PDA

View Full Version : Immigration reform needed

metalman
04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Once there were immigrants that came through Ellis Island. Some of my own ancestors were among them. They wanted to learn English. They wanted to breathe free and live in our society. They wanted to become Americans. My own grandmother taught herself english. I thought she had been an english teacher until I grew up then she told me she only had a third grade education. Now too many immigrants come here with demands. They demand to be taught in their own language. They demand special privileges and affirmative action. They demand special ethnic studies that glorify their culture.

I say if you want come to America come the legal way and how about becoming an American, how about taking the time and effort to learn english, embrace everything that is good about America. How about embracing our culture! If you don't want to do that how about staying at home in your own country, culture & crappy third world economy so those of us that do like America can continue enjoying it.

SampaGuy
04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
ummm shut up idiot

Jay0022
04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
That was what I was thinking, thank you plv

The Golden Child
04-23-2006, 10:49 PM
do us a favor and go kill yourself ..
ive been in the US since i was 2 and a half ..
my lil brother was born in 86 in the US ..
ill be filing to become a citizen in about 3 years ..
so that way i can have 4 years of tax return ..
people like you dont deserve to breathe the same air as us non us citizens or us citizens ..

metalman
04-24-2006, 08:43 AM
ummm shut up idiot

That was what I was thinking, thank you plv

Wow! Such intelligent inciteful responses :jerkit: You two comprise quite a braintrust...your families must be proud.

yudalicious
04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
do us a favor and go kill yourself ..
ive been in the US since i was 2 and a half ..
my lil brother was born in 86 in the US ..
ill be filing to become a citizen in about 3 years ..
so that way i can have 4 years of tax return ..
people like you dont deserve to breathe the same air as us non us citizens or us citizens ..

at least the OP made a post that had a legible opinion...

BABY J
04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
What was wrong w/ this thread? I thought it was pretty good unless I missed something(?).

blacknightteg
04-24-2006, 10:27 AM
yeah me 2, it was just an opinionative thread

BABY J
04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe PLV and J are illegal and took offense to it.

blacknightteg
04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
maybe they should get a green card

BABY J
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
LOL

MachNU
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
lol i agree with yall to, i did see anythign wrong with his post, other thanhe is saying what everyone is saying that he doesnt understand why everyone comes here illegally and wants the freedoms that legal citizens work for! :dunno:

The Golden Child
04-24-2006, 10:52 AM
at least the OP made a post that had a legible opinion...

yea i agree i was just being a dick about it ..

The Golden Child
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
i dont see anything wrong with the opinion i was just being a dick about it ..
yea if you wanna stay do it legally and whatever else you need to do to have legal status in the us ..

4dmin
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Now too many immigrants come here with demands. They demand to be taught in their own language. They demand special privileges and affirmative action. They demand special ethnic studies that glorify their culture.

i find this funny myself... your ILLEGAL... well that means you have NO RIGHTS; that includes freedom of speech and right to protest :goodjob:

BABY J
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
EXACTLY!!! They barely got the right to NOT be in jail, they need to let that do.

metalman
04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
i find this funny myself... your ILLEGAL... well that means you have NO RIGHTS; that includes freedom of speech and right to protest :goodjob:

This is true. If I went to say Russia and demanded that my kids be taught free in school, in english, free medical care, began protesting on the street and demanded that I should receive 'preferential treatment' of any kind they would give just that to me...I would be preferentialy dropped into the nearest gulag or kicked the hell out.

I am all for basic human rights and treating people humanely. Immigration in and of itself isnt a bad thing, its how most of us got here. As you say, Its just ridiculous that some feel they have rights they arent entitled to.

SampaGuy
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
you're just another redneck who never been in another country and completely ignores globalization. globalization is coming and u cant hide! guess what your grandchildren are probably going to have to learn the metric system (oh no!). then in another few decades all nations will have the same currency and then eventually we will all speak the same language. its inevitable, and you cant stop it. but for right now, why should someone not be allowed to practice their own culture? as long as everything is legal i dont see why not. should mexicans not be allowed to have pride of their country (i see mexican flags on cars all the time). why dont u make a new law saying u can only come in if you are overweight, eat fast food, waste shit around, play video games all day as a kid and take everything for granted, is that what u really want? haha

SampaGuy
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM

he said IMMIGRANT. not once did he mention anything about illegalimmigrants on the first post. but just like in that other thread, u go straight to racism.

if all the mexicans that are here were legal, u would still complain "mexicans are taking over" or some shit like that, all based on your racism, but it seems like its ok to be racist against mexicans or any illegals here in america since they dont have rights.

