PDA

View Full Version : engine

KNHTRDR
04-29-2005, 08:17 AM
lookin 4 a 2.5 legacy Turbo engine with crosmembers any ideas, sellers,where to look???

WRX_STi
04-29-2005, 09:41 AM
You want it new? used? built? unbuilt? short block? long block? etc

KNHTRDR
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
used or built I think it's gonna be a short block

Tracer
04-29-2005, 03:30 PM
It all depends how much you want spend really? For used JDM engines: Nadauto or Jarco. I can point you to built racing engines....but it will cost alot more though.

ck02wrx
04-29-2005, 10:18 PM
What car are you going to put it in. Have you thought about a USMD STI 2.5 or a JDM Forester STI 2.5 (same as USDM STI). You can find a lot for sale on NASIOC (http://www.nasioc.com) in the vendor forum. There are many companies selling built engines as well. I would suggest looking into a short block with cp pistons if you plan on 350whp or more. I swapped a JDM forester STI 2.5 in my WRX and will be getting a built short block after my tranny arrives. I wish I would have gotten a built engine the first time. I recommend Worldone Performance. They are a vendors on all of the subaru and evo forums.info on Worldone Built engines (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759118) There are several companies that build Subaru engines. I would do as much research as possible before you decide.

Tracer
04-29-2005, 10:21 PM
If you don't mind spending the money..... www.crawfordperformance.com
They are the top of the line for built engines for Suby's

ck02wrx
04-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I talked to Quirt for over an hour, on the phone several months ago, he seems to know subaru engine to a T. Although, I have heard of a few people that have had problems with his engines. I have never done business with him, so I don't know how good his customer service is. On the other hand, I've been buying parts from Garret at Worldone for 2 1/2 years and the customer service, prices, and quailty of work are all top notch.

Getting back on track to the original posters question. Why did you decide to get a Legacy 2.5 Turbo motor?

KNHTRDR
05-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I talked to Quirt for over an hour, on the phone several months ago, he seems to know subaru engine to a T. Although, I have heard of a few people that have had problems with his engines. I have never done business with him, so I don't know how good his customer service is. On the other hand, I've been buying parts from Garret at Worldone for 2 1/2 years and the customer service, prices, and quailty of work are all top notch.

Getting back on track to the original posters question. Why did you decide to get a Legacy 2.5 Turbo motor?

Thankz, I was told that it would be an easy swap in my car. I'm only tryin to get around 300hp I know it may or may not put out that much but that engine should be able to be tweaked enough to get somewhere near there

KNHTRDR
05-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Thankz for the info. I'm still in the process of doing my homework on this engine just needed to be pointed in the right direction

calmnothing
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
L's are a lot lighter than STI's. You can attain the same speed with less horse power because you're so light. If you wanted a cheaper route you can do the wrx swap and a few mods and new turbo. You'll have plenty of money left over for suspension, brakes, exterior, interior, whatever you want. Check out the GT30R thread. Another option is the 2.2L swap. More displacement than a wrx. Cheaper than STI. People have been making obscene horsepower with this engine. Check out www.nasioc.com.

calmnothing
05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
P.S. Also you dont need a crossmember from that specific car you're trying to get. You can use an older legacy turbo crossmember or wrx crossmember for whatever swap you want.

I've done a lot of research on this subject as I've had an L. Now have an RS. I'm not an expert by any means but if you have any questions let me know. I can try to help :)

KNHTRDR
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
^^Thanks man i'll keep ya posted