PDA

View Full Version : NO BOOST! HELP!

Retro
04-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Whats up guys, i just recently finished my turbo install and im having a few problems, its a 91 si hatch with a jdm zc swap....garrett t3/t4 .60 trim, xs power manifold, turbonetics deltagate mark 2, starion fmic, turbo xs boost controller, blox missing link, fake greddy bov, custom pipes, custom downpipe. when i first put it on the down pipe what about 6" long, before i took it to the exhaust shop, the turbo was spooling to about 8 or 10 psi...thne it would sppol to about 5 or 6psi. after i took it to get the exhaust done, i put the o2 sensor back in. now the turbo will only spool to 2 maybe 3 psi, ive pretty much ruled out leaking intercooler pipes and bad wastegate. im not sure what the problem is...not enough compression?(the car ran strong all motor), too much back pressure?(2 1/4 piping, high flow cat, high flow resonator, straight through canister) any input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a lot guys!

scttydb411
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
cracking xs power manifold, engine going (assume it's not been tuned yet), torn coupler (did you use silicone or cheap rubber), loose wastegate...the list could be endless.

BABY J
04-19-2006, 11:37 AM
My 91 EF has no boost either... wait, I don't have a turbo though. DOH!

Stormhammer
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
check your headgasket - it might have been blown?

Retro
04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
the manifold isnt cracked,no the engine is not tuned but it should still build boost right?,couplers are all good (used good ones rated at 30 psi) wastegate isnt even opening...im thinking either my compression is too low(the car ran good all motor) or the turbo is bad....i rebuilt the turbo right before i put it in because it had some shaft play but now it dosnt have any....the only thing that worries me is that it is blowing out a lot of oil.....when i took the intercooler pipe off the turbo oil started pouring out and there was oil pooled up in the pipes.....so im thinking bad turbo...any other ideas?

THEONE
04-19-2006, 09:19 PM
get another turbo. if that ones leaking oil and you just rebuilt it,somethings wrong. just get another turbo and do a boost leak test. that means put pressure on the whole system from the turbo inliet to the throttle body.

Retro
04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
ok thanks man

scttydb411
04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah...turbo and i'd also do a compression test. i never recommend boosting on an untuned motor. ring lands could have collapsed.

LemonAJAX
04-20-2006, 11:14 AM
so this maybe a dumb question.. but you do let it cool down right? if not your lines maybe seized..

PSINXS
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
could be that sorry ass deltagate. get a TIAL. my buddy's deltagate on his SRT-4 took a crap on real quick.

HiPSI
04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
so this maybe a dumb question.. but you do let it cool down right? if not your lines maybe seized..

it takes a long time and many hot shutdowns to get the oil to cook bad enough to clog them up.

Retro
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
no i let it idle for like 2 min. before i shut it off.....and as far as the wastegate, i know the detagate isnt the best, but the wastegate isnt the problem, its not even opening, which it shouldnt because the turbo isnt boosting enough to open it