PDA

View Full Version : Oil turns higher, hits record above $74

Brett
04-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Oil turns higher, hits record above $74
Inventory worries linger; keeping an eye on Iran, new front-month contract.
April 21, 2006: 11:39 AM EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - Oil prices turned higher and hit a record above $74 in New York Friday on fresh worries over Iran's nuclear program and Nigeria's supply outages.

U.S. oil for June delivery rose as high as $74.15 a barrel, a record for a front-month contract, and stood at $73.95, up 26 cents at midday on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The May contract expired on Thursday at $71.95.

London Brent also turned up and rose 34 cents to $73.54, after touching a record of $74.22 on Thursday.

U.S. oil has rallied around $12 this year on supply concerns and as investment funds plough billions of dollars into commodities. Profit-taking also took hold in precious metals markets on Friday.

A war of words between Iran and the West over Tehran's resolve to continue its nuclear program have triggered concern that oil supplies could be disrupted from the world's fourth biggest exporter.

OPEC powerless
Members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries were set to meet informally in Qatar on the sidelines of discussions between energy consumers and producers.

But several OPEC ministers have said there is little more the group can do to bring down high prices as it is already pumping at near full capacity.

"OPEC can deal with issues it can control but... we can't do anything about the politics in the world," said Algerian Oil Minister Chakib Khelil.

He said oil markets were well-supplied and crude inventories high, so any action to increase output would only be a gesture.

"The market would see through that. If we do something, it has to be credible. Why should we hide the truth?" he said.

OPEC has pumped 29.9 million barrels per day (bpd) so far in April, up 100,000 bpd from March, tanker-tracking consultancy Petrologistics said on Friday.

Prices hit fresh highs this week after U.S. gasoline stocks slumped to nearly 5 percent below levels this time last year.

While stocks fell, demand increased. Gasoline consumption in the world's largest consumer was up 0.8 percent on the year.

aaronfelipe
04-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I know I heard about it today its crazy. I hate it.

A.P. Photography
04-21-2006, 11:59 AM
*heads to out to buy motorcycle*

aaronfelipe
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
*heads to out to buy motorcycle*
You are a smart person .

Brett
04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
if I buy a bike a car will kill me, If I drive the car, Gas prices will kill me.. Either way.... IM FUCKED!! :lmfao:

2.0civic
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM
if I buy a bike a car will kill me, If I drive the car, Gas prices will kill me.. Either way.... IM FUCKED!! :lmfao:

yup!! very true. i was close to getting a r6 pretty cheap from a buddy i work with who has a late 80's gsxr (1100 i think). he laid the gsx down and needed a down payment on a car and was selling his r6 for 2500 but assholes around here cant drive

JMagic21824
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM

So so true! :goodjob:

HyPer50
04-27-2006, 05:00 PM
For the millionth time, 40+mpg mirage for sale here, $2500, runs perfect, BUY THE FUCKING CAR SO I CAN PUT A MOTOR IN THE MUSTANG!

BlackEj6
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
yup!! very true. i was close to getting a r6 pretty cheap from a buddy i work with who has a late 80's gsxr (1100 i think). he laid the gsx down and needed a down payment on a car and was selling his r6 for 2500 but assholes around here cant drive
Yea waaaaaay too risky out here..Bikes are a fast and cheap way to get around in this state, where you have to travel so far for everything..But too many accidents..I was in Riverdale and saw a guy get hit.he was standing and not hurt but it could have been Fatal ya know..Time for a hybrid..

{X}Echo419
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
damn Canadians

2.0civic
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Yea waaaaaay too risky out here..Bikes are a fast and cheap way to get around in this state, where you have to travel so far for everything..But too many accidents..I was in Riverdale and saw a guy get hit.he was standing and not hurt but it could have been Fatal ya know..Time for a hybrid..

true. two people at my job have been hit going THROUGH THE PARKING LOT by people not paying attention. i saw a rc51 and a rr600 go down by careless ass drivers. and thats in a parking lot...

Scgrandprix
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Drill in Alaska! Can supply the world for the next 10 years.

Fake QD®
05-04-2006, 01:53 AM
^^^Wurd. Later, QD.