PDA

View Full Version : Misc Silent Hill 3/5

4dmin
04-20-2006, 09:56 PM
well we just got back from Silent HIll prescreening... ahhh it was alright worth DVD maybe not the big screen...

- you start right into the movie, no background

- kinda slow

- good scary parts but few

- not many demons but good cgi

- when you get the background story its cool but too little to late

+ my girl had her face covered alot of the film

+ good cgi

overall it was pretty cool, leaves the ending open :goodjob:

* thanx hugo for the tickets :D *

CopyRight
04-21-2006, 07:43 AM
damnit, I was gonna go see it tonight, but now you kinda make me want to save my $8.50

St0lenR
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Damn, I get no love

IntegraXTR
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
fuck, I was planning on seeing it tonight, having second thoughts now

Nemesis
04-21-2006, 11:18 AM
why? He said overall its pretty cool. Movies are really subject to personal opinions, go see it for yourself and form an opinion for yourself! I cant wait to see it still!

OvErMiNd
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
If you've played the games, you'll love the movie. It's all about how much you know before hand.

4dmin
04-21-2006, 12:16 PM
if you want to take your girl to a scary movie this is a good one, but i would wait for dvd... i've played the games and i still was like ... ummm ok.

just don't go to the movie expecting to be kick ass like resident evil, this is not that type of movie

Nemesis
04-21-2006, 01:44 PM
I have a half ass understanding of the story line but never played the games. Hope I like it :(

Decker1.8t
04-22-2006, 09:51 AM
meh. it was alright. I was kinda disappointed. There were a few cool parts. I thought it would be a bit more twisted though. oh well.

Outphase
04-22-2006, 12:25 PM
+ good cgi

Just so you know... most of it was actually real people acting, including the movement and such... later retouched with some minor special effects.

Def not a movie to take the girl to watch. Pretty gross, but in terms of relating to the video game, it does a good transition from videogame to movie.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM
movie was AWFUL...

special fx were decent.. storyline was confusing at times..

the last scene with the barb wire and vagina? ewww.. or the scene with the girl in front of the church and had her whole skin ripped off.. WTF?!?!

i4_garage
04-22-2006, 08:28 PM
^^vagina ? and barb wire?...WTF???????

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM
storyline was confusing at times..

You have to have follwed the game a lot to get this movie. I enjoyed it very much. Just saw it today. Later, QD.

fight club
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
just saw it. liked it. agree with had to be a fan of the game.

DRFTR
04-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Silent Hill the movie sucks ass...this movie is not worth the money moreless the 2 hours of time you will lose watching this horrible movie...graphics were pretty cool, but was not scary at all in my opinion...resident evil was alot better moreless resident evil 2

ALVIN
04-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Movie was alright like you said paul good cgi...overall it was straight...VERY LOUUD hurt my ears almost lol. The zombie bitch nurses had some great titties lol. movie was pretty good just not what i expected.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Movie was alright like you said paul good cgi...overall it was straight...VERY LOUUD hurt my ears almost lol. The zombie bitch nurses had some great titties lol. movie was pretty good just not what i expected.

for a minute they looked like they were dancing like if they were in a damn Michael Jackson Thriller

ALVIN
04-23-2006, 08:49 AM
lol for real man...the movie wasnt scary thta much to me...it had some weird as parts... "LOOK AT ME....I'm Burning"

duck2k6
04-23-2006, 12:03 PM
did any of yu ply the video game at all?

duck2k6
04-23-2006, 12:04 PM
damn keyboard acting up. did anyone play the game?

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2006, 12:33 PM
My wife and I played and beat all four of them. Later, QD.

B18c-rex
04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Saw it and would give it a 3 out of 5 ...... The demons / creatures were the best part i thought

ALVIN
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
THAT BIG ASS KNIFE YO!!! OH SNAP! lol...i knew that mo fugga was gonna try to cut em lol. i didnt even know it was based on a game lol

Outphase
04-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Nurses were real break dancers...it was hot..
But yeah...the movie was definetly not made to be scary, was meant to be dark.

- Definetly have to play the games to really understand and grasp the movie.
- Music then music turning off once running away/entering another room ( I don't know how many of you caught that)
- Radio static when monsters got near (should have been used more often)

ALVIN
04-24-2006, 06:37 AM
The mofo with the big ass knife was cool...what were those things at the begining? Melted Children from the school house (when she crawled into the bowling alley(sp). It was fairly dark. The ending, I assume, was that because Sharon opened her eyes "THe Reaper/One with many names" took over her and kept the mother in her own private world so only she could have her? Thats how I precieved the ending. Seems like there will be another one.

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
yeah not sure if i completely got the very end or not...

obd1kenobi
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
just don't go to the movie expecting to be kick ass like resident evil, this is not that type of movie

Wow! Resident evil was not a kick ass movie, that movie sucks the biggest of balls!

Silent Hill, was a much much better movie, one of the few good video game/movies I know of. I think I'll see it again! lol! B/C a bitch got her skin ripped right fuckin off! lol!

4dmin
04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
^ sorry dude the skin ripping was weak, hellraiser did it back in the 80-90's... and it looked better :goodjob:

resident evil = hotter chicks, better acting, more action, better music

ECMgarrett
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
ive never played the game, but i liked the movie pretty good.
i didnt understand the ending, so is she stuck in silent hill or what? why aint she home with her boy?

and im pretty sure the rest of the theater was filled with people thatd never heard "fuck" before, caue people laughed every damn time it was said, it was ridiculous

JMCIVIC01
04-24-2006, 02:02 PM
^ sorry dude the skin ripping was weak, hellraiser did it back in the 80-90's... and it looked better :goodjob:

resident evil = hotter chicks, better acting, more action, better music

I agree silent hill was garbage and some chick getting her skin ripped off is not anything special it did not even look real lol resident evil had a better story line and you never had to play the game to understand it, silent hill was confusing and it had no background like buddy said its like they dive right into the shit lol I did think it was funny when that cop got set on fire lol and the barbed wire scene was pretty wicked lol good animation but waste of money and time I can't wait for resident evil 3 to come out lol

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
silent hill was confusing and it had no background

Wasn't confusing at all for people that can figure things out relatively easy. Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
X-MEN 3 FTW!!!

