PDA

View Full Version : Misc GA State People..

silver
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I tried to do a search on GSU in this forum but it wouldn't let me, lol.. I know there is a thread probably in here somewhere but I couldn't find it, lol

Anyways, I was wondering.. How hard is it to get in to GSU. I looked on their website so yeah I got that info but I was just wondering from people first hand what you had to go through to get accepted.

I have never applied for a bigger college, just Chattahoochee Tech. And all I have done there is a few of the core classes. Plus I have my GED. Has anyone here been accepted and only had their GED? What are the requirements if any different with that? Any info would help a bunch..

I am kinda going into this not really knowing what I am doing and I don't want to mess it up. I need to go somewhere with my life and I am really interested in getting a degree to become an RN and I really am getting excited about this and want it to work in my favor. So any help, helps, lol!!

Stitch
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I graduated from there and all you need is a pulse to get in

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
be nice.. they don't ANYONE with a pulse...

but, since the school has a $10 million dollar deficiet.. they'll gladly take anyone due to the enrollment being down and so forth

silver
04-24-2006, 03:30 PM
So it's easy to get in then? lol Last I checked I had a pulse, lol

ClipseGST
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I highly doubt that GSU has a 10 million dollar deficit. GaState recieves so much outside funding it's rediculous. Them dumb fucks even known a couple of space telescopes in hawaii.

ironchef
04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Yea the ga state president rolls around in a 911 turbo and a 300-400k a year salary. They definitely dont have a deficit.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I highly doubt that GSU has a 10 million dollar deficit. GaState recieves so much outside funding it's rediculous. Them dumb fucks even known a couple of space telescopes in hawaii.

nah, they really do have a deficit.. my professor was talking about that shit the other day..

but the president of Ga state makes DAMN NEAR A MIL a year.. the had a whole story about that shit lastyear.. and he's like at the top of the most paid University Presidents either in ga or the nation

Ludester
04-25-2006, 12:21 PM

Also in Colorado too.

silver
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
K guys that's great.. but that doesnt tell me anything about anyones experience getting into the school, hahaha..

ClipseGST
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I had a 3.3 when I graduated from high school so I got in w/ ease. But if you're GPA is above a 2.0 in college w/ atleast 30 hours, you shouldn't have any problem getting into any State school in georgia.

SampaGuy
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
i got accepted for freshmen year undergraduate, coming from a high school. 660 sat math, 580 verbal, 530 writing, 3.2 gpa

aero1116
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
You have to suck at life to not get accepted at GSU.

CSquared
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
I got accepted out of perimeter with 40-something credits and a 3.0 gpa. Click prospective students on the main page. If you have less than 30 college creds you are a freshmen. Below should be all the informaion you need.

love,
Chris

http://www.gsu.edu/6151.html All the different catagories
http://www.gsu.edu/6120.html Freshmen
http://www.gsu.edu/6121.html transfer

Stitch
04-25-2006, 06:07 PM
The requirements are easy to get in, but the people that work there are idiots and they lose everything so stay on top of them with follow ups

v3rd1g0
04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
people said it was easy to get into KSU as well..... i am one of the few that got rejected.... after that i said screw trying gsu so i choose spsu haha

sebastianHoff
04-26-2006, 09:47 PM
they would let an ape go to the school if he could afford to pay tuition. they do have a deficit, the peopl who work there do suck at life, and you should seriously consider going someplace else. as we speak im trying to get my transcripts so i can finally get to nrth ga. i was on the fone for an hr cause my goslower password doesnt work anymore and the guy kept sayin thats the only way i could get my transcripts. i hate those fuckers so much.

ClipseGST
04-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't let what the professors tell you fool you. Patton is an alumni for my fraternity. If you're thinking a budget deficit in the aspect that they are spending more this year than they are bringing in, that's correct. But they have very substantial reserves account. Just like UGA & Tech. Gotta think about all of the things they have their hands in. Research... Business... Finance... and Risk Management... I heard this from Patton himself.

sebastianHoff
04-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Don't let what the professors tell you fool you. Patton is an alumni for my fraternity. If you're thinking a budget deficit in the aspect that they are spending more this year than they are bringing in, that's correct. But they have very substantial reserves account. Just like UGA & Tech. Gotta think about all of the things they have their hands in. Research... Business... Finance... and Risk Management... I heard this from Patton himself.

do not listen to the propaganda spewed forth by this tool of the patriciate. the proletariat must rise up and over throw the elitist bourgeoisie's, so that paradise may be achived by all! :crazy:

on a more seriuos note, do think maybe patton was tryin to put the best face on a bad situation that he is in part responsible for? (honest to God not tryin to bust your ass)

ClipseGST
04-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Who know's, but he has to be doing something if he's one of the highest paid presidents in the country. As long as my tuition doesn't go up to Emory levels, I'm cool w/ whatever.

