PDA

View Full Version : Misc Vick vows to return to his old self

TeeJay
04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2415730
I think this is a good sign, considering I've only seen Vick win 1 game in which he threw for a bunch of yards. Heres to 1,000 rushing yds in 06!!! :cheers:

HyPer50
04-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Definatly lookin forward to the season to start.

TeeJay
04-21-2006, 08:57 PM
i can always count on you to talk sports with me man, while everybody else is whorin it up

mp5o
04-22-2006, 12:48 AM
If he can play like that, and stay healthy.... The falcons got a hella good chance of being successful.

HyPer50
04-22-2006, 07:26 AM
If he can play like that, and stay healthy.... The falcons got a hella good chance of being successful.

Thats the biggest AND lol.. I mean I dont think there is anyone out there who can argue that when healthy and able to do his thing, nobody can come close to Vick in threat... So ya, if he is able to play as he is able to/and SHOULD play then yes, we've got an extremely good chance of being succesful... it's just a matter of keeping him healthy... but ya can't just keep him bottled up like they tried to do a few times last year, MV forced (by design) to stay in the pocket is just like a sitting duck, totally out of his domain.

Anyways, between the much upgraded D, Vick comin' back healthy, and it just being a rebound year from last season... I can't wait heh, gonna have to delete some of last seasons games on the TiVo to make room for the new ones heh... except for the Eagles game, I'm keepin' that one saved forever.

TeeJay
04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
I can't wait heh, gonna have to delete some of last seasons games on the TiVo to make room for the new ones heh... except for the Eagles game, I'm keepin' that one saved forever.
i was at that game man, absolute insanity. after that game, i just knew it was gonna be a great year...look how that turned out lol.

TallGuy
04-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I like Vick and i think he's a great player but id like to see Schaub play.

Hulud
04-24-2006, 12:19 AM
as soon as he does hes gonna get injured

HyPer50
04-24-2006, 12:33 AM
as soon as he does hes gonna get injured

No quicker than he would if he was forced to stand in the pocket heh. He's more accurate on the run and alot harder to hit than when he's just standing there looking for someone to open up heh...

Hulud
04-24-2006, 12:39 AM
No quicker than he would if he was forced to stand in the pocket heh. He's more accurate on the run and alot harder to hit than when he's just standing there looking for someone to open up heh...
i know i was just posting to get rid of QD's stupid "CHECK THIS OUT" threads

HyPer50
04-24-2006, 12:51 AM
i know i was just posting to get rid of QD's stupid "CHECK THIS OUT" threads

haha ya, that shit has been there all day.

Hulud
04-24-2006, 01:57 AM
haha ya, that shit has been there all day.
lol, i know, someone had to put an end to taht shit

ClipseGST
04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Vick needs to become a wide reciever, he's too injury prone to be a quarterback. And with the increasing amount of faster defensivemenfrom the NCAA. Then he has the accuracy of a BB gun. He's fast and has a nice arm, but no vision like many other QB's. I honestly think they should allow schaub to play. The guy is a future superstar in the NFL. Kinda how the Falcons had Brett Favre but traded him.... DUMBASS's... so hopefully they'll let him play.

A.P. Photography
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I am tired of hearing about Vic, lets talk about the Cheerleaders :tongue:

Naw I agree, if Vic can stay healthy and do what he normally does and they have some receivers that can actually catch and hold onto the ball, Falcons will have a great season.

TeeJay
04-24-2006, 09:04 AM
I honestly think they should allow schaub to play. The guy is a future superstar in the NFL.
and what would make you think this?? the fact that he has good games in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd string defenses, or the one game he started and LOST?

Brett
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Besides Vick's knee not being 100% last year, The other biggest issue was the media. They got into his head. He allowed them to put in his head he should play a way that he wasnt wanting to play, They turned him into a quaterback that would stay in the pocket and you would even see him second guess himself on the field. You would see him have a wide open shot to run, youd see him start to do i, then stop, second guess it and get either sacked or make bad throws instead. He this year has been able to get his head staright, realize he needs to play HIS GAME and HIS WAY. They have been in camp training for the past 6 weeks, he is 100% in health and mind and has been trowing to his new recievers and I think he and the team will come out very strong minded this year. You will see the Vick we saw in his first season, Confident and taking chances, thats what makes him a threat.

HyPer50
04-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Vick needs to become a wide reciever, he's too injury prone to be a quarterback. And with the increasing amount of faster defensivemenfrom the NCAA. Then he has the accuracy of a BB gun. He's fast and has a nice arm, but no vision like many other QB's. I honestly think they should allow schaub to play. The guy is a future superstar in the NFL. Kinda how the Falcons had Brett Favre but traded him.... DUMBASS's... so hopefully they'll let him play.

I'm glad they don't make you a coach.. Yes, Schaub may have some promise, but to say he should start AHEAD of Michael Vick is just insane... Vick is one of the top 3 COMPLETE qb's in the league and without a doubt the most dangerous player in the game if played right... ya, lets start a BACKUP over him..

And on a side note, Favre would never have eclpsed had Glanville not released him... While he was with the Falcons he was a worthless drunk, getting fired/traded helped him straighten up, and then being matched with best coach for QB's ever, Mike Holmgren just increased his skill... So while we lost a future star back then, he never would of been a star had we kept him.

Brett
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm glad they don't make you a coach.. Yes, Schaub may have some promise, but to say he should start AHEAD of Michael Vick is just insane... Vick is one of the top 3 COMPLETE qb's in the league and without a doubt the most dangerous player in the game if played right... ya, lets start a BACKUP over him..

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

ClipseGST
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Lol... right. I'm not saying that Vick isn't a good quarterback because he is but at the same time, he isn't a complete quarterback in my honest opinion. Can Micheal Vick look at a defense and see what's coming? No... Is he proactive or reactive in his QB'ing? Reactive.

Yea, Schaub hasn't had an opportunity to play and show his true talent, but from what I have seen with him. He's done a good job. He has promise to be a good quarterback if he gets the opportunity. That's why the falcons won't let him go as alot of teams are trying to get Schaub.

I hope Vick has a good year, but he's too injury prone. Needs some milk and cookies or something... They'll eventually give Schaub the opportunity to show his talents. Let's hope it's not when Vick is hurt...