JMCIVIC01
04-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Wasn't confusing at all for people that can figure things out relatively easy. Later, QD.

it was still gay either way

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
^^^ And who better to judge that. Later, QD.

xJadieMx
04-24-2006, 04:34 PM
the movie was good... i suppose for most people who have not played the game they wouldnt understand it but yeah 3.7 out of 5 for me ;o)

it was a little confusing and stuff and pyramid head was pretty neat and that biker cop chick was a total dike but yeah. good stuff.

JMCIVIC01
04-24-2006, 05:15 PM
^^^ And who better to judge that. Later, QD.

just voicing my opinion after all everybody has one stretchy.later,JM.

chameleon30038
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I thought the movie was bad ass....not a scary film persay but i enjoyed the cgi and plot.
It pissed me off that they left the ending open.

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
just voicing my opinion after all everybody has one stretchy.later,JM.

Look. I'm not one of your "buddies" ya dig. Keep that for your "housemates." Lolol. So no need to go with the "Stretchy" thing. Later, QD.

JMCIVIC01
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Look. I'm not one of your "buddies" ya dig. Keep that for your "housemates." Lolol. So no need to go with the "Stretchy" thing. Later, QD.

did I say you were my buddy?lolol and what housemates?I have been out for awhile now stretchmark. so no need to try and resort to old news to be funny, you try to hard,later,JM.

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
What's cool is I don't try at all. And I'm still better (much) than you. Stretchmark? And you say I'm trying too hard. Out or not, that shit you were in kind of gotcha in the gay spirit, huh? Trying to come up with your own pet name for me won't get me into your arms. Later, QD.

duck2k6
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
that's some funny shit. good one qd

duck2k6
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
and the movie was great 8 out of 10. if you would think about it there is a reason an ending is left open at the end or did you understand the end.

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah but the games were like unrelated? at least the characters were (or have i forgotten it completely).

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-24-2006, 11:19 PM
the lady cop had a fucking huge ass rack..

I noticed the music when you entered/exited out of a room too..

JMCIVIC01
04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
What's cool is I don't try at all. And I'm still better (much) than you. Stretchmark? And you say I'm trying too hard. Out or not, that shit you were in kind of gotcha in the gay spirit, huh? Trying to come up with your own pet name for me won't get me into your arms. Later, QD.

you do try and I don't think you notice how hard you do either but that's what you have to do if all you are is worthless lame like you stretch, and you know nothin about the shit I was in, you got your info from some 2 cent whore that will swallow a dick for a dollar and plus you don't even know me so stop acting like you need to know any of my business nor talk about my past like you know me or somethin, cause you don't ghostbuster, and only you would say some gay shit about trying to hold me and shit,oh yeah and take the guy that kissed your ass with ya ducky lolol later,JM.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2006, 04:34 AM
you do try and I don't think you notice how hard you do either but that's what you have to do if all you are is worthless lame like you stretch, and you know nothin about the shit I was in, you got your info from some 2 cent whore that will swallow a dick for a dollar and plus you don't even know me so stop acting like you need to know any of my business nor talk about my past like you know me or somethin, cause you don't ghostbuster, and only you would say some gay shit about trying to hold me and shit,oh yeah and take the guy that kissed your ass with ya ducky lolol later,JM.

That was one long, incoherent, non-sensical sentence right there, dude. You tried harder typing that then I try when I type Later, QD. Lolol @ you. Later, QD.

dELfONiK
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I thought the movie was alright.. The acting was pretty bad. I was hoping for some make out action between the cop and the mom, lol.. I never played the game, so I was a little confused about certain parts...

Annihilation
04-26-2006, 02:27 PM
It was a waste of money....not scary at all

Wasted $46 on dinner and a movie....Not worth it for pussy

Shit coulda rented a flick and watched it at her place

AtifSajid
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Movie was straight..it could have been better.

Master Shake
04-26-2006, 11:02 PM
my brother told me about this movie after he went and seen. said it was pretty good, but i'll wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it. i can wait.

Master Shake
04-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Wasted $46 on dinner and a movie....Not worth it for pussy

thats classic.

Xan
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
It was alright. I wouldn't pay money to see it so i didn't(pay that is). Long, drawn-out story-line, CG was OK at best. The babies didn't have knives. Scariest part of the first scene from the first game was Babies with knives and no knives here. Overall, wasn't that scary and I've seen MUCH better revenge flicks. I.E Lucky Number Slevin.

99ITRGIRL
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm gonna see it tonight

lexi2003
04-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I Love scary movies but i am having second thoughts about going and seeing it i may just wait for it to come to blockbuster that way i save money and only spend like 3 dollars

AznTraitor
04-30-2006, 08:00 AM
The movie was "OKAY" at best....it was too boring and drawn out for the first 45mins....I was barely staying awake. The dumb ass main character was running all over the place like a jackass, so it's a damn wonder why she didnt get killed any sooner. When they started to fill you in on all the background story, it was kind of too late in my eyes because I was already tired of even sitting there and watching it. I'm extremely happy that I was able to catch a early movie and only pay 5 bucks because if I paid 8.25, I'd be extremely pissed.

98Impreza234
04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I liked it