SampaGuy
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
This is true. If I went to say Russia and demanded that my kids be taught free in school, in english, free medical care, began protesting on the street and demanded that I should receive 'preferential treatment' of any kind they would give just that to me...I would be preferentialy dropped into the nearest gulag or kicked the hell out.

so the mexicans demand school, demand health care, and demand "preferential treatment" ? actually its just the government being generous, they dont demand anything because they cant. the U.S. government is human, so they help the illegal out. thank god people like you are not in power.

2.0civic
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
this is funny because poeple want to say metalman has never been to another country, when he openly says he is russian...funny. but yes, reform is needed. if you arent legal, you do NOT have a right to first amendment given to citizens of the US.

SampaGuy
04-24-2006, 08:35 PM
if he is russian he is probably that guy that thinkfast beat up ahaha

plus if his ancestors came from russia and became american citizens, that doesnt make him russian one bit, he lost all his culture, probably has no pride, doesnt speak language, etc.

Jay0022
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I was born here which gives me every right to say what I want & no blacknightteg dont need a damn greencard.I know a lot of people (friends & family) that are trying to be come a citizen. This process takes a long time...its not just over night. I just get mad when people talk like they know what needs to be done to get a citizenship and the cost.

metalman
04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
you're just another redneck who never been in another country and completely ignores globalization.

Again you show your incredible 'genius'. :jerkit:
You don't know me or anything about me.

if all the mexicans that are here were legal, u would still complain "mexicans are taking over" or some shit like that, all based on your racism, but it seems like its ok to be racist against mexicans or any illegals here in america since they dont have rights.

Obviously you know nothing about racism if you equate statements in this thread to it...again not a big surprise.
Other then basic human rights, Rights in ANY country are for the CITIZENS of THAT country...not illegals from ANY other country.

Fact is, America cannot continue to take in all the world as a charity case. To do so will destroy her. It must be controlled. Obviously this matters little to people like you. It DOES matter to me...and others here as well.

SampaGuy
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
stop being selfish, its not like u get to choose where u are born, etc.. all the things posted in the other 20 threads about this same subject..

metalman
04-25-2006, 03:17 PM
stop being selfish,

Geeze, :rolleyes: its not about being "selfish"..its about being smart so that the good ole USA can continue to be the best place in the world.

A good friend of mine who was once brainwashed into joining the hitler youth when he was only 12 or 13 put it this way..."America is the best thing that ever happened to me, I am so thankful to be an American. I hate to think what would have come of me had there not been an America".
He came here the LEGAL way, despite the difficulty and obstacles. When he arrived in America he could speak only german and had about $2 to his name. Without "demanding" anything or any special consideration he learned english and got a job. He might speak with an accent but he worked as a successful salesman utilizing only his english for an American corporation for many years. He raised a family here and remains a loyal citizen to this day. Thats the way immigration is SUPPOSED to work.

yudalicious
04-25-2006, 03:59 PM
if you come into a country illegally, you should be aware that you will probably be giving up certain rights. true, the legal immigration process is long and painstaking, but this is not an ideal world, america simply can't accept anyone who wants to come. coming into any country illegally and then complaining about not having enough rights is just plain dumb.

Sthrnba711
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
There has to be something done about the illegal immigrants that are in America. Our country is handing out education, medical treatment, and money for people that are here illegally and its all free to them thanks to the tax payers of America. If you want to live in this country then you should become a citizen the correct way and not try and cheat the system. A few weeks ago hundreds of thousands of legal and illegal mexicans protested in several cities across the country demanding that they have rights and that they should be citizens just because they are here. Whats dumb is that a lot of them showed up to the protest with Mexican flags and shirts on, and when they arrived the people heading the protest took the flags and shirts and gave them US stuff. I mean come on, how dumb can you be. If you want to be an American then learn the language, pay your taxes, and dont try to cheat the system. No other country in the world helps illegals as much as we do and does so much to conform to their needs instead of the other way around.

BORICUACIVICR
04-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Blah,blah,blah,blah.blah!

JMagic21824
04-27-2006, 05:02 PM
stop being selfish, its not like u get to choose where u are born, etc.. all the things posted in the other 20 threads about this same subject..

Selfish, eh? So just leave the keys in your car and let someone steal it, show everyone how 'generous' you can be, as a matter of fact, let's do away with all laws, I mean, it's so selfish to have rules saying what you can and cannot do. You can't choose where you are born... so I guess you can't choose to obey the laws either? :thinking: