PDA

View Full Version : FS: 99 Civic Si race car CHEAP RACING

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 06:59 PM
New interest has been drummed up from a few parties so here we go again...
Listed previously, several people interested however nothing is concrete as of yet so I am re-listing it here, new price $6,500 OBO. Spares package including extra sets of wheels, tires, rains, negotiable on shipping. I need to sell it to make way for another effort.

1999 Si, salvage title, straight, repaired in 2000, raced since then, prepared by Baumann, 23k miles. Prepared to SSC rules, fresh motor (less 500 miles), some spares, some dings/dents from runoffs (negotiable on repair). Car is fast at all the Southeast tracks that I have come to run over the past 4 or 5 years, 16 wins, 2 SIC championships. Car is at the minimum weight. Some of you on the forum here have seen the car and seen it often
]
Evo II seat
Welded cage with Nascar bars
Fire ext.
Momo Wheel
Push to talk button "in wheel"

Spares available (negotiable):
Extra shocks (1 or 2, need to check)
Extra springs (1 or 2, need to check)
3 sets wheels
Tires: I will sell it with 1 set of NEW rains mounted, and at least 2 sets of Kumho 710's/runoff scrubs (4 or 5 laps) mounted on the other sets. More tires (negotiable)
Stock driver seat
Stock steering wheel (no airbags)

I will try to answer questions posted here if possible as I am sure I am never going to remember to post everything everyone will want to know..

Car is ready to race, ready to win...

$6,500

As required:

Make: Honda
Model: Civic Si
Year: 1999
Mileage: 23,300
Options: None (see above) :)
Mods: see above :)
Engine: 1.6l
VIN#: I dunno top of my head

Condition: Good

PRICE: $6500 OBO

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Pics below

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
More pics:

vtecgsrguy
04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
nice!! bump for u!!!

LS2ner
04-20-2006, 07:23 PM
need to post more info...such as: What engine exactly, what mods, what brand of springs and shocks, etc.

civic95
04-20-2006, 07:30 PM
If I was single I would turn this into a solo II car

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 07:31 PM
need to post more info...such as: What engine exactly, what mods, what brand of springs and shocks, etc.

Prepared to SSC rules.

Springs and shocks are stock.
Front camber at max allowed by rules
K&N filter
Comptech rear sway bar
$2800 cage installed
Motor is a new rebuild and is strong (Si B16, matching numbers)

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
If I was single I would turn this into a solo II car

You wouldn't have to do much, sell extra wheels and tires as needed for funding :)

This car could win Solo's easily, it is setup well :)

N/A EK
04-20-2006, 07:41 PM
nice man...fair price too, good luck sellin it

LQQKITZME
04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
wow man you have been trying to sell this thing for years..

Bump for you good deal..

RacingmySi
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM
wow man you have been trying to sell this thing for years..

Bump for you good deal..

lol I usually put it up at the beginning of the season for a bit, and then take it down if it doesn't sell and I get past the mark of enough time to do something else. I have a prospect now, looked at some other things and decided to post it up in case anyone can afford it now :)

LQQKITZME
04-21-2006, 09:52 AM
it is a good deal thats for sure... Good luck on your sale i see it everytime you go to sell it I wish i could get it..

speedminded
04-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Prepared to SSC rules.

Springs and shocks are stock.
Front camber at max allowed by rules
K&N filter
Comptech rear sway bar
$2800 cage installed
Motor is a new rebuild and is strong (Si B16, matching numbers)To help clarify, SSC is Showroom Stock C...minor mods only.

200sxSE
04-21-2006, 10:24 AM
wtf no header? no exaust? no intake? no intake manifold?
most of all NO SPRINGS OR STRUTS! wtf, thats not a race car, you slapped some vinly on a wrecked ass car and ricer race it.
you want to see a real race car? my buddy has a fully gutted 2000 gutted civic si,
fully built head 4-1 header, custom catback
every bolt on imaganible, also has full tein suspension, and also carbon fiber trunk and hood, as well as carbon fiber dash,
you think you have a "race car" well
LOL on you.
noth worth 6,500 at all!!!!!!!
ure selling a gutted ass civic with a salvage title!
i can go buy a salvage ej8 shell for 500$ anyday
and then grab a gsr swap for 3k

200sxSE
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
btw, you car is not the kumho car
fuckin ricer.
you wish your car was that cool

kooki
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
most of all NO SPRINGS OR STRUTS! wtf, thats not a race car, you slapped some vinly on a wrecked ass car and ricer race it.
you want to see a real race car? my buddy has a fully gutted 2000 gutted civic si,
every bolt on imaganible, also has full tein suspension, and also carbon fiber trunk and hood, as well as carbon fiber dash,
LOL on you.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :stfu:

and also carbon fiber trunk and hood, as well as carbon fiber dash,

oh shit...carbon fiber trunk, hood, and dash?! damn thats just screaming RACE CAR! :yourock:

speedminded
04-21-2006, 10:39 AM
LOL on you.
and then grab a gsr swap for 3kYou are a complete dumbass, do you have any clue about racing and what classes are?

What tein suspension does your friend have?

umairejaz
04-21-2006, 10:47 AM
LOL on you.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

speedminded
04-21-2006, 10:54 AM
LOL on you.
and then grab a gsr swap for 3kWhere's the cage? Where's the Halon extinguisher system? I have a 4 to 1 header, carbon fiber, tein flex, custom as you can get exhaust and i'm not a race car :( ohhh, but wait, i got a type-r engine...it must be a race car!!!

