you like the best. People are so gung-ho evo or gung-ho STi that they tend to bias their information on the car, hehe. I have an Evo that I drive EVERY DAY, literally. I have no other car. My boyfriend has an STi that he drives EVERY DAY. Neither of us have had any major problems, and we're both over 400 to the wheels (Or 450+ in his case). Just drive both cars and see which one clicks with you. My :2cents:

And don't listen to Will, he's so jaded against Evos that everything he says is biased, hahhaa.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
LOL!!!!!!! And STis NEVER break axles when they make power? Launching high AWD hp cars = broken axles, Will. *coughGENYAcough*. Almost all the STis are coming in for clutches now, too. Evo trannies start having problems around 500whp (And honestly, how many people drive around with those #s?). BUT if you blow an Evo tranny it's 1100 dollars to rebuild yours AND get it built up. Subaru - try 4k COST just for the tranny, and another 5-6 to build it.

Stock for stock they're about even, with each car nudging the other out in different areas. To get to around 300-330whp the cars are about even again, before it was much easier with the Evo, but prices seem to have gotten much cheaper for STi parts. You're going to have to replace a clutch on the Evo, but to get over 330whp on the STi you're going to have to swap turbos, so it's about even there.

The cars are truely so similar, that it comes down to which aspect of the car you like the best. People are so gung-ho evo or gung-ho STi that they tend to bias their information on the car, hehe. I have an Evo that I drive EVERY DAY, literally. I have no other car. My boyfriend has an STi that he drives EVERY DAY. Neither of us have had any major problems, and we're both over 400 to the wheels (Or 450+ in his case). Just drive both cars and see which one clicks with you. My :2cents:

And don't listen to Will, he's so jaded against Evos that everything he says is biased, hahhaa.

we had an EVO smartass!!!

i've had alot of friends with evo's who have just had ridiculous problems, tho stock.. still had problems with dealers and warranties. its retarded.

the Sti drivetrain is by far superior. admit it.. OR GTFO of thread VAL!!!!!

I HATE YOU, DIE YOU STUPID FUCKER!!!!!!
http://home.comcast.net/~dailyshow/MachineGunKitty.gif

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
yea,obviously charles and will both have personal experience to draw from, as do u val, and so thats why i posted it up. i honestly like both cars, i just have yet to drive an sti, so i dont know how it sits with me. since will is "letting me drive" someone should get charles to let me drive so i can truely compare the cars as tuned cars LOL.

ct9a gsr
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
yea,obviously charles and will both have personal experience to draw from, as do u val, and so thats why i posted it up. i honestly like both cars, i just have yet to drive an sti, so i dont know how it sits with me. since will is "letting me drive" someone should get charles to let me drive so i can truely compare the cars as tuned cars LOL.

EL OH EL

I have no idea what tricks Will has up his sleeves for the STi... but... my car feels nothing like a stock-turbo Evo should feel. For a better comparison, go drive a *stock* Evo IX and a BPU STi... that's more fair of a comparison. ^.^

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:34 PM
EL OH EL

I have no idea what tricks Will has up his sleeves for the STi... but... my car feels nothing like a stock-turbo Evo should feel. For a better comparison, go drive a *stock* Evo IX and a BPU STi... that's more fair of a comparison. ^.^

wtf.. are you serious?.. zeek just raped a evo9 MR in a bolt on 350z.. EL OH ELollerskates

fight club
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
hahaahah, buyt those dont have methonol! :)

ct9a gsr
04-26-2006, 02:40 PM
bolt-on STi vs *stock* IX through turns = EL OH ELOLLERBATE

btw, I was there and have footage of those runs vs that kid.

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
hahaahah, buyt those dont have methonol! :)

yes.. but charles claims an evo IX is comparable to a BPU STi he's nuts
the STi is faster than an EVO IX in a straight line in the real world.

I took a evo 9 mr on the highway from a 40 kick to 130mph had 4 cars and pulling. (it was somewhat a even race from 40-70.. after 70mph.. No chance in hell, and yes.. this WAS in the 350z)

as well as video. (and yes.. charles was @ BP) where Zeek.. (350z who is a bit slower than mine) took a evo9MR pretty well on the highway.. so unless the evo9mr is all of a sudden capable of minus 4 second 0-60 times, and can constantly pull 1.5 60's.. i really dont see wtf charles is talking about..

oh yeah.. charles.. DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!
http://home.comcast.net/~dailyshow/MachineGunKitty.gif

Dragonfly5338
04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
as well as video. (and yes.. charles was @ BP) where Zeek.. (350z who is a bit slower than mine) took a evo9MR pretty well on the highway.. so unless the evo9mr is all of a sudden capable of minus 4 second 0-60 times, and can constantly pull 1.5 60's.. i really dont see wtf charles is talking about..

How can his be slower if he runs nearly half a second faster in the 1/4 than you? :D

<3!!!

fight club
04-26-2006, 07:08 PM
oh noes.....drama!