Sledlude
04-27-2006, 05:44 AM
^^ word. but fuck GSU right now, I'm up typing a lab report. its 7 in the fucking mornig and i have a final at 2.

ironchef
04-27-2006, 07:19 AM
^^ word. but fuck GSU right now, I'm up typing a lab report. its 7 in the fucking mornig and i have a final at 2.I got a 6 page paper due at 1ish, and i got 1 paragraph so far lolol.

silver
04-27-2006, 07:55 AM
they would let an ape go to the school if he could afford to pay tuition. they do have a deficit, the peopl who work there do suck at life, and you should seriously consider going someplace else. as we speak im trying to get my transcripts so i can finally get to nrth ga. i was on the fone for an hr cause my goslower password doesnt work anymore and the guy kept sayin thats the only way i could get my transcripts. i hate those fuckers so much.

Well I will be trying to get my RN, so I don't really have that many choices considering I want to go to an accredited school and only certain schools offer the RN degree. I have heard that GSU does have a good nursing program though. And I think from what I read that I have to get accepted into GSU to enter the program but its actually a school through GSU??

I am at chattahoochee tech right now and their program is only an LPN which is a waste of time cause I make more now than LPN's do, lol

ClipseGST
04-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Georgia State has a very good Nursing program. Alot of scholarships and grants are out there for it's program. They just recieved a couple of million dollars towards the program.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
shit, I'm glad I'll be GONE before that new grading system takes effect and w/d bs...

thank goodness

ClipseGST
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
When ya graduating?

CSquared
04-28-2006, 05:17 PM
what new grading system... I'm starting there in the fall.

ironchef
04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Theyre changing from just giving out a, b, c, d, or f's to a, a-, b+, b, b- etc etc.

ClipseGST
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
So ya better watch out for those asshole teachers!! Most won't even give you a - or a +. Luckily I'll be finished w/ my accountings by then!!! Dumb shifffftttt.....

ironchef
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
there is no a+ at all. Theyre dicking us by only allowing a or a-, but thats all up to the professor though.

Sledlude
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
^^ thats fucked up...

on a side note... does anyone know if/when the chemistry department is open tomorrow

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-28-2006, 08:42 PM
AUG 6th beetches..

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
oh yeah.. on a side note too.. I was at Turner Field today.. someone drives a like a late model 240sx like 90's style... gray paint... RHD... nismo black seats and red harnesses.. from Chatham county.. its nice..

anyone know who that is? parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME.. in the huge ass lot on a FRI... coincidence? wonder if its a true RHD or just a front clip..

and has anyone seen the "si blue" 240 , like 96ish with the GTR back end?

ironchef
04-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Whats your opinion on parking at turner field? Me and some friends were thinking about carpooling and parking at turner field for free. the car would be there from around 930ish-430ish. Do we have anything to worry about?

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Whats your opinion on parking at turner field? Me and some friends were thinking about carpooling and parking at turner field for free. the car would be there from around 930ish-430ish. Do we have anything to worry about?

turner field is GREAT.. since they opened the whole parking lot this semester parking is ABUNDANT and since they re lined it too.. the only thing you'd have to worry about is when you get there and leave... the buses will BE PACKED.... but its only like a 10 min. ride.. I wouldn't worry..

another thing.. you'll have to make sure you know when the braves play at home and what time... or you could get ticketed/towed.... those days your car has to be out there at a specific time.. like night games your car has to be out by like 4:45pm..

LiL PaKi
04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
turner field is GREAT.. since they opened the whole parking lot this semester parking is ABUNDANT and since they re lined it too.. the only thing you'd have to worry about is when you get there and leave... the buses will BE PACKED.... but its only like a 10 min. ride.. I wouldn't worry..

another thing.. you'll have to make sure you know when the braves play at home and what time... or you could get ticketed/towed.... those days your car has to be out there at a specific time.. like night games your car has to be out by like 4:45pm..

I don't like the new allignment of the parking lot.. :( pisses me off.. but not hatin.. its free parking... if u don't feel like gettin on the bus its only like a 15min walk :)

ClipseGST
04-29-2006, 01:06 PM
You guys and ladies know you can park @ the REC center for free right? :) heh....

ironchef
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Really? wheres the rec center parking lot?

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-29-2006, 05:38 PM
You guys and ladies know you can park @ the REC center for free right? :) heh....

huh? what? stop playing...

discuss!

ClipseGST
04-30-2006, 07:31 AM
You'll have to PM me for the info. I won't put out GaState's flaws like that... I've been parking for free since freshman year :) heh...

Jdm94Coupe
04-30-2006, 09:05 PM
im a freshman at VSU(valdosta state) and i will have 35 hours and im tryna figure out what my gpa needs to be exactly to be sure that ima get in...anybody know from experience or sumn what my minimal gpa should be?

Jdm94coupe's girlfriend... :)

ironchef
04-30-2006, 09:13 PM
To get into state? Um if youre transferring probably like a 2.0 or something. State will mostly take anybody haha.

sebastianHoff
04-30-2006, 11:31 PM
have they finished registration down there yet? i need to get my transcripits sometime in the next two weeks and im just curious how big a hassle its gonna be.

btw: what everday i come down if some of yall want to go over to underground, i'll buy you poor souls a round.

CSquared
04-30-2006, 11:51 PM
To get into state? Um if youre transferring probably like a 2.0 or something. State will mostly take anybody haha.

2.5 according to the website... which i posted earlier in the thread.

http://www.gsu.edu/6121.html

ironchef
05-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Higher then I thought, but thats still not bad, unlike uga its 3.2 if you only have 30 hours.