PDA

View Full Version : question

rickgiblin
04-19-2006, 04:38 PM
ok, is the d16y8... is that a long block or basically can i put a long block into my ex without having to change anything? i have a blown d16y8 rite now. how can i tell if its a long block or a regular block?

Whatthatslame
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Long block is an automotive term describing an engine sub-assembly consisting of the following:

* Short block. The long block is always a superset of the corresponding short block.
* Cylinder head. A complete new or remanufactured cylinder head assembly is installed with a new head gasket and torqued to specification. Complete cylinder heads include new or reconditioned valves, valve springs, valve guides (if applicable), valve seats (if applicable), valve locks, and valve keepers. The bare head is free from cracks, warps, or holes.
* If the engine is a flathead, then the valve train is installed if the short block did not already have it.

On most engines, the camshaft will be installed. On many engines with timing gears, the camshaft will be timed.
Long block refers to a Engine pretty much minus the Tranny
and A Short block would just be the Block...

To answer your question if you alredy had a D16y8 and you going to put another d16y8 Longblock in then yes you can just use the tranny, ECU, axels, and harness to drop the new Motor in..
very easy swap
Hope that helped ya :goodjob:

3kgtdrvr
04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
^yup, thats it. i definately advise u to get a longblock especially if u didnt even know the difference (no offense) simply bc it just bolts right in. short blocks mean allllll sorts of trouble u probably dont wanna get into. especially with cheap honda motors, just get a longblock

99SI
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, That's one of the greatest questions I've seen in a long time. I'm sorry, not trying to be mean, just had to let you know that you brightened my day and I actually lol'd. Good luck on fixing your car.

BABY J
04-26-2006, 03:24 PM
BOBW = Z6 block w/ Y8 head... but if if you already have y8 block then just go for the drop and swap, 4get going hybrid.

rickgiblin
04-26-2006, 06:12 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, That's one of the greatest questions I've seen in a long time. I'm sorry, not trying to be mean, just had to let you know that you brightened my day and I actually lol'd. Good luck on fixing your car.
hahahaha thanks for being a dick about a question that you really didnt have to comment about. so go ahead and fix your little phoenix shit and fuck off. congrats on receiving the "Dick of the Day" award. and if you dont have shit to help me out then dont fuckin post asshat.