PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions: Should i drive in AMS may 6th?

Kalifornia087
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok. I've had one person (HiPsI, Who knows what he's talking about as far as i know about drifting) say i'd be ok at AMS. However, a few others have said it's just going to be all high speed.
Circumstances:

-It's My First Track Event. I have been doing it on the street when i can find nice spots (not something i do when people are around, i actually do it pretty responsibly so please don't think im just a punk hitting crowded intersections.. IM NOT)

-My Car Is Stock: It's a 1988 Mazda Rx7 GTU. It has LSD, and ok stock suspension. Motor is Stock minus a cone air filter.

-If i come down, i may not be able to slide 3rd gear. HiPsI mentioned i won't have to. Anyone else want to chime in?

- *I MIGHT Have Some suspension work before the event. Haven't decided if i want Ground control Coilovers and some stock replacement struts OR the Racing Beat Suspension Kit that comes w/ RB lowering springs (1" drop and 20% stiffer), And Front and Rear Sway Bars with mounting hardware included.
-RAcing Beat PAckage: $430
-GC coilovers:$350 + 25 shipping= $375. But add Shocks.

So not much more. With the suspension i wouldn't be worried about the event, BUT i might now have it. Feel Free to Chime in. Ultimately i may just enter anyway and see what happens. But if it's going to be next to impossible, i may stray away. I have the money ready for the event, I just don't know quite yet. I really want to meet some of the local drifters!

-Austin

Marty
04-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Seat time is seat time.

down_shift
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Go ahead and enter. You probably won't place but that doesn't matter. You'll be better than when you started. Like Marty said seat time is seat time. See you out there.

Kalifornia087
04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I slept on it. Im There. Hopefully i can meet some of you guys at the event, i got to get to know more of the local drifters!

Thanks Guys

-Austin

Kalifornia087
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I paid today. Im in.

aaronfelipe
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I paid today. Im in.
:goodjob:
Can't wait to see how it goes.

Ran
05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Dammit...more competition. :mad:

JFWY. See you out there man. Good luck! :goodjob:

Kalifornia087
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks good luck to you also! I hope to see you out there, i need to meet more local drifters!! My new clutch is being broken in all day today, my friend is driving it around all day since im leaving for work in half an hour.

-Austin

CodyW
05-05-2006, 04:13 PM
good to see you signed up. just becasue a course is high speed capable doesn't mean you have to go through it that fast. if you don't feel comforatable, slow down to something in 2nd and just initiate there. getting into a real event is so much more helpful than sliding on the streets too, i can assure you you'll learn a ton more this way. good luck tomorrow, and see you out there!

Kalifornia087
05-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I Went. I had More fun Than i Can Type About.

-Austin

HiPSI
05-06-2006, 08:21 PM

-Austin

good to meet you today man. i could tell you were having plenty of fun out there ;).

A.P. Photography
05-06-2006, 08:55 PM

-Austin
Not to bad for your first time out. :goodjob:

Erin, Great job again today man. Some of your runs were awesome.

SO who won?

Kalifornia087
05-06-2006, 09:21 PM
good to meet you today man. i could tell you were having plenty of fun out there ;).

Yeah man it was good to meet you as well. And yes.. I had a remarkably good time!! it was awesome!!

Oh and Adam won. with the red Turbo first gen rx7.

Can't wait until Drift Fury!!

Im out, im running on 2.5 hours of sleep. I almost ran off I85 like 10 million times on the way home LoL.

-Austin

A.P. Photography
05-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Austin,

Thought you might like this. :goodjob:

Dominic49
05-06-2006, 10:23 PM
great job today!

nice pic teg

down_shift
05-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Glad you made it out. You looked like you were pciking things up fast out there.

HiPSI
05-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Erin, Great job again today man. Some of your runs were awesome.

i'm gonna toss a few vids in the video forum, in case anyone wants to check in there in a bit.

Kalifornia087
05-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Glad you made it out. You looked like you were pciking things up fast out there.

Thanks man, im hoping to work on improving all summer, starting with the next drift fury in June!

Austin,

Thought you might like this. :goodjob:

Thanks a lot man, i love it!!

-Austin