PDA

View Full Version : Hahah @ barrett pkwy

Julio
04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
You know I was just thinking.. Ive been in GA since 96 and never in my life Have I "cruised" this area with the rest of the ricers. I have been in this area during the day for a show or something.. But never in my life to cruise at night and race or show off.

Just wondering how in the world have this happened? atleast to make fun of it or something.. But never. I used to go to the Big Chicken.. thats as close though..

Any other person on here ?

Wurm
04-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah I never go up there. I see no point and wasting a hour drive to just goto barret parkway and watch the rice bandits play

DreamerTheresa
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
People still go up there?

The Green Monster
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
i wouldn't know, i'm only up there cuz i have friends who live off barrett, or it's easier to get to someones house just drivin down barrett...other than that...you're pretty much just waiting to get a ticket for driving a "rice car"...although I've seen some cops do some drifts in their Crown Vics...which kinda pissed me off, but oh well

Kevykev
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Never either!

Hulud
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
never have, never will

i only goto barrett for food and bestbuy

HyPer50
04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah I never go up there. I see no point and wasting a hour drive to just goto barret parkway and watch the rice bandits play

mines the exact opposite, i live next to barrett, so if i'm bored, i go out there and just try and have some fun. although no offense to you guys, but from what I've seen of some of the other regular weekly meeting places, i dont see much if any difference, aside from less cars, and maybe a few less idiots... but i still see posts all the time "who was the moron at varsity spinnin' tires" or "who is the target drift wannabe?" stupid shit happens wherever, i'll just keep going to the place closest to my house until I've got a real reason not to.

Master Shake
04-23-2006, 04:19 PM
barrett prkwy isn't too bad.....if you catch it on a good night then its worth goin out there to kick it a little bit and whatnot. but i guess it only in what interests you.

SampaGuy
04-23-2006, 04:23 PM
mines the exact opposite, i live next to barrett, so if i'm bored, i go out there and just try and have some fun. although no offense to you guys, but from what I've seen of some of the other regular weekly meeting places, i dont see much if any difference, aside from less cars, and maybe a few less idiots... but i still see posts all the time "who was the moron at varsity spinnin' tires" or "who is the target drift wannabe?" stupid shit happens wherever, i'll just keep going to the place closest to my house until I've got a real reason not to.

yep the varsity is the same exact shit. only meet worth going to is North Point

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I've been car cruising since 1990 and I've been to Big Chicken countless times when that was a spot to go to. But I've never known anyone to actually go there and like it or say anything cool about it. I've always tried to tell people NOT to go there. Barrett has always and will always be known as the shit place to go. Later, QD.

1439/2000
04-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Just as much rice at an Import Atlanta meet as there is on Barrett. Sometimes there's nice stuff out. But I rarely go up there now because I'd rather eat or go see a movie.

Julio
04-23-2006, 05:49 PM

funny you say that.. Ive been to the Varsity 2 times. Target like 20 times.. dead serious.

CopyRight
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
You know I was just thinking.. Ive been in GA since 96 and never in my life Have I "cruised" this area with the rest of the ricers. I have been in this area during the day for a show or something.. But never in my life to cruise at night and race or show off.

Just wondering how in the world have this happened? atleast to make fun of it or something.. But never. I used to go to the Big Chicken.. thats as close though..

right on, at least big chicken meets were fun and more diverse with cars....it just started sucking when the bikers were acting a fool, and the younger kids started getting faster cars and fucking it up for everyone.

PSINXS
04-23-2006, 05:54 PM
i've been twice. both nights uneventful except for hanging with charles and kevin.

GsrTurbo320
04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Varsity meet is the only meet ill go to now.

SOHC MONSTER
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM

I agree :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2006, 06:30 PM

And you're not even wanted there. Later, QD.

GsrTurbo320
04-23-2006, 06:30 PM
And you're not even wanted there. Later, QD.

:2up: E.A.D & D.I.A.F Fucker Face.

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Fucker Face.

Fucker Face? That sounds what a little child would say when he's hiding behind his mommy's house with a friend and he just learned how to cuss. Does that describe how it was this afternoon? Later, QD.

Repost Squintz
04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
LMAO qdizzle ownage

{X}Echo419
04-24-2006, 06:50 AM
....Just wondering how in the world have this happened? atleast to make fun of it or something.. But never. I used to go to the Big Chicken.. thats as close though..

there are about 6 Highschools near by... nuff said

BABY J
04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
LOL. I guess for me it's different... FUCK the cars. I mean don't get me wrong, I love cars. But to me the scene was always about PEOPLE. I like te V meet b/c you can really NOT cruise... you basically GOTTA get out and talk to people. I have never been to Barret, but I assume that it's a true "cruise" and not really a post-up joint right? And I also assume that NP is a chill spot and not really a "cruise" spot. If so, I could do NP (never have though). When I had my race team in SC (Team Velo) and when I was part of another team (Team Rush), we voted in PEOPLE, not cars. Guess what, who cares if you ran 9s but you're a dick? Ya know? I'd to check out a NP meet though. But it's DEF a hop in comparison to the V. I live on the southside but don't really mind driving.

AtifSajid
04-24-2006, 08:38 AM

I have never been on Barrett except one time when I went to go eat dinner at my wifes friends house. Was like a year ago.