PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

rickgiblin
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM
ok,you probibly already knew that i blew my engine this past week. my question is that the stock one that i blew was a d16y8. the one that im looking at getting is a d16y7. will i have to change the computer and all that stuff or will i be able to hook it up and not have to change anything? can someone please help me.

Vteckidd
04-19-2006, 04:39 PM
D16Y7 is a NON VTEC motor. itll bolt in fine, the ECU should run it fine, itll throw a CEL for the VTEC stuff though.

rickgiblin
04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
hey, ive been meaning top pm you.. but could you be able to get your hands on a d series?

rickgiblin
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
and heres another question... some dude told me that this would help...

"if your bottom end is all thats messed up, just put the old head, IM, TB, dizzy, and harness onto the new motor, and use the stock ecu. that would be the easiest way to do it. other than that you would need a differanct ecu. it wouldnt be hard to just swap the new one in, but you will be losing HP"

i just need the dam thing to run so i can sell it

Vteckidd
04-19-2006, 04:47 PM
if you just need it to run, make a WTB post an fnd a D series that runs, they are $100-200 EASY all day long.

ECUs are a dime a dozen, PM scttyDB411 he might have some STOCK OBD2 single cam ecus for you. or someone on here should have some