PDA

View Full Version : Resume writers..

tony
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Looking for someone that is really good at writing resumes, this is for a friend who already has a resume but I'm sure it can be written much better than it is right now. If so contact me please, I'll paypal ya whatever you need (within reason) just let me know.

[email protected]

ShooterMcGavin
04-19-2006, 03:08 PM
what kinda job/field is he lookin to get into? u can find quite a few resume tutorials online just at like monsters website and whatnot.

DurtySpeed
04-19-2006, 03:32 PM
what kinda job/field is he lookin to get into? u can find quite a few resume tutorials online just at like monsters website and whatnot.

Yep, thats how I did mine too. And I got hired today actually!!! Woohoo. I am not the Builder Assitant for Knight Construction. I am like second inline to the superintendant.

chrisdavis
04-19-2006, 04:45 PM

I think it is more of an issue of wording than the resume itself. He needs someone good with words.

tony
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm looking at the resume now and I'm pretty sure I can do it myself, she had some typos in there and the resume alone is like 2 or 3 pages which is a no no.. I havent done a resume in years but I'm sure I can get it together for her.

ShooterMcGavin
04-19-2006, 06:27 PM
well i'm pretty good with wording. and there's nothing wrong w/having a resume that's more than 1 pg long if you're actually filling it with useful and important things, not to mention it's always good if you have a nice opener that already states your valuable skills and assets.

CALIWEST
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
send me the resume and i will take a look at it...and do some changes

ducrider
04-19-2006, 10:28 PM
not sure where she's located at, but the unemployment office in athens has a professional resume writer on staff, as i'm sure all of the unemployment offices do... and all of their services are free of charge. i've become very acquainted with these guys over the last month as i'm currently job hunting.

Ryno
04-20-2006, 07:33 AM
I do the hiring for my company and I like resumes that are 1-1.5 pages long with references included and a nice, brief cover letter. Use Word or pdf format only and use a font pleasing on the eyes and easy to read. H.R. people usually skim through resumes so you want to make easy to read all the key points.