Got two del slo's that would run circles around your friends SI ;)

200sxSE
04-21-2006, 11:44 AM
his is track only, he does not drive it on the street.
carbon fiber hood, trunk and dash = lots of weight reduction.

im sying, the car
is not worth 6,500 at all...
sorry for bashing, but jeeze thats a rip

aaronfelipe
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
damn good price

speedminded
04-21-2006, 12:43 PM
his is track only, he does not drive it on the street.
carbon fiber hood, trunk and dash = lots of weight reduction.

im sying, the car
is not worth 6,500 at all...
sorry for bashing, but jeeze thats a ripCorrection, FAL or Lexan glass= lots of weight reduction, CF is minimal compared to the windows.

Track only? race what....road course or drag? and again, what Tein suspension?

2.0civic
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
i smell BS without pics to back up the claim, and 6500 for a nice car isnt bad. VERY NICE PRICE IMO, and where are you getting $500 shells from?? LMK cause i need one

2.0civic
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
come on now speedminded. you expect a riceboy to know about the wight reduction of lexan when CF is just SOOOO cool?? giving him too much credit

speedminded
04-21-2006, 12:54 PM
VERY NICE PRICE IMO, The engine is an easy $2,000 to $2,500, the transmission is $1,000, the cage is over $2,000. That's well over $5,000 not including the body, suspension, wheels & tires, etc. Any idea what it cost to charge a fire system? What about the sponsors...are they included? Any contract with them?

$6,500 for a strong track legal race car is a great deal, a track prepared EF that is 10 years older would still cost $3-4,000 :2cents:

SixSquared
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
LOL on you.

Hey asshole... if you READ, the car is SSC... meaning, they're not allowed to do many mods in that category. SSC forces you to be a good DRIVER, as you're not relying on bolt ons and mods to give your car the edge over others. Something your buddy would know nothing about. Kthxbye GTFO

BUMP for a nice track car.. looks like fun. :)

2.0civic
04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey asshole... if you READ, the car is SSC... meaning, they're not allowed to do many mods in that category. SSC forces you to be a good DRIVER, as you're not relying on bolt ons and mods to give your car the edge over others. Something your buddy would know nothing about. Kthxbye GTFO

BUMP for a nice track car.. looks like fun. :)

+1 for you plus the guy obviously cant read where it was fixed in 2k and speedminded, way to break down the cost for everyone.

is the car street legal?? if i had the money i would come get it today but im just a broke ass white boy.

speedminded
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM
is the car street legal?? if i had the money i would come get it today but im just a broke ass white boy.not with a salvage title...would need a licensed rebuilder to get it inspected.

dr_dave
04-21-2006, 02:20 PM
LOL on you.

What a douschebag. :tool:

2.0civic
04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
not with a salvage title...would need a licensed rebuilder to get it inspected.

AH!! gotcha. How hard is it to get it inspected and passed?

speedminded
04-21-2006, 03:45 PM
AH!! gotcha. How hard is it to get it inspected and passed?talk to a licensed rebuilder, used to be able to do the work yourself and drop it off to be inspected or they sometime will drive to the car and inspect it...used to be under $100. Can only inspect it prior to paint though so they can see what body work was done on it. BUT now it's gotta go through someone with a license and they'd probably charge out the ass to do it...never know though.

ECMgarrett
04-21-2006, 04:08 PM
that dude is a jerk, fuck off
sounds like a good deal, hope you get it sold

RacingmySi
04-21-2006, 10:32 PM
CAR IS SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Couple of points (in my best RiCer voice):

Indeed it is a salvage title. If you can find an inspector (easy) that someone knows or one that doesn't care, true that for $100 you can street title it. I have a friend of a friend that would have done it had I installed headlamp bulbs and turn signals even with the cage, but I never had an intention to do so as the car came to me stripped out to have a complete cage installed and the only home it would see was in a covered trailer - yo.

As for your friends car, I have my track times at every track in the southeast and several outside of the southeast. As someone said I would have run circles around his car and all its coolio bolt-on stuff. Nothing beats seat time G :) I would have run a track day for his pink slip any day, rain or shine, believe dat. Ask track boyz in Z06's why they cannot run faster times or the Lotus Elise,350z's etc. seat time G, seat time.

For your info:
Check your numbers as someone did all on their own.

Car, 3 sets of wheels, 4 sets of new tires ($592 a set from tirerack), $2,000 cage with Nascar door bars (although I guess you are dumb enough to buy a bolt in cage), $1,000 of spares, setup info, a fresh motor (I will leave it at that) and every bit prepared as the GCR fuzzy allows (people here know what that is all about).

Sparco seat, Momo wheel, wired for radio, lap timer, transponder, camera mount, comptech sways, proper racing alignment (figure out that statement foolio) and it was a deal and a half ;)

Have a great day, hope to see you or your friend as an instructor at a driving school sometime for licensing :)

This is all in good fun that I am poking the point was no cheaper way to get into racing then this unless you wanted a car that wouldn't run at the front :)

RacingmySi
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
btw, you car is not the kumho car
fuckin ricer.
you wish your car was that cool

That was my car foolio. If you can blowup the ad, read it.

24 hours at Moroso, car finished 17th overall in a field of 50+ in the slowest class allowed into the race. 3 Kumho engineers drove the car :)

The decals were because I had a full sponsorship (you can figure out who) for that race to cover the $10,000 it cost to run it. I continued to run those decals until such time I had some body work done in the off season to fix some banging.

I have been sponsored by Kumho (among others) for 5 years.