PDA

View Full Version : Smoke out the exhaust

blacknightteg
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
ok, so it doesnt happen at a constant pace or anything but when im exceparting and shift at an high RPM im told and have seen myself sometimes smoke come out of the exhaust. again, it doesnt happen all the time only in high RPMS, anyone know the reason this is happening?

IntegraXTR
04-20-2006, 04:11 PM
what color is the smoke?

AE86 Dorifto
04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Could be many things. I need more details to be able to answer.

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 07:41 AM
the color of the smoke is white....i mean i really cant give you anymore details then from what i have already given you.....

AE86 Dorifto
04-21-2006, 07:43 AM
When it starts smoking does it make any strange noises? Does the car start driving strange in any way?

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
not really that i can tell...everything seems normal when i shift and what not and am driving, i can just kinda tell their is smoke commin out cuz i smell it it a little bit and people have seen it

B16a2 Civic
04-21-2006, 07:45 AM
is it just when you shift?
mine only has smoke carbon minoxide come out whne it shifts....im thinkin thats what yours in...
what type of cat convertor do you have...stock?

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 07:46 AM
yeah, but like i dont see smoke come out of it every time i shift its only when and if i shift at like high RPM's...yeah i think i have a stock one...i dont remember lol

B16a2 Civic
04-21-2006, 07:49 AM
yeah, but like i dont see smoke come out of it every time i shift its only when and if i shift at like high RPM's...yeah i think i have a stock one...i dont remember lol

its probably just carbon minoxide, you either have a bad cat, no cat, or a hole in ya cat convertor( which either one aint that bad, your just polluting more and wont pass emissions if you attempt) as long as your not shootin oil out, your fine.
shootin oil out your exhaust....blown head gasket

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
its probably just carbon minoxide, you either have a bad cat, no cat, or a hole in ya cat convertor( which either one aint that bad, your just polluting more and wont pass emissions if you attempt) as long as your not shootin oil out, your fine.
shootin oil out your exhaust....blown head gasket

well see thats the thing, this has been goin on for a while, even before i had my emissions test and i passed that

B16a2 Civic
04-21-2006, 07:51 AM
well see thats the thing, this has been goin on for a while, even before i had my emissions test and i passed that

well, then its one of those things where you gotta be there to tell you exactly, as long as it nots black, your good
more likely its your cat

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 07:53 AM
lol, yeah...thanks for the insight tho....i mean its not really that much of a bothersome cuz im not like rappin the hell out of my car when it comes to shifting or anything, i just figured id find out wtf it was

Nemesis
04-21-2006, 08:03 AM
White smoke isnt a fuel problem, its possibly a sign of coolant in the exhaust. You could possibly have a cracked head/blown head gasket. Sometimes when the head gasket goes it will produce a passage for the antifreeze to pass from the capillaries into the combustion chamber

Black smoke is a fuel issue. I spray black smoke when I use nitrous and the bottle is almost empty, and before I had any tuning NA.

B16a2 Civic
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
White smoke isnt a fuel problem, its possibly a sign of coolant in the exhaust. You could possibly have a cracked head/blown head gasket. Sometimes when the head gasket goes it will produce a passage for the antifreeze to pass from the capillaries into the combustion chamber

Black smoke is a fuel issue. I spray black smoke when I use nitrous and the bottle is almost empty, and before I had any tuning NA.

i had the colors backwards LIRL

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
yeah but i mean like i said its not a constant thing only when im in high rpms. if it is a coolant problem could that because the engine is working harder or something so it makes the smoke come and be more appearant?

Nemesis
04-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Most any problem starts at higher RPM's then gradually starts affecting mid range RPM's , etc. Get it checked out for sure.

blacknightteg
04-21-2006, 09:41 AM
yeah, i will, i just dont understand it cuz its been happening for a good while, and from what i can tell no other major problems

91199si
04-21-2006, 11:17 AM
oil chang